Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Confirmation?

Hi Congo,
I've just found this thread while searching for firmware updates for my A6 Avant C6, which has MMI 3G Basic (Low).
All the indications here suggest that the firmware files you have posted are the same for my system as for the A5 but before I go ahead and start the update process, could you please offer any reassurance that I am correct in this assumption?
My biggest fear is that I'll brick the MMI!
Thanks in advance.

This is my system:

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you Congo!

I have successfully completed the first update to K0023, which went very well.

However, I now need my friend to come back with his VAGCOM to re-enable the "Green Menu" as it seemed to disappear after the first update, so it seems as if I will need to re-enable it after each increment!

If I just remove the Bose element from the update files in the folder, would that work?

One other question: I noticed that the title for the K0260 firmware does not include A6 in the list (A4-A5-Q5-Q7). Does this mean this update is not applicable?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
In file metainfo2.txt in the root folder if you remove the line "MetafileChecksum=XXXXXX" and add
EnableUserDefinedSWDLMode = "true"
skipMetaCRC = "true"
the you will be able to use the user mode w/o the green menu.

I'm not sure about deleting the Bose/B&O specific files.

K0260 should be ok for A6 too - as i said it's hardware specific. There is no other version of K0260.
Thank you!

What about the metainfo2.txt within the "1" and "2" folders? There is a [common] section within those too.

What happens if the Component Protection is triggered? Can it be resolved with VAG COM?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Once again, thank you!

I have just completed updating all the different firmware versions and I'm happy to say it all went without issue.

I did notice that the Bose update option never once showed in the list of components to be updated. In fact, only a very small number of items actually were. Nevertheless it all seems to be working.

I'm just burning a DVD with the EU West map, so hopefully this will go just as smoothly.

Incidentally, may I make a suggestion for future updates? If you modify the metainfo2.txt file to enable the User Defined option, wouldn't that make life a whole lot easier for owners that don't have access to a VAGCOM to enable the (dangerous) Green Menu?

Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Congo,

Do you know if there is a new map update on the horizon?
The reason I ask this is that I have loaded in your 2016 map and a new road near me that was completed in 2015 still does not show on the Nav!

I'm just glad I didn't pay Audi the ridiculous price for the "official" update!

Thanks,

TT.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts