Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1081 - 1100 of 1120 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,

I have also updated the maps from 2017 to 2020/2021 West and found the enclosed activator is for the HNAV, not the BNAV.
Does anyone have the FSC for these maps - or can anyone tell me where to get it?

Cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ok,
I used the activator from MMI 3G Basic navigation 5.31.2 and firmware updates -..., (bpodnars post no 607, page 31)
This works.
What I did :-
Downloaded the new 2020/2021 maps, unzipped and copied to SD card.
Put SD card into a slot, maps updated no problem but are locked.
Tried the FSC with the maps, wrong version.
Downloaded the activator - ran as an update through the engineering menu, nothing.
Read bpodnars post and followed instructions (almost)
Cocked it up and thought I’d corrupted my system - there was a strange overlay mirroring the MMI buttons and it was locked on maps
Rebooted with my old 2017 SD card in, 'updated' back to 2017.
Rebooted with the 2020/2021 SD card and followed the instructions properly in bpodnars post - all good (It seems the script had already run as the maps just seemed to work).

In short - download the maps, forget about the FSC as it's the wrong version, read post 607, follow the instructions properly and it all works.

Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread!

Reactions: bpodnar

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
2012 A4 Avant 2.0
1 Posts
I thought of returning to the community what I took from it in the past few days. Most links from this thread, but maybe it will help someone out. Especially with the working link hunting.

Got a MMI 3G Basic P0251, with 2013 Europe DVD. B&O audio, nothing to even tick off. Wanted to update obviously. Followed the 3G_BASIC.pdf as much as possible.

1. Enabled green menu, did the ticking. No need as I didnt have anything to untick related to BO during next step.
2. Updated to 257 (source: 33.55 GB folder on MEGA). Dig around for the 3G Basic folder.
3. Enabled green menu, did the ticking. No need as I didnt have anything to untick related to BO during next step.
4. Updated to 260 (source: 33.55 GB folder on MEGA)
5. Installed 2.33.2 East (2021/2022) (source: 7.56 GB folder on MEGA)
6. Used activator from link in 5th step - write into SD card root. Don't do any engineering menus, just insert the card in when the MMI is fully on and settled and it should start automatically. Doesn't work if the MMI just rebooted or you rush to try load it from Engineering. I kinda missed that fact and got stuck on it for a while getting the error retrieving something something.
7. Done.

Observation about activators - they are all the same. (I mean the 3G Basic ones. Bit to bit perfect actually) The one in my 5th point works. Many sources, but most are the same with screens and utils folders. Didnt try the FSP one around here as I noticed it might be for the 257 version, not sure.

Things I didnt try - changing to the West map (need to read more, as some people report that that bricks stuff up sometimes???). Any other updates or steps. Didnt delete any faults yet (will edit post when I do)

I intend to also find the activator uninstaller and put it in a safe place for when the next maps come out and most mega links are dead :)

·
Registered
A4B8
1 Posts
Hi everyone !
I got MMI 3G Basic with software BNav_EU_K0260_1_D1
I'm after updating nav database from version 5.31.2 to 5.33.2.

The update went smoothly. I copied the files to the SD card. After inserting the card into the slot, it was detected automatically. GREAT ! I had to unlock the maps, i used a script for that. The navigation works great. I have the WEST version installed.
Now I have a little problem. I currently live in the Netherlands, but i want to go to Poland. When changing the card to EAST, the system does not detect any files. The downgrade and reinstallation 5.33.2 EAST is working. It's a bit hard. Does anyone know any other method?
I'm also thinking about unpacking the EAST and WEST archives to one SD card with the replacement of the same files.
Has anyone tried this before?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, new to the forum!

I have upgraded the firmware to BNav_EU_K0260_1_D1 and the maps to 5.31.2 using the 3G_BASIC.PDF instructions and all went well, apart from...

I don't have an AMI unit, I have the 6 CD changer (which I use for MP3 CDs) but after the upgrades, the CD changer has disappeared from the SOURCES menu and the hardware is inactive (no lights, doesn't function).

I can think of four possibilities:

1) I need to reapply the firmware, but there is an option that I need to select to enable the CD changer
2) there may be an option to reactivate it in the "green menu"
3) it will need VDCS to enable
4) I'll need to go to an Audi dealer

Any suggestions please?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, new to the forum!

I have upgraded the firmware to BNav_EU_K0260_1_D1 and the maps to 5.31.2 using the 3G_BASIC.PDF instructions and all went well, apart from...

I don't have an AMI unit, I have the 6 CD changer (which I use for MP3 CDs) but after the upgrades, the CD changer has disappeared from the SOURCES menu and the hardware is inactive (no lights, doesn't function).

I can think of four possibilities:

1) I need to reapply the firmware, but there is an option that I need to select to enable the CD changer
2) there may be an option to reactivate it in the "green menu"
3) it will need VDCS to enable
4) I'll need to go to an Audi dealer

Any suggestions please?
Ha! Problem solved. The CD changer doesn't seem to power up automatically. Pressing "LOAD" for a few seconds caused it to wake up - and after a short delay, it reappeared in the SOURCES menu.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi. I have a question for you. I have the following old software: BNAV_EU_0029_D1 Can I load the combined software BNAV_EU_0257_2_D1 at once or go through each one slowly. Second question. when downloading the software from topic https://www.a5oc.com/threads/mmi-3g-basic-navigation-5-31-2-and-firmware-updates-currently-2020-2021.113473/ I have 2 folders:
1: 4G0919884E
2: BNav_EU_K0260_1_D1_(A4-A5-Q5-Q7)
What is the first folder used for? after unpacking, there is an iso image. And third question, do you have any older software to download? I am interested in
BNav_EU_P0054_D1
BNav_EU_P0206_D1
BNav_EU_K0031_2_D1
BNav_EU_K0070_2_D1
BNav_EU_K0206_2_D1
BNav_EU_K_0256
BNav_EU_K_0257

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've read on other forums that there are sometimes cases of mmi being blocked due to switching from very old software to the latest. For this I thought I needed all the updates to be uploaded one by one. I then only need BNAV_EU_0257_2_D1. Where can I download it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello I would have liked to update my mmi system of my audi A4 (bnav_eu_0256_D1 soft version) and version (navidb 4G0919884M ECE 5.16.2) I would have liked to know which series I used. sorry I'm french and it's google trad that translates for me ;) Arnaud

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello sorry guys I've seen posted the latest updates for audi mmi. I've been looking online for a while now and struggling to find what I need. basically my sound system started playing up almost like a scratches cd and would turn down etc. I came across people saying the mmi may need to be updates (which I now want to do either way). I have come across people making mistakes with what they've installed and so have created more issues so I'm trying to find what exactly I need to download?
software version: BNav_EU_P0054_D1 Nav version: 5.12.4
audi a5 2011
thank you!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys,

I just buy an Audi A6 2010 with a MMI 3G Basic.

I follow the instruction and the update is working for my side but not the GPS map.

The initial version before update:
Version logiciel : BNav_EU_P0022_D1
Version Navi-DB : Empty

I did directly the K0260 update and it's working but when I'm trying to do the navigation update the MMI 3G bsic find the SD card but impossible to update the navigation.

Even after K0260 update the version navi-DB is empty.

Someone can help to fix this problem?

Thanks

1081 - 1100 of 1120 Posts