Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
941 - 960 of 1003 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
@ma75 : Thanks for posting your MMI Red Engineering Menu Update Log screens as MMI screenshots -- well done. I think it would be useful to see the package level log status for the AUDI_MMI3G_ECE release of ECE_Hi_R_6_34_1_build1. Failure to initialize suggests to me that one or more database files is missing, incorrect (wrong version), or incomplete (corrupted). A valid database will initialize and display (for some seconds or minutes) until it is blocked due to the so-called "activation" process.
I have an SD script that collects the status of MMI 3G systems in a plain-text log file here: mmi3ginfo2.zip
Extract the ZIP contents to a blank FAT32 SD card, start the MMI system, wait for the software version to be displayed in MENU > MMI Setup > Software version information, then insert the SD card into an open SD slot. Follow the screen prompts. You should find a plain-text run-yyyymmdd.log file on the SD card (and some other files collected in the var directory). Post the log file here with extension TXT and we'll take a look. --g
Here is the file...
run-20220604_113155.txt

·
Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
441 Posts
@ma75 : Make your Google Drive file accessible so everyone here can see it (access is restricted currently). --g

·
Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
441 Posts
@ma75 : Some observations on your log file:
1. No FSC file(s) in /mnt/efs-persist/FSC directory.
2. The FSC file in /mnt/efs-extended/backup/FSCBackup (0004000B.fsc) has wrong date to be the original FSC file.
3. Required file /mnt/efs-persist/navi/db/acios_db.ini is missing; this appears to be created by process vdev-logvolmgr when the system starts, but script /sbin/mme-becker.sh terminates this process after the script finds that acios_db.ini is created. It may be that (I don't know this for certain) that removing the original FSC file before patching the system with (new) script mme-becker.sh will cause acios_db.ini creation to fail, thus your NAV fails to initialise properly. Recommend first step is to copy a (valid) FSC file to /mnt/efs-persist/FSC and restart the system. --g

·
Registered
20 Posts
@ma75 : Some observations on your log file:
1. No FSC file(s) in /mnt/efs-persist/FSC directory.
2. The FSC file in /mnt/efs-extended/backup/FSCBackup (0004000B.fsc) has wrong date to be the original FSC file.
3. Required file /mnt/efs-persist/navi/db/acios_db.ini is missing; this appears to be created by process vdev-logvolmgr when the system starts, but script /sbin/mme-becker.sh terminates this process after the script finds that acios_db.ini is created. It may be that (I don't know this for certain) that removing the original FSC file before patching the system with (new) script mme-becker.sh will cause acios_db.ini creation to fail, thus your NAV fails to initialise properly. Recommend first step is to copy a (valid) FSC file to /mnt/efs-persist/FSC and restart the system. --g
Thanks for helping me, I am at total newbie...do you have tutorial how to do it?please(Can it be that the old activator is not uninstalled?)

·
Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
441 Posts
@ma75 : I haven't seen much discussion about "uninstalling the activator" on 3GP systems. It's not so much uninstalling an "activator" as it is unpatching the MMI operating system. If you can locate an SD script to "uninstall" the current "activator", you could always just (re)run any one of the third-party 3GP "activator" scripts, which should install a patched (hacked?) FSC file into the right place on the system (/mnt/efs-persist/FSC directory). Many other 3GP users have run the non-OE "activator" SD card script successfully, so you should be able to, as well. --g

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a SQ5 2013 8R with MMI 3G+. I updated it (manually because standard didn't work). Unfortunatelly the car doesn't calculate any routes. It gets stuck in the screen attached and after some minutes returns to navi main screen without route plan.

I assume the update isn't activated? I installed the activator some time ago. When I want to install it theres a message saying that its already installed. Uninstalling doesn't work (although the screens on the car say so when I try to install activator its says that its already installed).

Please help!

Automotive design Font Material property Gadget Motor vehicle

Car Personal luxury car Motor vehicle Gadget Automotive design

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a SQ5 2013 8R with MMI 3G+. I updated it (manually because standard didn't work). Unfortunatelly the car doesn't calculate any routes. It gets stuck in the screen attached and after some minutes returns to navi main screen without route plan.

I assume the update isn't activated? I installed the activator some time ago. When I want to install it theres a message saying that its already installed. Uninstalling doesn't work (although the screens on the car say so when I try to install activator its says that its already installed).

Please help!

