Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1041 - 1060 of 1115 Posts

·
Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
499 Posts
@Piotr Sowa : First, better if you post in English, you're likely to get better response.

Second: Your NAR '13 Allroad has an early MMI 3G+ system. If you want EU navigation data/maps and PL language, you're going to need to do a NAR to EU region change. You may find it easier to swap out this old MMI main unit for an EU version and pay Audi to remove component protection. --g

·
Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
499 Posts
Thanks for your response. Please find the text file here:
Some observations: (1) mm-becker process appears to be OK; (2) no acios_db.ini file in /mnt/efs-persist/navi/db -- this file is created automatically from the new database configuration; (3) no FSC file(s) in /mnt/efs-persist/FSC, likely removed by using the wrong "activator" SD script; (4) FSC file 0004000B.fsc in /mnt/efs-extended/backup/FSCBackup should be copied back into /mnt/efs-persist/FSC with an appropriate SD card script. --g

·
Registered
15 Posts
Some observations: (1) mm-becker process appears to be OK; (2) no acios_db.ini file in /mnt/efs-persist/navi/db -- this file is created automatically from the new database configuration; (3) no FSC file(s) in /mnt/efs-persist/FSC, likely removed by using the wrong "activator" SD script; (4) FSC file 0004000B.fsc in /mnt/efs-extended/backup/FSCBackup should be copied back into /mnt/efs-persist/FSC with an appropriate SD card script. --g
Thanks for taking time to read the file. Sorry but I have no idea how to fix number 2. I have tried the script from here but no luck.

Update; I have successfully copied back FSC file. I have reinstalled map completely but acios file is still missing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi @TenCC,@congo,@DrGER ,tried to do as TenCC in post # 955 he also got the problem Acios_db is missing after updating the map to 6.34.1 audi mmi3gp. Got some help from a friend so I got a script added and renamed the files as you mentioned,but after this I lost access to MEDIA, when I press the MEDIA button I get a message in the MMI display that initializing. Please wait ... and nothing happens ... and when I press the NAVI button it says the Navigation data is inavalid...is there anyone who can help me further so I can make it work please(in post # 992 I have a log before the files were renamed, I add the files that have been added as well as Test 1 ,Test 2,Test 3 and Test 4(log) as the last log after all scripts have been entered after renaming files.

According to your test4 your mmelauncher.cfg disappeared:

"Can't open source file. (/mnt/efs-system/etc/mmelauncher.cfg)"

the manipulated mmelauncher.cfg contains the rule:

mme_exe = /sbin/mme-becker.sh

the original mmelauncher.cfg the same rule but linking to the original mme-becker file (without the .sh)

mme_exe = /sbin/mme-becker

it also contains information for the MMI where some databases are located:

# path to MME databases
mme_media_link = /mediadatabase
mme_media_real = /mnt/mediadisk

In your case try to copy the original mmelauncher.cfg containing the rule "mme_exe = /sbin/mme-becker" to
to the MMI directory /mnt/efs-system/etc/

Your first logfile in test1 shows that the script contains an error:

part of the script in run.sh of test1

# SOP; Replace mme-becker.cfg with original mme-becker.pre-navdb.bak ==>this was good to do
mount -uw /mnt/efs-system
cd /mnt/efs-system/etc/
mv -v mmelauncher.cfg mmelauncher.cfg.tmp ==>this was good to do
mv -v mmelauncher.cfg.pre-navdb.bak mmelauncher.cfg.tmp==> i think here the script went wrong, the mmelauncher.cfg.pre-navdb.bak file had to move to the file mmelauncher.cfg
rm -v mmelauncher.cfg.tmp==>both files in the previous steps are moved to the same file mmelauncher.cfg.tmp and now with the command "rm" the file is removed from the system.
cd /mnt/efs-system/bin
rm -v mme-becker.sh==>log file shows the file could not be removed "mme-becker.sh: No such file or directory"

so the script contains an error, the mmelauncher.cfg is gone now.

My mmelauncher.cfg without the entry to use mme-becker.sh instead of mme-becker file

the file on the MMI disk "mme-becker.sh" means previous activated

====under this line starts the tekst of the file "mmelauncher.cfg" with the entry to the original mme-becker file.

