Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 1148 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Can you confirm that these are all the firmwares I need to go through to get to the latest from my current version. This table suggests I need K_0256 before K_0260 (and not K_0257 as it suggests thats for the High version)
Sorry for all the questions but getting a bit confused and dont want to brick my MMI :-( if I can avoid it !!

Attachments

· Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Hi
I have a 2011 A6 C6
Here is where i made a mistake :) I read Audi A6 2011 and then stopped ... assuming that it's C7. ... need a bigger :nerd:

Ok, so you have Basic navigation and this is the right topic for you.
Go with K0257 and then K0260 although i have never did it that way but i know that it is working.

Cheers.

· Registered
6 Posts
Successfully Updated

Thanks Congo
Will try it tomorrow (as I'm not in work) and hopefully have it all done within a few hours :)
Just wanted to say thanks again. Updated Firmware (just K0257 then K0260) and then maps and activation.

Cleared the errors as described using VCDS and Green Menu.

Took a while but was straightforward enough and now all seems to be working as it should be !!

Cheers !!:thumbsup:

· Registered
50 Posts
Hello there,

Just wanted to say thanks.

I updated the Firmware from K0257 to K0260 sometime earlier and put the hidden menu back with VCDS.

Today I did the West Europe map and the activation.

I cleared the errors as described using VCDS with the calculator and the Green Menu was still there.

The West Europe map is working but when I put the East Europe map in de card slot I can update again? Clicking on update it says it is already updated.

What do I have to do now for the East Europe map? Already found out! Just install it when you are in Eastern Europe.

Greetings :)

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I had a quick question-am savvy generally but new to this so here goes: is VCDS essential to perform the upgrades and clear errors? Are errors always expected as there is no connection to Audi SVM?

Basically, can I do the upgrades (firmware and map) and perhaps not expect errors? Also, if I do get errors, does anyone know if something simpler (+ cheaper) such as BW SuperScan VS450 VAG CAN OBDII Scantool Car Code Reader could also clear the errors? I'm just interested in upgrading my maps, not in tinkering with other settings down the line.

Hope this is clear, and hope someone can advise. Cheers

· Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

I had a quick question-am savvy generally but new to this so here goes: is VCDS essential to perform the upgrades and clear errors? Are errors always expected as there is no connection to Audi SVM?

Basically, can I do the upgrades (firmware and map) and perhaps not expect errors? Also, if I do get errors, does anyone know if something simpler (+ cheaper) such as BW SuperScan VS450 VAG CAN OBDII Scantool Car Code Reader could also clear the errors? I'm just interested in upgrading my maps, not in tinkering with other settings down the line.

Hope this is clear, and hope someone can advise. Cheers
I have the same question, as I'm about to proceed with upgrade and want to avoid any unpleasantness. Just in case I have purchase a really cheap OBD connector ( OBDeleven in Google ), which looks promising as advertised, just I don't know if it will be able to do same functions as VCDS. Does anyone have experience on something similar? And another question, how long does it takes to do 1 firmware upgrade and how long does it takes for maps? Thanks!!!

· Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

I have updated all firmware versions without an issue, now I'm battling with map updates. I have copied all unzipped files from CD1 to SD card. Inserted it to the slot, but nothing happened, waited couple of minutes, but still nothing. Then I got to the Update menu through Setup+Return, and clicked all the way to the point where it says Updates must not be interrupted. Unfortunately pressing Start does nothing, and you can then navigate to Abort button like nothing happened. Any thoughts? Thank you!

· Registered
8 Posts
So I found the problem, I just didn't take out my old NAV DVD from DVD drive. After updating maps ( East ) first, I noticed that you only get half of Europe with this. By the way maps were not blocked, I just have to keep my expensive SD card always in the slot :D Here I have 2 questions.

Is it possible to have maps without needing to keep SD card always inside the slot?

How do I get both maps working at the same time, because I'm planning a trip Germany-France-Italy-Germany and both Italy and France are in different maps. If I put both SD cards with maps in both slots will I get whole Europe map active?

I'm sorry for asking this much, but I've done this first time and if it is possible would like to set it up to my preference. Thank you!!!

· Registered
5 Posts
np that is the forum for ... asking questions :)

1. No ... the MAP should be in either SD slot or DVD.
2. I don't think so, you will need to exchange the SD cards.

KR
Niki
Hi Congo,

i am not able to extract these files below :
Audi MMI 3G Europe (West) 2016 DVD-2.7z.002
Audi MMI 3G Europe (West) 2016 DVD-2.7z.003

but Audi MMI 3G Europe (West) 2016 DVD-2.7z.001 file able to extract for the West maps,

also please let me know when do ihave to install activation file 1KB file

Thanks

21 - 40 of 1148 Posts