Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
981 - 999 of 999 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks. Looking at the files. Can I simply update straight to K0942 modified with green menu, user defined and no sound? I have Bose. I have 3G+ EU AU P0783 currently. Does this mean I do not need a trip to the dealer to activate the hidden menus?

·
Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
435 Posts
Thanks. Looking at the files. Can I simply update straight to K0942 modified with green menu, user defined and no sound? I have Bose. I have 3G+ EU AU P0783 currently. Does this mean I do not need a trip to the dealer to activate the hidden menus?
Yes, you can update directly to K0942 with the modified package. BTW, Green Engineering Menu activation is simply an adaptation made with your favorite VAG-aware diagnostic tool (VCDS, OBDeleven, Carista, VAG410, etc.). No need to have a dealer do this. --g

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks but I don't have a diagnostic tool.

When I update the MMI to modified K0942 do I need to select which options / features the car has, or do I simply upload the whole thing?

·
Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
435 Posts
Thanks but I don't have a diagnostic tool.

When I update the MMI to modified K0942 do I need to select which options / features the car has, or do I simply upload the whole thing?
That's the point of the modified package -- it includes the bits that enable the Green Engineering Menu. This can be done independently with the SD card script noted in the first post, too. You should at least review some of the docs the describe the software update process in the Red Engineering Menu to know what to expect. In general, though, the software updater only (1) selects installed devices and (2) updates out-of-version packages. --g

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ok, try reinstall of the last 4 items - PKG,SIG,DBinfo and config.

If not then aciosdb.ini can be copied from other unit but its the first time i see that on EU unit.
Normally this happens when setting in gem -> nav -> DatabaseUpdate "active HDD Nav DB" and "internal region code" are set to something other than EU. Check that too.
Is the unit converted ? Or it was activated before using different activator maybe ?

Regards.
Hi,
Just tried to reinstall the four items from Red menu. Same error on Navi start up.
Log from GEM. aciosdb is missing according to the log.

How can I get a copy of the acios file, and how to install?

·
Registered
1 Posts
So i updated both my firmware and map smoothly with the guide, and it worked perfect. However i tried to use the navigation and put in an adress where the navigation crashed. As of now i cant use the navigation as it have thrown me out. I cant see the navigation information under version information in mmi setup. Does anyone kone how to fix this problem?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
Just tried to reinstall the four items from Red menu. Same error on Navi start up.
Log from GEM. aciosdb is missing according to the log.

How can I get a copy of the acios file, and how to install?

I also experienced the problem Acios_db missing after update maps to 6.34.1 audi mmi3gp

i solved it this way ( by reading a lot of information ):

I wanted to upgrade my MMI3GP to the latest firmware (1001) before installing the new maps.
Firmware upgrade went wel, update maps went well, except the database became not activated.
A lot of research on the internet and thanks to the info provided by @congo and @DrGER and other in this forum i was pointed to the acios.db error.
I managed to rebuild the acios.db file and put it on the MMI3GP. No luck.
New install of the maps, still not activated.
Hhmm, maybe the previous map was activated with an activator. Checked the files on the MMI system and it indeed contains the file mmebecker.sh.
Basically the “activator” terminate the process that (re)creates navigation database configuration file acios_db.ini when the mme_becker process is launched at system startup.
I found an activator uninstaller, run the script, it could not delete the mmebecker.sh file.
Still no maps activated.
I found out ( several days later trying) that basically the “uninstall” script only has to alter/modify the mmelauncher.cfg file.
The Original mmelauncher.cfg file contains => mme_exe = /sbin/mme-becker
and the
Modified mmelauncher.cfg file contains => mme_exe = /sbin/mme-becker.sh

So i replaced the setting /sbin/mme-becker.sh with /sbin/mme-becker, did a new reinstall of the maps, run the activator and it is finally activated.

Long story short:
Enjoy

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also experienced the problem Acios_db missing after update maps to 6.34.1 audi mmi3gp

i solved it this way ( by reading a lot of information ):

I wanted to upgrade my MMI3GP to the latest firmware (1001) before installing the new maps.
Firmware upgrade went wel, update maps went well, except the database became not activated.
A lot of research on the internet and thanks to the info provided by @congo and @DrGER and other in this forum i was pointed to the acios.db error.
I managed to rebuild the acios.db file and put it on the MMI3GP. No luck.
New install of the maps, still not activated.
Hhmm, maybe the previous map was activated with an activator. Checked the files on the MMI system and it indeed contains the file mmebecker.sh.
Basically the “activator” terminate the process that (re)creates navigation database configuration file acios_db.ini when the mme_becker process is launched at system startup.
I found an activator uninstaller, run the script, it could not delete the mmebecker.sh file.
Still no maps activated.
I found out ( several days later trying) that basically the “uninstall” script only has to alter/modify the mmelauncher.cfg file.
The Original mmelauncher.cfg file contains => mme_exe = /sbin/mme-becker
and the
Modified mmelauncher.cfg file contains => mme_exe = /sbin/mme-becker.sh

So i replaced the setting /sbin/mme-becker.sh with /sbin/mme-becker, did a new reinstall of the maps, run the activator and it is finally activated.

Long story short:
Enjoy
you can add / replace the following lines in the script MMi3g_info run.sh file with:

# Copy interesting files to SD card /var dir:
echo; echo "[ACTI] cp file(s) to $SDVAR"
cp -v /mnt/efs-system/etc/mmelauncher.cfg ${SDVAR}/
cp -v /mnt/efs-system/etc/mmelauncher.cfg.pre-navdb.bak ${SDVAR}/
cp -v /mnt/efs-system/sbin/mme-becker.sh ${SDVAR}/
cp -v /mnt/ifs-root/sbin/mme-becker ${SDVAR}/
cp -Rv /mnt/efs-persist/FSC/ ${SDVAR}/
cp -v /mnt/efs-extended/backup/FSCBackup/*.fsc ${SDVAR}/

Maybe that @DrGER can create an script that checks if the both files exist, if so, modify the mme-launcher.cfg to enable the launch of mm-becker instead of mme-becker.sh, and if needed put the mme-becker file in the right directory.

·
Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
435 Posts

·
Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
435 Posts
@TenCC : I think most nav database update problems are likely related to people using the incorrect "activator" script for their 3G High / Plus systems, respectively. A useful contribution to the MMI 3G community might be a "universal" activator script that should work correctly on either 3G High or 3G Plus systems, since we can generally tell we're running on a 3G Plus system by the existence of file /tmp/sw_trainname (3G High systems do not have this file that I can tell). --g

981 - 999 of 999 Posts