Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is probably the wrong place to put this but does anyone know how I can convert from RMC to 3G+. I heard you can flash the software. But I was wondering if anyone knows of a tutorial.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi, just to share my experience as I had the same FW (maps ECE 6.26.1) as suavebygtr:

1) Activated green menu, user defined mode
2) Updated WITHOUT any delete (nav database nor partition), no activation
3) No error codes, works perfectly

Note: During update, I had one retry with PSD2, successful. After finish, it took few hours to accept to enter new address (I could pick the last destinations, but not possible to enter new. MMI restarted of course). When I was just about to ask here for the tip, it worked.

Thanks for creating this topic with all relevant files and info!

FINALLY i updated without erase anythink,

I have the same error in PSD2 but retry and finished correctly.

After update I have DTC error 03276 , to save follow 03276 - Please Check Software Version Management - How to remove? - UpgradeMyAudi.net

And then no have any other error in DTC.

THANKS FOR ALL to all people.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm new to this site. Is there a forum or post to point me toward the USA version of the latest software/firmware for the 2017 A8?

·
Registered
2014 A4q 6MT MMI 3G+
13 Posts
and for anyone looking for the NAR map here's a magnet for the 2019-20 6.20.1 NAR Map - 8R0051884GJ / 8R0060881GJ

Code:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:F9C2FA89021D6502E103A559EA5AFB046B8D6376&dn=NAR%206.20.1&key=8F593C5C4A12C3EEC276B2B96212868209764B9ADAE6E89A2282556AE522C932&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=http%3a%2f%2ftracker2.wasabii.com.tw%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.sktorrent.net%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=http%3a%2f%2fwww.wareztorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fbt.xxx-tracker.com%3a2710%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.eddie4.nl%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.grepler.com%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.mg64.net%3a2710%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fwambo.club%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.dutchtracking.com%3a6969%2fannounce
Albert
After 24+ hours, my torrent client finished downloading a file named "42151f40aa07f154486b", size 22,540,359,965 bytes (md5sum cdc7b8a73fccef11238887cfc6ca5170), using the magnet for the 8R0051884GJ NAR 6.20.1 update, above. Is this correct? On my Solaris 11 x64 server and Linux desktop, "file 42151f40aa07f154486b" returns "data". Not sure how to extract the nav update from this big cryptic file. 7z, rar, & zip don't recognize it. Any suggestions?

Update: Torrent corrected & updated on 19 Apr by OP.

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
NAR map uploaded and linked in the first page.
Manual updated, removed some obsolete steps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
After updating my MMI 3G + I got this error which I can't delete.
Could anyone help me please.
Thank you very much for the updates CONGO

·
Registered
2 Posts
Stupid question: Can I run the updates engine running? All the manuals are saying ignition on and battery charger connected.

·
Super Moderator
4,555 Posts
Stupid question: Can I run the updates engine running? All the manuals are saying ignition on and battery charger connected.
questions are very rarely stupid :)
I always keep the engine running, while doing updates, as I don't have a charger.
in short: no problem, just a bit of fuel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have done the map update 3x times already neither using any charger nor turning the engine on. Only on car battery (after returning from a longer trip so the battery was fully charged). Before the last update, just for caution, I let the Audi dealer to check my battery (5y old...) and no problem there, alwyas finishd the update without any interruptions.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
questions are very rarely stupid :)
I always keep the engine running, while doing updates, as I don't have a charger.
in short: no problem, just a bit of fuel.
All updated successfully :) Firmware was from the factory as well as maps :D Took a while to update those but just following the manual and no problems. Had ask a little advise to get the Google Earth working after map update :D Since I haven't noticed here about it here's tip:

After updating maps (and possible activation) run the firmware update again, somehow the map update is messing up Google Earth. After running the firmware update, the Google Earth is working again.

·
Registered
2014 A4q 6MT MMI 3G+
13 Posts
After updating maps (and possible activation) run the firmware update again, somehow the map update is messing up Google Earth. After running the firmware update, the Google Earth is working again.
If you choose to delete the nav parition using the GEM prior to running the nav data update, the GEMMI software is also removed (since it is installed on the MMI /nav partition). Thus, if you have a 3G+ system and working 3G data connection and want to use the Google Earth satellite image overlay (while AT&T provisions 3G data and Google makes GE available to us) you can either (1) avoid deleting the nav partition (if you don't need to), or (2) re-install the GEMMI package, only, from the latest firmware, as needed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, will the Polish language still be available after the firmware update (HN + _EU_AU3G_K_0942 - factory firmware)?
and is there a Polish language lector on maps 6.32.1?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Trying to unzip maps to sd card and I’m getting different files to what’s suggested on the install instructions I’m I coming something wrong or is it actually correct see images for my files and suggested files from instructions.
B8C7C631-4B8C-4E86-8CD5-76164DF828A0.jpeg
FC8CBB20-75C7-4E57-B147-EA08E20F687B.jpeg

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi guys..John here from Kenya...proud owner of an audi saloon...wonderful vehicle
I know navigation doesnt work in our country...is it possible to update the firmware and get google maps...let me apologize in advance if i have offended anyone with this query
I believe i have mmi 3gplu see pic below

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ive read through the posts but i dont understand what this means:

Q. I have a Bang & Olufsen sound system not a Bose. Does this also mean that i need to exclude it?
A. Yes, better not to update the DSP system.

What does this mean? That i should use the stock firmware and not the modified version with the green menu enabled?
Yes i have the B&O system in my car.

·
Registered
2014 A4q 6MT MMI 3G+
13 Posts
Ive read through the posts but i dont understand what this means:

Q. I have a Bang & Olufsen sound system not a Bose. Does this also mean that i need to exclude it?
A. Yes, better not to update the DSP system.

What does this mean? That i should use the stock firmware and not the modified version with the green menu enabled?
Yes i have the B&O system in my car.
This means that you should update the MMI firmware using the "User defined" method so that you can choose the devices that get updated individually. The "modified" firmware version enables the Green Engineering Menu for those who don't have access to an OBDII tool that can enable the GEM through adaptation (e.g., VCDS, OBDeleven, Carista, etc.). Depending on your car, this might not even be necessary (e.g., update to the latest firmware for our 2014 A4 MMI 3G+ for US region didn't update any DSP devices, so the standard method was sufficient when we did the firmware update in 2018).

61 - 80 of 84 Posts