Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

661 - 680 of 684 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
No, you dont have to downgrade from 2018. First make sure that you're on K0260 and you must know which Activator is used FSC or Script. If FSC activator is installed then I recommend to remove it with FSC removal script (extract it to sd card root, put ignition on, insert sd card to slot 1). Dont worry about images in script they are in 800x480 resolution so they will override your mmi screen resolution. After you removed FSC Activator insert sd card with 2019 maps turn on Map view and wait for message about blocked maps for 2 minutes approx. Then insert sd card with Audi_3gb_fix-K0260 script Activator and follow the instructions on mmi screen. After script is applied reboot mmi and you are good to go. If you want to use second 2019 map you have to install 2017 map first (east or West) and then install 2019 you want. When reversing back to primary 2019 map the procedure is always the same 2019>2017>2019

Here is link for 2017 east map
Wait so, I updated my MMI 3G firmware to the latest one I have found in this link - okay
I took maps which I have found there from 2019 - okay
Navi now says it's blocked - okay

And you are saying now if I take activator you provided I just wait till it tells me that navi is blocked, insert SD card into slot 2 it will tell me that some script will be applied I will follow instructions, it will just do something weird with the screen, then just reboot MMI and should be okay right?

Thx.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys,
i have the following software version - k0070_2_D1:
E75D14E3-E14F-4291-909F-FB4D37EEB50C.jpeg
Is it possible to directly update to k0260, since i could not find older firmware versions uploaded (as it was stated in the users manual that you should go through all the previous firmware updates untill you reach 0260)?
Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
4 Posts
So, everything went good, successfully updated the firmware, after that uploaded the maps and activated them, all working good. Thanks for all the good comments and info that you've given in this thread, appreciated.
But there's something else that bothers me, the GPS is losing connection to the satellites and is not working properly. It works like a charm for like 5 mins, after that it stops, like the car is not moving, starts trying to connect to satellites. Sometimes after several minutes it reconnects works for a bit and stops again.
Somebody told me that the GPS could be updated?
Any of you that had such a problem or any ideas what this could be causing this? (btw the car is a6 4s 2010, if it matters)

·
Registered
406 Posts
Your GPS antenna is faulty. You have to install new roof antenna or just get GPS indoor antenna with blue FAKRA connector and install it somewhere in A pillar.

·
Registered
2 Posts
First, thanks to everyone for all your help.
I have a problem with changing the NAV language from German to English.
Downloaded the language cd but i get the message "Could not load the spoken cues"
If anyone has some time and will to help, i would be very grateful.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,

Before I started the procedure I had BNav_EU_K0260_2_D1 (I updated it a few years before when I also installed the current maps for that year, I think it was 2016). I updated the maps with the 2019 ones and it worked for a few minutes after which it said that the maps were blocked. I guess I need to activate them but I can't find the activator. Can anyone please help me, now I do not have navigation at all.

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, thanks for the upgrade. I made a mistake.. i updated the bose files while i am having a b&o in my car the result is when i go on media and play from my phone the bass is not existing, is there any way to upload the old version and reinstall the right way?

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have the version BNAV_EU_P0019_D1
can i go straight to K0260 ? i could not find a download link for this version BNav_EU_K0257_2_D1

·
Registered
4 Posts
Your GPS antenna is faulty. You have to install new roof antenna or just get GPS indoor antenna with blue FAKRA connector and install it somewhere in A pillar.
hi again, so I replaced the antenna as you said, mounted it in on of the pillars, but nothing changed, it finds enough GPS satellites (seems like the antenna is working good), but still after start it works for several minutes without problems, and after that the location cursor freezes like I'm not moving. If i restart the multimedia, it starts working for several minutes and freezes again. Could this be something from the multimedia, or could it be something software related, I can't seem to find any other solution, you guys might have any idea? Thank you in advance.

661 - 680 of 684 Posts