View attachment 183583
View attachment 183582
You know that to calculate the remaining road your car must be....running?

·
Registered
20 Posts
thanks but that didn‘t solve the problem. Any idea howI can uninstall Keldo‘s activator if SD script doesnt work?
maybe....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Oh man I was wrong when I drive the car the route appears 🤦🏼‍♂️ . Thanks for the hint I didn‘t understand.
Last problem: I dont get navigation voice commands any longer (although the volume is set). Any ideas for solving this issue?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Oh man I was wrong when I drive the car the route appears 🤦🏼‍♂️ . Thanks for the hint I didn‘t understand.
Last problem: I dont get navigation voice commands any longer (although the volume is set). Any ideas for solving this issue?
I said so...
With voice commands try:
Press the "Speech" button; on top right side steering wheel; and then immediately scroll the volume roller on steering wheel up for volume up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks but that didnt work. Volume for navi is set correctly. Neither the iNav button works… :/
Click the Voice Control Button on the steering wheel and wait for the system to prompt you for a voice command....

then say "Voice Guidance Off"

or

There is also a setting within the nav screen in the MMI. I beleive there are three levels of detail. 1 for everything, 1 is for abbreviated version, and 1 for off.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Click the Voice Control Button on the steering wheel and wait for the system to prompt you for a voice command....

then say "Voice Guidance Off"

or

There is also a setting within the nav screen in the MMI. I beleive there are three levels of detail. 1 for everything, 1 is for abbreviated version, and 1 for off.
thanks for the hint but I don't get commands no mather which of the three options I choose - I think the update I got maybe doesnt support German voice commands? - does anyone know if the files (6.34.1) provided in this thread on page one do support German voice commands?

·
Registered
20 Posts
@ma75 : I haven't seen much discussion about "uninstalling the activator" on 3GP systems. It's not so much uninstalling an "activator" as it is unpatching the MMI operating system. If you can locate an SD script to "uninstall" the current "activator", you could always just (re)run any one of the third-party 3GP "activator" scripts, which should install a patched (hacked?) FSC file into the right place on the system (/mnt/efs-persist/FSC directory). Many other 3GP users have run the non-OE "activator" SD card script successfully, so you should be able to, as well. --g
I tried to uninstall the old activator ..and activate the new activator ..got the message already installed....(I am not sure if the deactivator works.. is this possible to fix with a script? If i delete Nav database and delete Nav HDD partition and reinstall the map ..will it solve my problems? or will I get others problems ...with Bose e.g(I am not sure how to put FSC file into the right place...

·
Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
441 Posts
@ma75 : The bits that "activate"/license the nav database are NOT stored on the HDD with the actual nav database files, so deleted & re-installing will have no affect here (unless a database file is missing, but that's not the case).

The SD card script to copy FSC file 0004000B.fsc from /mnt/efs-extended/backup/FSCBackup to /mnt/efs-persist/FSC is relatively simple:

Code:
mount -uw /mnt/efs-persist
cp -v /mnt/efs-extended/backup/FSCBackup/0004000B.fsc /mnt/efs-persist/FSC/
You could use my information dump script as a model for this: in file run.sh, replace all text from just after "QNX command here" to just before "Script cleanup" with the two lines above. That's it, essentially. --g

Reactions: JohnS4

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #958 ·
MMI will work even w/o fsc as long as its "patched".
If you are not getting aciosdb.ini file then install of the map went wrong.

·
Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
441 Posts
@ma75 : As congo notes above, any missing database files will also cause failure to initialise. Review the Update log for your nav update & confirm that ALL packages under AUDI_MMI3G_ECE in release ECE_Hi_R_6_34_1_build1 were selected and installed OK (you don't show those logging screens in your earlier post). --g

·
Registered
20 Posts
@ma75 : As congo notes above, any missing database files will also cause failure to initialise. Review the Update log for your nav update & confirm that ALL packages under AUDI_MMI3G_ECE in release ECE_Hi_R_6_34_1_build1 were selected and installed OK (you don't show those logging screens in your earlier post). --g
Font Terrestrial plant Screenshot Parallel Number
Font Terrestrial plant Screenshot Multimedia Number
Font Terrestrial plant Screenshot Number Event
Font Screenshot Multimedia Terrestrial plant Number
Font Rectangle Magenta Display device Darkness
Font Screenshot Multimedia Darkness Audio equipment

941 - 960 of 1003 Posts