Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
841 - 860 of 904 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
[QUOTE="DrGER, post: 1629656, member: 131272

(these screenshots from 7 Nov 2021). Maybe time to think about finding a replacement HDD for your MMI3G+. You might also try rebuilding the nav partition (through the GEM) next nav database update. Inspect the CRC error count in a month or so to see if it's increasing slowly or rapidly (or not at all?) --g
thanks - not great then...hey ho, will keep an eye on that count!!
[/QUOTE]

CRC errors are related to communications issues to the drive, not an issue with the HDD.
In a PC the first step to eliminate CRC errors normally involves replacing the SATA cable to the drive.

·
Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
381 Posts
@Anon2020 : Thanks for that clarification -- except in our case, we don't have much of a cable between the Toshiba automotive HDD and the system board:

The right-angle IDE connector on the left side here connects directly to the HDD and the system board below it.
Maybe something coming loose here?
In any case, I wonder now the correlation between Error codes 140/150 observed during a nav database update on a 2GB database file and CRC error count recorded in the GEM. --g

·
Registered
Audi Q5 2011 8R 3.0 Diesel
4 Posts
Really noob question, but I am new to Audi and to this forum. I am from Australia and have a Q5 2011. The software version is shown in the attached photo. I tried to update it with the firmware shared so kindly by Congo, but I am guessing that I misunderstood. Am I correct in understanding that it is a Europe only firmware and so I cannot use it to update the firmware on my Audi in Australia? Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.
Gadget Font Display device Multimedia Electronic device

·
Registered
13 Posts
The software version is shown in the attached photo. I tried to update it with the firmware shared so kindly by Congo, but I am guessing that I misunderstood. Am I correct in understanding that it is a Europe only firmware and so I cannot use it to update the firmware on my Audi in Australia? Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.
Maybe not correct, but Australia using ROW software, which is same as EU. Someone correct me if needed!
release = "HNav_EU_K0257_6_D1"
vendor = "HBAS"
variant = "9307"
variant2 = "9308"
region = "Europe"
region2 = "RoW"

skipFileCopyCrc = "true"
delMmeBackups = "true"
skipEraseOrphanedImageHeaders = "true"
UseSubDirs = "true"
MetafileChecksum = "08665c23"

·
Registered
13 Posts
I downloaded this one:

HN+_EU_AU3G_K_0942 Modified firmware - Green Menu enabled / User Defined Mode / No Sound systems
No no no, this is for other 3g system(thats why you have variant error), your system is hnav=3g high. Here is old thread for hnav, where you can get hnav sw!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

Just tested on my MMI... Worked!

-Get this file, unzip and copy everything to a FAT32 formated SD

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/94...dafaa7df09e97701ac9779dd20210608113003/7c3a4e

-Turn on your MMI and check if every function is working. It needs some minutes until it is fully working. Test all buttons!

-Insert the SD. I used slot 1 but it should work on either of them.

-The pop up should appear, if not remove SD and wait a couple more minutes. If it doesn't then you might have some difference on your firmware. Can't help you there as my firmware is not the latest...

-The script will delete the 2 files from the MMI, copy them again from the SD to the MMI and, to check, copy them from the MMI to the SD with the .ACTIVE extension. These two new files on the SD should have the same content of the mmelauncher.cfg and mme-becker.sh.

-REBOOT your MMI and test navigation/jukebox.

hope it helps!
Hello, sorry i'm late =P

I've got the same issue with jukebox being greyed out and navi blocked..
I've tried several activators without any luck..
I think yours might work since it fixed the same issue for another member but the link is dead so i can't download it.
Could you be so kind and activate it or sent it to me?

Thank you

·
Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
381 Posts
@Professor90 : How about telling us (1) complete version of your working MMI system before any updates (e.g. HN+_EU_AU3G_P0513) and (2) what you did so that the jukebox is greyed out and the navigation database is blocked. --g

·
Registered
4 Posts
@Professor90 : How about telling us (1) complete version of your working MMI system before any updates (e.g. HN+_EU_AU3G_P0513) and (2) what you did so that the jukebox is greyed out and the navigation database is blocked. --g
I updated the firmware from HNav_EU_K0257_5_D1 to _6_D1, no problem. Installed the latest map and when activation failed, the jukebox got greyed out. Map works for 30 seconds then gets blocked.

I was refering to the conversations from page 6 if you wanna get more insight :)

Thank u

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, guys,

I know that there are only EU firmware links, but is there any change to get the US one?

My car is with the following version:
HN+R_US_AU_P0467

I will be attempting to update the software and install EU map, will the provided activator in the first post work for US firmware with an eu map?

Thank you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got it working by deleting the maps, installing the maps from the thread Mario999 sent me, using an activator uninstaller and a modified activator.
Jukebox is back and so is the AMI.

@Mario999 Thank you for sending me to the right thread.
@congo Now I know how the activation process works, thanks :)

Cheers

841 - 860 of 904 Posts