Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1061 - 1080 of 1115 Posts

·
Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
499 Posts
I haven't been able to tease out when and how file acios.db gets updated following a navigation database update. System process vdev-logvolmgr seems to be involved, but to do what, exactly, is not clear to me, particularly with regard to the so-called "activation" process.

Could it be that applying the "activator" script too soon following a successful nav database update can cause the acios.db file update (to the new database filenames) to fail ? My advice to people new to this process is to always wait until the MMI system displays the "nav data is blocked" message before applying the (correct) "activator" script.

In any case, thanks to @TenCC for offering some more QNX/Unix shell scripting service to the community. --g

·
Registered
8 Posts
You should be able to restore the previous state by "updating" the software to HN+_US_AU3G_K0942_6 and changing the region settings in the Green Engineering Menu back to NAR. You can find HN+_US_AU3G_K0942_6 HERE. You might need to do this as a "user defined" software update (from the Green Engineering Menu). --g
these are the configurations of the green menu before I updated the firmware. do you know if there is something wrong?. the issue is that I can't find the update button because it doesn't appear.
Output device Rectangle Computer monitor Font Computer

Computer Television Font Gadget Rectangle

Computer Personal computer Display device Technology Font

Computer Gadget Font Display device Electronic device
Output device Gadget Gas Automotive design Computer monitor accessory

·
Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
499 Posts
@missoervin : These GEM screens should be set "internal region code" back to "[North America] 4/7" and nav database to "[North America] 4/18", and restart. If that doesn't bring back control label text for you, someone with more experience will need to offer a solution to this. --g

·
Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
499 Posts
... do you have googleearth enabled and active? I know it is in another thread, but i, am curious and searching for a fix for the older navs
It's been working fine in our '14 A4 with the original GEMMI client since last fall (and now that we don't have 3G data anymore, with the external LTE router I installed back in April). I have a couple posts here about GE and our older 3G+ systems:
and
MMI 3G+/3GP Mobile Data Connectivity Options Post 3G... --g

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone , I got Audi Q5 and currently my software version is HNav_EU_P0022_D1 ,Which firmware should I chose there is 4 options ,
Audi A4-A5-Q5-Q7
HN+_EU_AU3G_K_0900 - Stock firmware
HN+_EU_AU3G_K_0942 - Stock firmware
HN+_EU_AU3G_K_0900 Modified firmware - User Defined Mode / No Sound systems
HN+_EU_AU3G_K_0942 Modified firmware - User Defined Mode / No Sound systems
please help me and one more question should i update maps first or Firmware?
thanks in advance

·
Registered
A8 2015
133 Posts
@Ranjodh, you're in the wrong thread for your car's firmware updates. This forum's firmware is for 3GPlus systems and you have a 3GHigh system. For firmware updates you need this forum

You upgrade the firmware first and then the maps, which you can get from this thread.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, I just downloaded maps from link:

Maps & activator:

Europe
6.34.1 2022 MMI 3G High/Plus Europe [Link on Mega (use 7z/7zip to open the files)] Password: 8R0051884JN

There is an activator included when I unpacked the files, but there is another link to an activator on the first page of this thread as well:

Activator [Link on cloud.mail.ru || Link on Mega]

I have already installed firmware HN+R_EU_AU_K0942 Modified firmware - User Defined Mode / No Sound systems

I am just confused which activator to use
I do not want to brick MMI or something
Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
A8 2015
133 Posts
@masa77, you're right to be confused. There are two different activators; one for 3G High systems and one for 3G Plus systems. Each type has several versions which attempt to do the same thing.

Since you have a 3G Plus system as you've mentioned the HN+ update, I would suggest you use the activator that came with the maps, since you can look at the source file run.sh with Notepad.

Just wait at least 5 minutes after the MMI reboots following the map update [which takes about 90 mins] before inserting the SD with the activator. The MMI screen should say 'Navigation blocked' before you run the activator SD.

