Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
861 - 880 of 904 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
@apa601 : Updating the MMI software for EU is simple enough as long as you don't need EU language support. See this for more info: AudiEnthusiasts Master
And this (see the section on "Languages"): AudiEnthusiasts EEPROM --g

Thanks, DrGER!

A dumb question, most likely, but... So, i do not want to change the language. Will be leaving it as is.

Am i correct, in understanding that i can proceed with the EU firmware without changes to EEPROM?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello gents,

I would appreciate your comments / help to my current struggle.

AUDI S8 2009 - 3G HIGH MMI

I went from P0022_D1 firmware step by step until current K0257_6_D1

As weel I updated maps from 8R0060884E 5.8.5 until 6.34.1. I deleted old maps via green menu first.

Installation went smooth no error occured. I used activator added to maps - downloaded from thread from here.

Inserted into SD card reader and messeage saying that script is already installed, however maps are blocked and jukebox is not working.

Can somebody help what to do more ?

Thankx in advance

·
Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
381 Posts
@Hoblik84 : This thread is for 3G+ systems ONLY. Your MMI is 3G High, so if you applied the wrong activation script, expect inconsistent results. You should be asking about 3G High procedures over here: MMI 3G navigation 6.30.1 Europe - currently 2020

If you read the previous page of this thread, you'll find another case exactly like yours. --g

·
Registered
4 Posts
@sandu151987 : Searching the forum will show that others have done this update, for example: MMI 3G+/3GP navigation 6.31.1 and firmware updates -...

As Mario999 says, all you need is in the 1st post of the thread. --g
Ok DrGer. You say that i should use the firmware provided from the first post, from your link? Corect? But from the first line I saw that Congo closed the thread and moved to this one with maps from 2022.
OR should I use only from this one?

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm hoping that someone will be able to answer this bit... too many pages to trawl through to see if it's been asked before though.
I bought Audi 2021 MMI 3G+, 3G Plus HN+ Navigation Map SD Update last year but cannot get it to run without the ignition turning off. Is the only way to do this to leave the engine running? My indie suggests that it has to be ignition on, engine off to do it.
Thoughts please.

·
Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
381 Posts
@Baggycat : Your eBay link is broken.

MMI 3G+ navigation database updates only need the MMI turned ON -- nothing else needs to be turned on, so energy consumption is minimized during the update, which can take up to 90 minutes. If your starter battery is charged fully before starting the update, a battery maintainer is nice-to-have, but shouldn't be necessary. Running the engine during the nav database update is overkill, IMO, but some people might need this if (1) battery condition is iffy, and (2) no battery maintainer is available. --g

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, my dad owns a 2010 Audi A6 Avant (the facelift model, with LED diodes in headlights and taillights). He wants me to update his maps. The software version is attached below. I'm new to this and don't want to brick the car's system. Could you please tell me which files I need to download. I would also like to enable Bluetooth music, if possible of course, so please tell me if I should download a green menu firmware update as well and which one.

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
381 Posts
@vstevanovic187 : Pre-facelift MMI is MMI 3G High (HNav). The software and navigation database are both original from the factory. Nav database updates for your EU 3G High system is in this thread (1st post): MMI 3G navigation 6.30.1 Europe - currently 2020
Post your questions in that forum thread.

Streaming Bluetooth audio is not available with MMI 3G High system, you need a separate Bluetooth device that connects to the AMI connection (assuming your car has this option).

Before you update the nav database, you will need to update the MMI software to HNav_EU_K0257_6_D1: 33.55 GB folder on MEGA

861 - 880 of 904 Posts