# Audi MMI3G Configuration file for mmelauncher
#
# File format:
# - Comment : # at line start
# - Config entry: key [ws] = [ws] value
# empty line will be ignored
# all values have default values
# commented lines with default values increases parsing speed

# -----------------------------------
# path to executables / devices
# - the nohdd paths will be used if check_hdd_availability is disabled!

mme_exe = /sbin/mme-becker
mme_hdd_params = -c /etc/mme.conf -o singledb
mme_nohdd_params = -c /etc/mme.conf -o singledb

# -o Configure misc options (unblock,thread,tempstore,bkcopy,rwbias,trace,profile)
# tempstore = QDB temporary storage = /fs/tmpfs

qdb_exe = /usr/sbin/qdb
qdb_hdd_params = -v -c /etc/qdb.cfg -O unblock=0,thread=35 -O tempstore=/fs/tmpfs -X /mnt/efs-system/scripts/delete-image-cache.sh
qdb_nohdd_params = -v -c /etc/qdb-noHDD.cfg -O unblock=0,thread=35 -O tempstore=/fs/tmpfs -X /mnt/efs-system/scripts/delete-image-cache.sh
qdb_device = /dev/qdb

qdbc_exe = /usr/bin/qdbc

dinit_medstore_exe = mkqnx6fs
dinit_medstore_params = -q
dinit_db1_exe = mkqnx6fs
dinit_db1_params = -q
dinit_db2_exe = mkqnx6fs
dinit_db2_params = -q

script_path = /scripts

hddmgr_device = /dev/hddmgr

# path to MME databases

mme_db = /fs/tmpfs
mme_db_main = mme
mme_db_watchfile = .mme
mme_db1 = /mnt/mmebackup1/backup1
mme_db1_dev = /dev/hd0t187.1
mme_coverart_dev = /dev/hd0t187.4
mme_coverart_real = /mnt/pv-cache
mme_media_link = /mediadatabase
mme_media_real = /mnt/mediadisk
mme_media_dev = /dev/hd0t78
qdb_db_on_hdd = 1

# options modifying the dynamic program behaviour

# possible values: 0, 1 = do integrity checks
check_db_integrity = 0

# possible values: 0, 1 = check version of custom DB
check_custom_version = 1

# possible values:
# 0 = start without HDD checking
# 1 = wait for hdd mount to continue (info from HDD Manager)
# if HDD will not be available, MME will be started in noHDD mode
check_hdd_availability = 1

# possible values: update, recover
on_db_version_mismatch = update

# possible values: remove, format
db_recovery_method = format

# should mediadisk be re-mounted before and after db recovery/removal
remount_mediadisk = 1

# database name where the custom tables can be found (they are now for single DB in mme not in mme_custom anymore)
mme_db_custom = mme

# custom tables version can be found in this table, the field must be called version and must contain a number
custom_version_table_name = custom_info

# this is the expected version of the custom tables (if you do a change related to the custom tables be sure to
# increment this number, otherwise if someone is upgrade his target but we might try to use the persistet database that
# might now contain your changes, thus your changes might not work until reset to factory settings
db_custom_version = 5

# timeout to wait for HDD in seconds
hdd_timeout = 20

# eof

==== above these lines contains the text of the file "mmelauncher.cfg"

to restore the missing file "mmelauncher.cfg" copy the file to an sd card containing the modified script to copy the mentioned file to the MMI directory /mnt/efs-system/etc/

If previous steps are fulfilled, then try to reinstall the maps.

and then use the activator, or modify the mmelauncher.cfg (containing now the entry "mme_exe = /sbin/mme-becker.sh ") and copy this file again to the MMI directory /mnt/efs-system/etc/

maybe a part of the script can contain (when the mmelauncher.cfg file is placed in the directory VAR on the SD-card) the following entry:

cp -v ${SDVAR}/mmelauncher.cfg /mnt/efs-system/etc/mmelauncher.cfg

try below modified script to fix the missing files ( i did not tested it)

this script contains in the directory VAR the files mmelauncher.cfg and mme-becker.pre-navdb.bak. Both files are copied from the SDcard VAR directory to the MMI directory /mnt/efs-system/etc/

wait for the script to finish

and perform a reboot of the MMI.

check if your media is back, if yes the script fixed it, and try to reinstall the maps, after that activate your maps.

@DrGER with your expertise, can you check the modified script?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for taking time to read the file. Sorry but I have no idea how to fix number 2. I have tried the script from here but no luck.

