Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
81 - 100 of 1197 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Frist of all, Congo's guide is top notch for step by step guide so thanks for the effort!
I do have a query which others have mentioned but I couldn't spot a definitive answer...and I'm bricking it about going any further tbh.

I have a 3G Basic MMI with K0257 Firmware installed. My NAV database is still running the stock 2011 maps that came with the car. I've got to the point where I put the new maps onto the SD card and the MMI says to you want to update so I know the new maps on the SD card are good, I've stopped at this point....

I just want to know from everyone who has already updated their NAV database, do you always get the error codes 03276 AND/OR 03175 after the NAV updates and activation?
If you do get the error codes, where do they appear on MMI, do they keep popping up while using Sat NAV or anywhere else or are they hidden codes that you "don't see" (apart from Audi if they hookup VAGCOM)

I really CBA with having to get hold of VCDS and hook up to the car to try and clear these errors and this is the bit that's worrying me! If you always get these errors then I'll probably just leave the existing maps in place.

Many thanks

· Premium Member
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
As this is basic technically you are not "installing" the MAP.
Either the DVD or the SD card should be in the unit in order to use the navigation.
Most of us use the SD because it's more reliable.

About the errors - they will not affect the work of the unit, nor they will appear on the screen.

· Registered
15 Posts
I've upgraded firmware without issue. Can I install maps from A DVD instead of using the SD slot? I created a DVD from the files but MMI doesn't recognize DVD as having map data and can't upgrade.

BTW Excellent work congo
Your best off with an SDCARD mate... I burned the same Map content to a DVD-R and the car never recognised the content... put the same content onto the SD and it found it immediately.

Maybe an DVD+R disc may work or a Dual Layer?

· Registered
2 Posts
Firstly thanks to Congo and others for this fantastic thread. I'm now all up to date and it is working fantastically.

I now what to remove the errors that have surfaced and am confused by the page (see attached). I am doing all my changes through Carista, and it's been great so far. It has flagged the two errors!

What does pressing 1,2,3 on the control unit do?

Thanks for your help

Attachments

· Registered
13 Posts
hi guys, first off thanks for the maps and updates supplied here! a few quick noob questions! my car has the mmi 3g low unit, my hea unit was replaced a little bit ago due to a fault but has currently got BNav_EU_k0257_2_D1 software running do i need to update this to 260 to get the new 2016 maps to run? its currently running 2011 maps via DVD, sorry again if its a silly question but i dont want to brick the system.

Attachments

· Registered
13 Posts
just thought id give an update i have now installed the system update without a problem car is now running k0260 - but im having a problem with getting the car to read the maps off the sd car when i put it in nothing's happening i have downloaded and extracted the following files and placed them onto an sd card

Audi MMI 3G Europe (West) 2016 DVD-2.7z.001
Audi MMI 3G Europe (West) 2016 DVD-2.7z.002
Audi MMI 3G Europe (West) 2016 DVD-2.7z.003

is there a certain way these files need to be copied onto the car? i know im missing a simple step here!

thanks

· Registered
1 Posts
I agree with you and maybe i have to do it but ... it's always a question of time :) I need to change and re-upload the files, but i have them only on my personal pc .. at home. With two kids waiting at home you can imagine how busy my evenings are :wink2: And they can be like the devil some times. >:) But will do as soon as i have some time free for that. Currently all my free time is going in hacking MMI and Radio units so they can be converted from US to EU :wink2:

p.s. About the green menu there are some scripts that can activate it too but i didn't tested them :( Unfortunately i don't have time for everything. :crying:
Congo, First thank you for you support. I have tonight upgraded my maps to 2016 which went without any problems following you guide. I was reluctant to perform the firmware upgrade as I was worried about this CP potential that you spoke about further in the forum. I have first 0206 currently, can you advise what the differences are with 0260? Is it better to upgrade the firmware along with the maps update?

One final thing, i tried to run the Green menu activation, I copied the files to an 8gb SD card, loaded it into my car and turned the MMI system on. It came up with the two screens one advising to run the script and the other advising the script had been run. The screen then indicated it was in the mode. I tried to press the car and menu (setup) button to activate the green menu but nothing happened? Can you possibly advise please.

I am running BNav_EU_P0206_D1.

Many thanks

Jason

· Registered
1 Posts
I have updated the firmware to K0260, from K0257. However, now I cannot seem to install the map update. Every time I try to do so, the installation prompt comes up, I press Yes, and after about 30 seconds error message 'No update device found.' comes up. This happens for both East and West maps. Any ideas?

EDIT: The problem was with the operating system I was doing this on (OS X). Redid the downloading and copying on Windows, and everything works!

· Registered
4 Posts
Hey Congo,

I'm currently having ....
A4 saloon 2012 Model
Software version - BNav_EU_P0206_D1
Nav. Dbase version - 4G0919884K ECE 5.13.8

I would like to update new firmware with map as well, can i go straight to BNav_EU_K0260_1_D1?

Cheers
Suresh

· Registered
4 Posts
Hey Congo,

I would like to update firmware with map

I am currently having....
A4 2012 Model

Software version : BNav_EUP0206_D1
Nav.Database version: 4G09119884K ECE 5.13.8

Can i go straight to BNav_EU_K0260_1_D1 ?

Cheers
Suri

81 - 100 of 1197 Posts