Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1021 - 1040 of 1095 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Got a set of SD cards to update my MMI 3G low to the latest maps and firmware. Firmware loaded fine, maps loaded fine, activator will not work. Got them from Satnavishop and he suggested an alternative method which also did not work. If I go into engineering mode and select update then SD2 it says "cannot be read" and if I select Nav then wait for Nav blocked then insert SD card it does not do anything either after waiting for 10 minutes. I suspect the SD card but is there anything else I can try?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have read this thread all the way from the first post including the instructions by Congo for the update process. I am stuck on activating the maps. If I use the engineering menu for activation do I have to remove the SD card I have downloaded the maps from before using the activator SD card as with both cards in place I just get "release info cannot be read" then a prompt to abort? Can anyone help please?

·
Registered
28 Posts
The activator must be the only SD card in the unit.
Is this when using the engineering menu where I get "release info cannot be read" or for when you wait for "Nav info blocked" then insert SD card. I also saw a post where someone had to empty their 6 x CD changer before it would work. Have to say I am confused.com at the moment.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Is this when using the engineering menu where I get "release info cannot be read" or for when you wait for "Nav info blocked" then insert SD card. I also saw a post where someone had to empty their 6 x CD changer before it would work. Have to say I am confused.com at the moment.
As I purchased the Firmware/maps/activator set I don't know which type of activator I have got.

·
Registered
28 Posts
hello team ... does anyone have any information about the new update for 3G BNav in 2022. ??
Hi Luke. Latest maps are 4G0060884AK and firmware needs to be K0260. I have just done mine with an SD card update set from the Satnavishop. I believe that you can make your own cards but I don't know how to do it that way and did not want to risk bricking the MMI. Only problem I had was activating the maps which was me not doing it the correct way. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Luke. Latest maps are 4G0060884AK and firmware needs to be K0260. I have just done mine with an SD card update set from the Satnavishop. I believe that you can make your own cards but I don't know how to do it that way and did not want to risk bricking the MMI. Only problem I had was activating the maps which was me not doing it the correct way. Hope this helps.
i know about 5.33.2 ..iam using it to, but that version is 2021/2022.... I wonder if there is any information on when the new update for 2022 will be released

·
Registered
28 Posts
i know about 5.33.2 ..iam using it to, but that version is 2021/2022.... I wonder if there is any information on when the new update for 2022 will be released
As far as I know the new versions come out around December. I think the AK maps came out in Dec 21 and were called 21/22 maps. I guess they will never be right up to date like Google maps because of the time it takes to do them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
As far as I know the new versions come out around December. I think the AK maps came out in Dec 21 and were called 21/22 maps. I guess they will never be right up to date like Google maps because of the time it takes to do them.
I think that the 21/22 update came out sometime in the summer, more precisely I think it was August or September, because I have had the 2021/22 update in use in my car for a long time.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think that the 21/22 update came out sometime in the summer, more precisely I think it was August or September, because I have had the 2021/22 update in use in my car for a long time.
You could be right there but the latest I have seen for sale are the AK ones. People on Ebay still selling the AH version and claiming them to be the latest but there has been the AJ and now the AK since. I was running 2017/2018 maps which my local Audi garage did for me and cost around £250 just for the maps. God knows what they would have wanted for the AK's which needed the firmware taking from P0022 to K0260 as well as the map update. The £55-99p I spent pales into insignificance in comparison.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You could be right there but the latest I have seen for sale are the AK ones. People on Ebay still selling the AH version and claiming them to be the latest but there has been the AJ and now the AK since. I was running 2017/2018 maps which my local Audi garage did for me and cost around £250 just for the maps. God knows what they would have wanted for the AK's which needed the firmware taking from P0022 to K0260 as well as the map update. The £55-99p I spent pales into insignificance in comparison.
I read on the internet that there is a version 4G0 060 884 AL or 5.34 2022 edition .... but it is nowhere to be found

1021 - 1040 of 1095 Posts