Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
961 - 980 of 1005 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello!
Can you please help me one more time, because I'm reading on forums how to update navigation for 3 days, and I still don't understand the correct procedure. I have BNav_EU_P0206_D1 and the database 4G0919884K ECE 5.13.8 and all of the content of navigation is on a SD card in slot 2 (when take out the SD card then I have no navigation and I get the message to put in a media).
So for one more time can you explaind the exact steps what i should do in my case, bacause everybody is talking about the first page and the activator, but you only have 2 steps and also an activator in your mega download folder?
I bought the car about 3 weeks ago and I the the previous owner did not ever upgrade the maps. All I know is that the car has no HDD, and that's another thing that confuses me about where do you install the map what you download?

Everything on the car is worling fine, no falut codes (via VCDS), so I don't want to mess up the whole unit.
Thnak you in advance.
Hi, you habe same BNav... as me and I update maps by this steps
1. download maps and activator from this link
2. format your SD card (32GB) to Fat32
3. you must choose West or East maps. NOT POSSIBLE BOTH.
3. now prepare your SD card but DO NOT USE MAC PC!!! unzip maps directly on SD card. NO SUBFOLDER!!! All files and folders from downloaded zip DIRECTLY ON ROOT SD CARD
4. do not copy activator on same SD card as maps. You have to copy activator to another SD card! And again, directly on ROOT SD! No subfolder!
5. go to your car and remove all SD cards or DVD and insert key to first position. wait ca 20 sec.
6. insert your SD card with maps to slot 2 and wait until show you message about new map version.
7. do update procedure (MMI will be automatic restart and update maps)
8. when installation finish, go to navi and wait until show you message about blocked maps contents.
9. do not remove SD card from slot 2 and insert SD card with activator to slot 1
10. wait until show you message about activator and press main button (Enter button or ok button)
11. After installation complete (very fast) I think again press ok button. DO NOT REMOVE SD CARDS! and wait for automatic reboot.
12. After reboot is comolete, remove SD card from slot 1 and go to navi. now if everithing is right, message about blocking maps is not show again and you can use your new maps

·
Registered
5 Posts
2. formam your SD card (32GB) to Fat32
3. unzip maps directly on SD card. NO SUBFOLDER!!! All files and folders from download zip DIRECT ON ROOT SD CARD
4. do not copy activator on same SD card as maps. You have to copy activator to another SD card! And again, direct on ROOT SD! No subfolder!
5. go to your car and remove all SD cards or DVD and insert key to firts position. wait ca 20 sec.
6. insert your SD card with maps to slot 2 and wait until show you message about new map version.
8. when installation finish, go to navi and wait until show you message about blocked maps contents.
9. do not remove SD card from slot 2 and insert SD card with activator to slot 1
10. wait until show you message about activator and press main button (Enter button or ok button)
11. After installation complete (very fast) I think again press ok button. DO NOT REMOVE SD CARDS! and wait for automatic reboot.
12. After reboot is comolete, remove SD card from slot 1 and go to navi. now if everithing is right, message about blocking maps is not show again and you can use your new maps
Well I thank you for big.....I'm just going to do the steps and hope it goes so well as you described.

I let you a feedback when I'm over.

·
Registered
5 Posts
2. formam your SD card (32GB) to Fat32
3. unzip maps directly on SD card. NO SUBFOLDER!!! All files and folders from download zip DIRECT ON ROOT SD CARD
4. do not copy activator on same SD card as maps. You have to copy activator to another SD card! And again, direct on ROOT SD! No subfolder!
5. go to your car and remove all SD cards or DVD and insert key to firts position. wait ca 20 sec.
There is just one little, maybe stubid, question: you have map west and map east and I know I have to extract them on the first SD, but what is with the file BNav_EU_K0260_1_D1? Do I have to extract it with the maps on the same SD card and on which folder level? I mean, when I first extract the let's say West EU on the root SD card, then after that I extract that folder BNav_EU_.... also on the root SD card?
Acitvator goes on the second SD card, that's ok.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well I thank you for big.....I'm just going to do the steps and hope it goes so well as you described.

I let you a feedback when I'm over.
I wish you a successful update. Keep in mind that everything you do you do at your own risk (your SD card, your fingers on the buttons ...). And one more note on the procedure. Do not copy files to SD card on Mac! (Mac creates many hidden files that break the MMI.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wish you a successful update. Keep in mind that everything you do you do at your own risk (your SD card, your fingers on the buttons ...). And one more note on the procedure. Do not copy files to SD card on Mac! (Mac creates many hidden files that break the MMI.
I still don't understand can I update the way you wrote, because my car doesn't have any HDD ( I found that in the hidden menu). When I start to upgrade, where is it going to be stored? Another confusin is also that the previous owner has a SD card with the maps and when I take out the maps, I get the message that there is no media.
I'm afraid to damage the MMI and then I cannot go back or is there any way to back up the present MMI?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I still don't understand can I update the way you wrote, because my car doesn't have any HDD ( I found that in the hidden menu). When I start to upgrade, where is it going to be stored? Another confusin is also that the previous owner has a SD card with the maps and when I take out the maps, I get the message that there is no media.
I'm afraid to damage the MMI and then I cannot go back or is there any way to back up the present MMI?
Your MMI have a little memory but this memory is for MMI system not for copying maps data. The update procedure will only store a little files to MMI whych telling the system there is new version maps and the rest of maps files must be stored in SD card. You must keep the SD card with maps data still inserted in slot 2 at all times during use. This is reason why you get message no media when you také out sd card. Only SD card inserted in slot 1 during installation activator have to be také out after finish installation.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok i did it. Everything seems ok so far, navi working, i followed ur steps K4BlOs, thanks a lot :)

Before navi update (EU East), i had to update my firmware to K0260 from K0206

Thanks to OP too, congo u are the best man :)

Car Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle Satellite radio

·
Registered
11 Posts
There is just one little, maybe stubid, question: you have map west and map east and I know I have to extract them on the first SD, but what is with the file BNav_EU_K0260_1_D1? Do I have to extract it with the maps on the same SD card and on which folder level? I mean, when I first extract the let's say West EU on the root SD card, then after that I extract that folder BNav_EU_.... also on the root SD card?
Acitvator goes on the second SD card, that's ok.
I'm sorry, I missed this post... file BNav... is for firmware update. So if you need update your firmware, you must follow instructions in pdf file on firts page.Or you can try to ask @Starfury he updated firmware before update maps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm sorry, I missed this post... file BNav... is for firmware update. So if you need update your firmware, you must follow instructions in pdf file on firts page.Or you can try to ask @Starfury he updated firmware before update maps.
No problem, you helped much anyway and I thank you.
I've contacted @Starfury and he explained to me additional steps I didn't understand well, so I'm clear now and heading for the upadte.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for your link, finally I update my map content :) The problem was in my rar archiver. I reinstal 7zip and now all working like charm (ofcourse link from first page at this topic too) Thank you and I go planing my route :D
Did you update with P260 firmware?
Or did you switch to K260?

·
Registered
5 Posts
OK, few questions
1. your firmware is ...P0206.. did you try update to P0260?
2. did you prepare SD card with maps on Mac pc?
3. are you downloaded maps from my speps here?
4. did you follow my EACH steps?
OK, few questions
1. your firmware is ...P0206.. did you try update to P0260?
2. did you prepare SD card with maps on Mac pc?
3. are you downloaded maps from my speps here?
4. did you follow my EACH steps?
i prepare sd with pc windows no i don't try update to p0260 where i found this firmware

961 - 980 of 1005 Posts