Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

MMI 3G Basic navigation 5.35.2 and firmware updates - currently 2022/2023

725K views 1K replies 391 participants last post by  hudson9028 
#1 · (Edited)
MMI 3G Basic navigation 5.35.2 and firmware updates - currently 2022/2023

Links to the latest versions of firmware and map update (with activator)

Map & activator:
MMI 3G Basic 5.34.2 Europe 2022 [Link on Mega] [Activator]
MMI 3G Basic 5.35.2 Europe 2022/2023 [Link on Mega] [Activator] (pass:4G0060884AM)
Latest maps activation HERE

• DVD 1 West : Germany, Lichtenstein, Austria, Switzerland, Andorra, Belgium, France, Gibraltar, Great Britain, Ireland, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain
  • DVD 2 East: Germany, Lichtenstein, Austria, Switzerland, Albania, Bosnia- Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Italy, Croatia, Corsica, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuanian, Macedonia, Moldavia, Montenegro, Norway, Poland, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Sweden, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Ukraine, Hungary, Vatican City, Belarus
Firmware:
MMI 3G BASIC A4-A5-Q5-A6-Q7 [Link on cloud.mail.ru || Link on Mega]
• 8R0 906 961 AA – BNav_EU_K0031_2_D1 (SVM: 3GBEU031)
• 8R0 906 961 AH – BNav_EU_K0070_2_D1 (SVM: 3GBEU070)
• 8R0 906 961 BD – BNav_EU_K0206_2_D1 (SVM: 3GBEU206)
• 8R0 906 961 DK – BNav_EU_K0257_2_D1 (SVM: 3GBEU257)
• 8R0 906 961 DP – BNav_EU_K0260_1_D1 (SVM: 3GBEU260)

• 8R0 906 961 AL – 3G_DAB_K0098 (SVM: 3GRU0098)
• 8R0 906 961 BC – BTHS_0400

If your firmware version is bellow K0257 then do K0257 followed by K0260. If you are at K0257 do only K0260.

Manual:
3G_BASIC.pdf [Link on cloud.mail.ru || Link on Mega]

Q&A section
Here are some of the questions raised by the forum members about the update process that I might failed to explain in the manual.

Q. Do i need VCDS to do the update?
A. No, you need VCDS only to clear some errors after the update but the MMI will function correctly even if you don’t clear them out.

Q. I have a Bang & Olufsen sound system not a Bose. Does this also mean that i need to exclude it?
A. Yes, better not to update the DSP system.

Q. Currently no updates for North America?
A. Not for now.

Q. I have mmi 3g , version p0XXX can i go straight to k0260?
A. Yes.

Q. 01043 - Control Module; Incorrect Software Version - How can i solve this ?
A. Restart the MMI and remove the key from ignition then put it back in. The error should change from 01043 - Control Module; Incorrect Software Version to 03276 - Please Check Software Version Management.

Q. What are 03276 and 03175, will they affect the MMI in anyway and how can they be avoided?
A. 03276 - Please Check Software Version Management will appear every time when the software is updated w/o VAS connection to the VW/Audi servers.
03175 - Invalid Data Set will appear when updating the map w/o deleting it first. Sometimes this helps to avoid that error.
They will not affect the functionality or the sound characteristics of the MMI.

Q. Is there a way to use used defined mode w/o "Green Menu"?
A. Yes. In file metainfo2.txt in the root folder if you remove the line "MetafileChecksum=XXXXXX" and add
EnableUserDefinedSWDLMode = "true"
skipMetaCRC = "true"
the you will be able to use the user mode w/o the green menu.

Warning - At no stage I take responsibility of your actions or any of my notes that may mislead you. Therefore, and like my all other documents I say “use at your own risk”.

Cheers :wink2:

Attachments

See less See more
#34 ·
Hi,

I have updated all firmware versions without an issue, now I'm battling with map updates. I have copied all unzipped files from CD1 to SD card. Inserted it to the slot, but nothing happened, waited couple of minutes, but still nothing. Then I got to the Update menu through Setup+Return, and clicked all the way to the point where it says Updates must not be interrupted. Unfortunately pressing Start does nothing, and you can then navigate to Abort button like nothing happened. Any thoughts? Thank you!

#38 ·
So I found the problem, I just didn't take out my old NAV DVD from DVD drive. After updating maps ( East ) first, I noticed that you only get half of Europe with this. By the way maps were not blocked, I just have to keep my expensive SD card always in the slot :D Here I have 2 questions.

Is it possible to have maps without needing to keep SD card always inside the slot?

How do I get both maps working at the same time, because I'm planning a trip Germany-France-Italy-Germany and both Italy and France are in different maps. If I put both SD cards with maps in both slots will I get whole Europe map active?

I'm sorry for asking this much, but I've done this first time and if it is possible would like to set it up to my preference. Thank you!!!

#40 ·
Hi Congo,

i am not able to extract these files below :
Audi MMI 3G Europe (West) 2016 DVD-2.7z.002
Audi MMI 3G Europe (West) 2016 DVD-2.7z.003

but Audi MMI 3G Europe (West) 2016 DVD-2.7z.001 file able to extract for the West maps,

also please let me know when do ihave to install activation file 1KB file

Thanks

#45 ·
no, you need to go all the way from the top to bottom with all firmware updates listed in the 1st topic then go with your preferable map update. If you prefer to have all countries listed in the East Map update this one and vice versa. Then if needed do an activator. For my car, activator was not necessary somehow.

