Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I had a quick question-am savvy generally but new to this so here goes: is VCDS essential to perform the upgrades and clear errors? Are errors always expected as there is no connection to Audi SVM?

Basically, can I do the upgrades (firmware and map) and perhaps not expect errors? Also, if I do get errors, does anyone know if something simpler (+ cheaper) such as BW SuperScan VS450 VAG CAN OBDII Scantool Car Code Reader could also clear the errors? I'm just interested in upgrading my maps, not in tinkering with other settings down the line.

Hope this is clear, and hope someone can advise. Cheers

· Registered
2 Posts
Sooo, I ended up buying a cable from Nigel and updating firmware and maps and all good. Did I need a cable to do this? No. It did give me insurance though that I could fix things if it went wrong (let me enable the green menu, and use vcds), and I will use it on my a4 and my wife's golf later on so its not money wasted.

Haven't actually checked whether there are errors, but as correctly stated by Congo, unless you have vcds, you wouldn't know (or maybe care) if there were...

Just to share my experience so others are more clear

1 - 2 of 2 Posts