·
Registered
13 Posts
@masa77, you're right to be confused. There are two different activators; one for 3G High systems and one for 3G Plus systems. Each type has several versions which attempt to do the same thing.

Since you have a 3G Plus system as you've mentioned the HN+ update, I would suggest you use the activator that came with the maps, since you can look at the source file run.sh with Notepad.

Just wait at least 5 minutes after the MMI reboots following the map update [which takes about 90 mins] before inserting the SD with the activator. The MMI screen should say 'Navigation blocked' before you run the activator SD.
Maybe is this the most important step "Just wait at least 5 minutes after the MMI reboots following the map update [which takes about 90 mins] before inserting the SD with the activator. The MMI screen should say 'Navigation blocked' before you run the activator SD. "

Maybe this information is worth to mention in the manual how to install the maps in post nr 1

Maybe is the runtime in the activator "waitfor /mnt/lvm/acios_db.ini 180" to short and does 180 (sec or ticks) to be updated to 240 sec or even 300 seconds. Its worth to investigate.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I haven't been able to tease out when and how file acios.db gets updated following a navigation database update. System process vdev-logvolmgr seems to be involved, but to do what, exactly, is not clear to me, particularly with regard to the so-called "activation" process.

Could it be that applying the "activator" script too soon following a successful nav database update can cause the acios.db file update (to the new database filenames) to fail ? My advice to people new to this process is to always wait until the MMI system displays the "nav data is blocked" message before applying the (correct) "activator" script.

In any case, thanks to @TenCC for offering some more QNX/Unix shell scripting service to the community. --g
Maybe is the runtime in the activator "waitfor /mnt/lvm/acios_db.ini 180" to short and does 180 (sec or ticks) to be updated to 240 sec or even 300 seconds. Its worth to investigate.

·
Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
499 Posts
The correct procedure for so-called navigation data "activation" on our older 3G High/Plus systems is to wait for the "navigation is blocked" message to appear, then insert the "activation" SD card into slot 1 and wait for the system to restart itself. I believe the original 3G+ "activation" script comes from H-B, though some people disagree. In any case, we know the script in mme-becker.sh is correct (since "activation" works as intended) when applied correctly.

What you're proposing is a change to the "activation" script itself, which shouldn't be allowed to continue until some known condition exists (in this case, the navigation data being blocked), but how would the script know that ? I think we would need to examine both 3G High and Plus systems that are in the "blocked" state to determine what that condition might be. Until then, end-users who are only following instructions they find on the internet (sometimes incorrectly) are on their own mostly. --g

·
Registered
8 Posts
You should be able to restore the previous state by "updating" the software to HN+_US_AU3G_K0942_6 and changing the region settings in the Green Engineering Menu back to NAR. You can find HN+_US_AU3G_K0942_6 HERE. You might need to do this as a "user defined" software update (from the Green Engineering Menu). --g
I tried this firmware but it doesn't install and I can't read what the message says. what I think is 'no update device found' because it looks like it only gives me an option 'back' please anyone help me to go back or something. thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts

Thank you very much for your response, another question I have is if would you recommend to delete old nav database and partition before updating maps? My map database is from 2013, year of the car build

·
Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
499 Posts
Thank you very much for your response, another question I have is if would you recommend to delete old nav database and partition before updating maps? My map database is from 2013, year of the car build
I do not recommended that anyone delete the old nav database and partition before updating with the SAME region on MMI 3G High or Plus systems under normal conditions. --g

·
Registered
7 Posts
I do not recommended that anyone delete the old nav database and partition before updating with the SAME region on MMI 3G High or Plus systems under normal conditions. --g
Done update today, I took about 90 minutes, used activator which came with the maps, so far works good. Another maybe stupid quiestion: activation is done once I suppose and then you will need to remove sd card with activator form sd card slot?

1061 - 1080 of 1115 Posts