#44 ·
Hi congo,

Thanks a lot for the links.

My scenario was to update from 257 to 260 so I've extacted the contents of the 260 highlited file: 8R0906961DP (BNav_EU_K0260_1_D1)\BNav_EU_K0260_1_D1_(A4-A5-Q5-Q7).rar and all good.

I have a question regarding other files like those located in : 8R0906961AL (3G_DAB_K0098), 4G0919884E (SDS Language_CD_EU_0006), 8R0906961BC (BTHS_0400)

Should those also be installed as part of 260 or on top of 260 or are those just other firmwares ?

Another point: in the activator metadata is specified: skipSaveTrainName= "true" which would leave the old Train Name to show up although new version is installed. I think this setting can be removed.

kiki

#46 ·
Hi congo,

Thanks a lot for the links.

My scenario was to update from 257 to 260 so I've extacted the contents of the 260 highlited file: 8R0906961DP (BNav_EU_K0260_1_D1)\BNav_EU_K0260_1_D1_(A4-A5-Q5-Q7).rar and all good.

I have a question regarding other files like those located in : 8R0906961AL (3G_DAB_K0098), 4G0919884E (SDS Language_CD_EU_0006), 8R0906961BC (BTHS_0400)

Should those also be installed as part of 260 or on top of 260 or are those just other firmwares ?

Another point: in the activator metadata is specified: skipSaveTrainName= "true" which would leave the old Train Name to show up although new version is installed. I think this setting can be removed.

Cheers

#48 ·
Hi Congo,

i have A4 2011 :Nav_EU_P0054_D1

can i directly install BNav_EU_K0260_1_D1_(A4-A5-Q5-Q7) ?

can i keep all the three files in one SD card or do i have to use three different SD cards ?

please write down briefly steps here ,just three steps ,if it does not work whats the back out plans ?

cheers

#50 ·
Hi Congo,

i have installed successfully from Nav_EU_P0054_D1 to directly installed BNav_EU_K0260_1_D1_(A4-A5-Q5-Q7)

after that i have installed the EU west maps and then screen showed me blocked then i did activation all worked fine .

i took three different sd cards extracted only files on the 3 sd cards separate and followed pdf ,well some of the PDF steps not exact but still it helps.

thanks all and Congo for your support

my final question is : how to enable the speed camera's on the latest 2016 maps ?

thanks

#52 · (Edited)
Manual update with attached files into it

Manual:
3G_BASIC.pdf [...]
Hi dear congo,
great job you`ve done in your "spare" time!
Health, wealth and happiness to you and your family!

Regarding to the above quote from the first post, I spare some time to research and collect "attached" to the .pdf files and realy attached them to the file.
Please check them and update the manual file into the first post - it would be easier to all of us.

Regards from Bg,EU

PS Because of the forum`s rule restriction links from members with 0 posts, I will try in the next one to provide the file download link.

#54 ·
hi hrissim,
you don't actually need the scripts from the manual but if you do then just ask.
The one for the green menu is already in the topic for 3GP, and i think there you can find the one for the 3623 too.

For the "basic" map install neither of these scripts is prerequisite.
They are for some errors removal and stuff :)

Cheers.

#55 ·
Hi Congo,

i have installed this western map ,i am living in UK ,some of the postcodes and buildings map is missing in UK

some post code is missing and building...etc,however on the google map it works fine .

so is that the maps up to date or do we need to update the map once again ?what you suggest ,

Regards,

#56 ·
DAB performance

I upgraded from 0022 up to 0260, but have noticed the DAB performance is now very intermittent, mostly reporting no reception and then a few hours later works fine for a few minutes without the car moving. Looking in the green menu it seems to have problems locking onto the signals (even after trying a external antenna).

I have the combined radio and DAB in the boot.

If it was a firmware issue is it possible to roll back versions to check?

#60 ·
Sooo, I ended up buying a cable from Nigel and updating firmware and maps and all good. Did I need a cable to do this? No. It did give me insurance though that I could fix things if it went wrong (let me enable the green menu, and use vcds), and I will use it on my a4 and my wife's golf later on so its not money wasted.

Haven't actually checked whether there are errors, but as correctly stated by Congo, unless you have vcds, you wouldn't know (or maybe care) if there were...

Just to share my experience so others are more clear

#63 ·
Updated to the 2016 maps yesterday including firmware upgrades (damn that's nervous wrecking when it's rebooting and the screen stays black for like half a minute...).
All is working like a charm. At first it didn't need the FSC code, could navigate for a couple of minutes and suddenly the maps were locked. The activator worked like a charm too.

Now waiting for my VAGCOM cable to fix the 03276 error. Like some said, it doesn't do any harm, but I don't want errors :p Anyway, good work congo!

Oh, couldn't find the Copy from FSC.zip nor the FSC Remove if 03623 Fault.zip but didn't need them anyway.