Update; I have successfully copied back FSC file. I have reinstalled map completely but acios file is still missing.

Your log file shows

Rectangle Font Circle Magenta Pattern

meaning previously activated, in my case preventing starting a process in the MMI. after replacing the mmelauncher.cfg by the original tekst and reboot of the MMI3GP i succeeded to succesfully install the maps.

you can try the link to the modified script in my answer to post 1030

·
Registered
15 Posts
Your log file shows

View attachment 183837

meaning previously activated, in my case preventing starting a process in the MMI. after replacing the mmelauncher.cfg by the original tekst and reboot of the MMI3GP i succeeded to succesfully install the maps.

you can try the link to the modified script in my answer to post 1030
I have replaced the original mmelauncher and reinstalled the map. But still acios file is missing.

·
Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
499 Posts
Here is the link to the latest log file and relevant files:
Cheers.
Some observations on your latest log file dated 29 Jul 2022:

Script run-time seems early in MMI start process (only 2 minutes 44 seconds after power-on).

Process mme-becker called by mmelauncher process directly (not from mme-becker.sh script).

Process vdev-logvolmgr still running (but no acios_db file created yet).

FSC file appears correct in /mnt/efs-persist/FSC.

Running the SD info/log script early is useful for capturing the status of the MMI system as it is starting. It's not a good indication of its standard operating state.

What is the current status of the nav database? Is it reported by [MENU] > MMI Setup > Software version information ? If the version is reported here after all other systems are started, what happens when you try to start Navigation ?

At this point, you want to examine the system state/status after all functions are started fully and navigation hangs while initializing. --g

·
Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
499 Posts
@missoervin : You need to change the region settings of the MMI main unit before trying to update software and nav data. But if you expect to use any EU languages, the internal EEPROM needs to be updated, too, which is a non-trivial task. You may find it easier to swap out the main unit with an equivalent EU version and pay the dealer to remove component protection. --g

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here is the link to the latest log file and relevant files:
Cheers.
you can try the modified script v2 in my folder, this folder contains also an script to copy an acios.db.ini file containing the info for 6.34.1 maps to the MMI. I had no luck with that action.
it is important to reboot the MMI before other actions are performed. Otherwise processes in the MMI stay killed or are not running properly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
@missoervin : You need to change the region settings of the MMI main unit before trying to update software and nav data. But if you expect to use any EU languages, the internal EEPROM needs to be updated, too, which is a non-trivial task. You may find it easier to swap out the main unit with an equivalent EU version and pay the dealer to remove component protection. --g
Thnx for the response.
I changed the region in the green panel but I think I put the wrong firmware. I have currently cast HN+EU_AU3G_K942 and I get the incomplete menu. Sorry for my english.
Vehicle Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
Vehicle Motor vehicle Personal luxury car Trunk Automotive design

·
Registered
15 Posts
you can try the modified script v2 in my folder, this folder contains also an script to copy an acios.db.ini file containing the info for 6.34.1 maps to the MMI. I had no luck with that action.
it is important to reboot the MMI before other actions are performed. Otherwise processes in the MMI stay killed or are not running properly.
Can you share your folder please?

·
Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
499 Posts
@missoervin : The NAR version of the MMI main unit (in the center instrument panel) is not configured to display EU languages (including UK English). This has been discussed many times on this and other forum threads. As I noted above, the NAR EEPROM needs to be reconfigured, or you need to replace with an EU main unit. I don't know if you can get the NAR main unit to display UK English without updating the EEPROM (which needs specialized equipment). --g

·
Registered
8 Posts
@missoervin : The NAR version of the MMI main unit (in the center instrument panel) is not configured to display EU languages (including UK English). This has been discussed many times on this and other forum threads. As I noted above, the NAR EEPROM needs to be reconfigured, or you need to replace with an EU main unit. I don't know if you can get the NAR main unit to display UK English without updating the EEPROM (which needs specialized equipment). --g
can I return it to the previous state in the US version at least?

·
Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
499 Posts
can I return it to the previous state in the US version at least?
You should be able to restore the previous state by "updating" the software to HN+_US_AU3G_K0942_6 and changing the region settings in the Green Engineering Menu back to NAR. You can find HN+_US_AU3G_K0942_6 HERE. You might need to do this as a "user defined" software update (from the Green Engineering Menu). --g

1041 - 1060 of 1115 Posts