Administrator
4,577 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
yes, you can.
an activator is not more than 100 MB
Many thanks

Actually, I didn't need an activator, which is odd. I installed the maps from the download and it all just works. Maps load, navigation works.

Shortly after buying the car in 2019, I did buy a 2019 map and 0942 MMI upgrade from someone (I didn't know better at the time) which I installed. But that didn't include or mention any activator, so confused why mine is just working with this downloaded map.

What would happen if it wasn't activated or working correctly? Would there be an obvious error?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, if your navigation is not activated, after ~5 min you should get "The navigation data is blocked" or similar error on the screen.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, if your navigation is not activated, after ~5 min you should get "The navigation data is blocked" or similar error on the screen.
Thanks.... I just drove for 15 mins in Nav mode (map on MMI but DIDN'T plot a route), and no error message.

So still don't know if I'm already activated from the past (I've never run an activator intentionally), or something is going to bite me later.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
HELLO PLEASE I HAVE A MMI3G HIGH
1 is there a Jamaica map available
2 if not can i just update straight to this update you giving
thank you.

·
Administrator
4,577 Posts
HELLO PLEASE I HAVE A MMI3G HIGH
1 is there a Jamaica map available
2 if not can i just update straight to this update you giving
thank you.
this topic is mainly about european firmware and maps.
you cannot simply convert the MMI from one world region to another.
there is a lot more to be done.
I have never seen any maps for Jamaica.

·
Registered
7 Posts
OK so I have now done 2x navigation routes of 25-30 mins and have not had any blocked or need activation errors. Odd

·
Administrator
4,577 Posts
OK so I have now done 2x navigation routes of 25-30 mins and have not had any blocked or need activation errors. Odd
if you have activated the previous update properly, than you have a very good chance, you don't need to activate again.
so, it is not odd, but that's how it works :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
if you have activated the previous update properly, than you have a very good chance, you don't need to activate again.
so, it is not odd, but that's how it works :)
That's my point, I didn't activate a previous update. In 2019 I purchased a map update from someone and an MMI update, and didn't do any specific activation activity. Maybe someone did before I took ownership :unsure:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi again. Maybe someone can help or had similar issue.
Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR) is not working in Estonia. I installed the latest maps, using VCDS changed everything to what was needed and made sure it was on Fusion mode. But still no traffic signs are read and I get a message "Outside of operational area". Went to Finland recently and everything works fine without any issues. Is it really a stupid regional or Geoblocked thing or is there a workaround? I've heard that it just doesn't work in Estonia but before I did the map update (I screwed up the old one by changing regions and it never managed to recover) it did work. It did have error message after a while saying "Traffic sign recognition: currently restricted" but still the signs were recognized. Only issue was that it only read the signs and didn't understand when it was over (junctions, time, meters and so on...).
There is some talk about changing the protocols between the camera and navi but maybe someone can talk about it more? The other thing I've heard is navi and camera database. But again maybe someone knows more

Cheers!

161 - 170 of 170 Posts