MMI 3G Basic navigation 5.35.2 and firmware updates - currently 2022/2023
Links to the latest versions of firmware and map update (with activator)
Map & activator:
MMI 3G Basic 5.34.2 Europe 2022 [Link on Mega
MMI 3G Basic 5.35.2 Europe 2022/2023 [Link on Mega
- DVD 1 West : Germany, Lichtenstein, Austria, Switzerland, Andorra, Belgium, France, Gibraltar, Great Britain, Ireland, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain
- DVD 2 East: Germany, Lichtenstein, Austria, Switzerland, Albania, Bosnia- Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Italy, Croatia, Corsica, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuanian, Macedonia, Moldavia, Montenegro, Norway, Poland, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Sweden, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Ukraine, Hungary, Vatican City, Belarus
MMI 3G BASIC A4-A5-Q5-A6-Q7 [Link on cloud.mail.ru || Link on Mega
• 8R0 906 961 AA – BNav_EU_K0031_2_D1 (SVM: 3GBEU031)
• 8R0 906 961 AH – BNav_EU_K0070_2_D1 (SVM: 3GBEU070)
• 8R0 906 961 BD – BNav_EU_K0206_2_D1 (SVM: 3GBEU206)
• 8R0 906 961 DK – BNav_EU_K0257_2_D1 (SVM: 3GBEU257)
• 8R0 906 961 DP – BNav_EU_K0260_1_D1 (SVM: 3GBEU260)
• 8R0 906 961 AL – 3G_DAB_K0098 (SVM: 3GRU0098)
• 8R0 906 961 BC – BTHS_0400
If your firmware version is bellow K0257 then do K0257 followed by K0260. If you are at K0257 do only K0260.
3G_BASIC.pdf [Link on cloud.mail.ru || Link on Mega
Here are some of the questions raised by the forum members about the update process that I might failed to explain in the manual.
Q. Do i need VCDS to do the update?
A. No, you need VCDS only to clear some errors after the update but the MMI will function correctly even if you don’t clear them out.
Q. I have a Bang & Olufsen sound system not a Bose. Does this also mean that i need to exclude it?
A. Yes, better not to update the DSP system.
Q. Currently no updates for North America?
A. Not for now.
Q. I have mmi 3g , version p0XXX can i go straight to k0260?
Q. 01043 - Control Module; Incorrect Software Version - How can i solve this ?
A. Restart the MMI and remove the key from ignition then put it back in. The error should change from 01043 - Control Module; Incorrect Software Version to 03276 - Please Check Software Version Management.
Q. What are 03276 and 03175, will they affect the MMI in anyway and how can they be avoided?
A. 03276 - Please Check Software Version Management will appear every time when the software is updated w/o VAS connection to the VW/Audi servers.
03175 - Invalid Data Set will appear when updating the map w/o deleting it first. Sometimes this helps to avoid that error.
They will not affect the functionality or the sound characteristics of the MMI.
Q. Is there a way to use used defined mode w/o "Green Menu"?
A. Yes. In file metainfo2.txt in the root folder if you remove the line "MetafileChecksum=XXXXXX" and add
EnableUserDefinedSWDLMode = "true"
skipMetaCRC = "true"
the you will be able to use the user mode w/o the green menu.
Warning - At no stage I take responsibility of your actions or any of my notes that may mislead you. Therefore, and like my all other documents I say “use at your own risk”.