Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
561 - 580 of 612 Posts

·
Registered
A8 2015
77 Posts
Audi have supplied 3G[High} and 3GPlus map data on a single SD card since 3Gplus was introduced. 3G and 3GPlus are incompatible MMI systems but they share some/most of the map data. In recent years the map data has grown so that the SD cards have to be 64GB to contain all the map data for both MMIs. [The update SD Cards contain folder structures for both 3G and 3GPlus: when running the update session, the MMI picks the appropriate files and folders it needs].
To fit map data onto a 32GB SD card, this forum and others directs you to delete folders for the 'other' system from the common download; this being a 3GPlus thread, thread item #1 directs you to remove some 3G folders, but the list is not complete :cry: thus causing confusion. LIT4 is a 3G folder but not included on the list as it didn't exist when the maps were smaller ... :rolleyes:

J

·
Administrator
474 Posts
thread item #1 directs you to remove some 3G folders, but the list is not complete :cry: thus causing confusion. LIT4 is a 3G folder but not included on the list as it didn't exist when the maps were smaller ... :rolleyes:

J
Thanks Julian, Post 1 is now updated.

·
Registered
37 Posts
@JulianHicks @DrGER Update on this fiasco, I copied the files on to a usb hard drive and a new SD card formatted to FAT32. Went to car to find out I have the wrong connector in the glove box. It is an old style ipad connector on the other end. So I tried to update using the new SD Card. After it going all the way through to 100% PSD3 I then get Error code 141 again. Press skip and it then does a check and all items just have a - beside them except for the MMI 3G_ECE which all have ok beside them except for the last two on the list DBInfo.txt and config.nfm that have NOK. MMI reboots and when I press on nav it tries to boot up but then comes up with invalid data. I then tried pressing the Nav again and it stayed on initialising whilst I went out for an hours drive. Time to get professional very expensive help :-( :-( :-(

·
Registered
2014 A4q 6MT MMI 3G+
200 Posts
@Wills1959 : Don't give up yet. Did the PSD3 component return an "OK" result ? The two items with "NOK" can be reinstalled as user defined very quickly. That's likely why NAV returns "Invalid data" and then fails to initialize completely. I'd work a bit more on getting those two to "OK" before packing it in. Just my 2p. --g

·
Registered
A8 2015
77 Posts
Thanks @DrGER. I am getting the error code after or during PSD3 and the full error says Device Reports error, Database-DBINFO:0, error code 141
I will try what you say above and see if I can get to the bottom of it. Cheers
Guys, are we 'barking up the wrong tree' here? The above was quoted in an earlier post. DBinfo.txt is one of the Nav files that gets replaced. Maybe there.s something wrong with that file - it's a tiny text file but why would MMI report a problem quoting that name?

[There should be four files in the root of the update SD. build1, config.nfm, DBinfo.txt, metainfo2.txt. I presume they are there and readable? It should look like the attached file from my SD]

J

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks @DrGER and @JulianHicks I think Julian has hit the nail on the head as my dBinfo.txt is completely blank. I thought about just copying the text from your one to mine but it is different to mine in that the 11 digit number on your text 8R0060884JD is different to the one I have on my map being 8R0051884HF. Could be getting close to solving this guys :) :) :)

·
Registered
2014 A4q 6MT MMI 3G+
200 Posts
@Wills1959 : Wait, what ? 8R0051884HF you say ? HF is the ECE 6.31.1 nav update. Yeah, whoever sold this to you didn't even get the versioning right. Yikes. --g

·
Registered
2014 A4q 6MT MMI 3G+
200 Posts
@Wills1959 : My confusion, then -- I thought we were discussing the latest ECE update version JD (6.33.1). --g

·
Registered
A8 2015
77 Posts
@DrGER Both cards that he sent me are the same 8R0051884HF with Europa version 2021/2022 on the label
Sorry; another example of reseller misrepresentation:
-HF is 20/21 [actually 19/20]
-HQ is 21 [20]
-JD is 21/22 [20/21]
as the map data is issued a year after it is created

And which goes to show that resellers are printing SD labels ...

J

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks @JulianHicks , I have spent that much time on it now If I can just get my satnav back working again even with a slightly older map I will be happier than I am now. Can I just copy your dbinfo file to mine and change the 8R0060884JD to what is on my card 8R0051884HF? I have contacted the seller who in all fairness has been answering all my emails to him. I have asked him to check another card and make sure the dbinfo file is intact. Thanks for all your help

·
Registered
2014 A4q 6MT MMI 3G+
200 Posts
@Wills1959 : Alas, it's not quite that simple. The AUDI_MMI3G_XYZ package description file (metainfo2.txt) in the MMI3GP folder tells the software updater the MD5 checksum of DBInfo.txt, so you can't "just" stick your own in and edit it without affecting the entire package configuration. I suspect one could get this to work by turning off MetafileChecksums in the metainfo2.txt files and reconfiguring the entry for DBInfo.txt in MMI3GP/metainfo2.txt (making changes to copies of the original files, of course). Still, better to have a complete & correct update package from the vendor/source. --g

·
Registered
37 Posts
@DrGER As you say If it was only that easy, it could all be fixed by now. I will wait to hear from the seller as all this is getting way beyond my wee brain :) :) :) Really appreciate all your help in this matter

·
Administrator
474 Posts
@Wills1959 Give these a try...

Probably best to confirm the contents of these files matches what you have on your SD card. Just to be on the safe side before you attempt the update.

Change the .txt extension back to .zip before you unzip it.

J

Attachments

561 - 580 of 612 Posts