Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1401 - 1414 of 1414 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Hello guys,

I have an Audi A4 2010 with MMI 3G High. I updated maps with the 2021 link and it went perfectly. I had a little trouble with the activator but after I found here a modified one
MMI3GH_ACT_working.zip it worked like a charm. Everything is up and running. I deleted old maps and partition. I have bang&olufsen sound system and dont have any issues after the update.

Thank you again guys for your help.

· Registered
2 Posts
If you have a 2013 A8 with K0942 MMI and 2018 maps, you've obviously already updated them both from the version that came with your car.
I updated my A8 from K0942 to K1001 recently and didn't see any difference; it's probably not worth doing it.
And do you really need a map update? If the roads you use haven't changed, it may not be worth the effort.
However, if you decide to go ahead anyway, use the latest 6.35.1 download as descrbed by @alex-07 ...
J
Thanks i live next to the new mersey gateway bridge so a lot of the roads have changed. hopefully this should sort it out

· Registered
3 Posts
Hello, can be the same SD card data used to update 3GP as well as 3GH unit? asking because I downloaded 3 files one called MMI3G second HN+ and third HNAV but contain is verry similar for example metainfo etc are identical. thanks for clarification

· Registered
A8 2015
153 Posts
Hello, can be the same SD card data used to update 3GP as well as 3GH unit? asking because I downloaded 3 files one called MMI3G second HN+ and third HNAV but contain is verry similar for example metainfo etc are identical. thanks for clarification
It’s not clear if you’re talking MMI or Nav data. MMI updates need separate SD cards; map files are for both systems (the meta files work out what system you’re updating) but you need an SD card bigger than 32GB - formatted as FAT32 - as the latest map files take up over 32GB.

· Registered
7 Posts
It’s not clear if you’re talking MMI or Nav data. MMI updates need separate SD cards; map files are for both systems (the meta files work out what system you’re updating) but you need an SD card bigger than 32GB - formatted as FAT32 - as the latest map files take up over 32GB.
Same card can be used but need to delete or format data after first installing MMI update, then copy nav data and start the process of updating again, same sd card can be used again after deleting or formatting for activation. That's my experience. Just takes more time this way.

1401 - 1414 of 1414 Posts