Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi,
I know the topic is about 3GP/3G+, but from the content of the post I assume, that these maps are compatible with 3G High as well, quoting some parts of the post:

and

I have latest (0257_6) firmware for 3G High and installed these maps. Installation run smoothly, no problems here. However none of the activators, found on this and various other (3G High related) topics works. I tried Vlasoff, Keldo, Darkdll but none of them worked. FSC based, that are run from Engineering menu, execute, but nothing happens after restart, the rest, that should work on any screen, after everything has booted, do nothing, I see no confirmation screen, whatsoever.
I also tried several SD cards - 1GB, 16GB, 64GB, all formatted as FAT32. I still get "Navigation data blocked" kind of message.
As I browse the forum, a lot of people are in similar situation and I failed to find working solution, so I any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
For MMI 3GH 6.32.1 if you can not find any activator, download the 6.30.1 map update your system, it has activator (I have used what you can find in the link).
Than delete the 6.30.1 map, and install the new 6.32.1 than you will not need to activate.
You can try this.
1.13 MB file on MEGA

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello fans!

I successfully updated my MMI 3GP to the latest maps 6.32.1 - using user defined mode - everything works on my MMI and I am able to see the map when I open the navigation application. (before the update I deleted the NAVdatabase and partition from the Green Menu). But for some reason the GPS is not active, I mean the it is not showing my actual position on the map and the GPS maps are not "moving" when I am changing location/driving, instead it show my last stored location where I was before the update. In addition to this issue, I can enter a new target address and also the app says that "my route has been calculated" but nothing appears on the map - no blue line to follow, etc.... basically nothing happens. I have a feeling that the NAvigation app does not read the data form GPS receiver.

I tried the activator from Keldo, which tells me that it is already installed.

I can see in the green menu that the GPS receiver works, if I am moving/driving the '"textual" coordinates (in the Green Menu /nav/ submenu) are changing... so the GPS receiver is not broken. Still maybe the activation was not successfull?

My Firmware is HN+R_EU_AU_K0942 Stock firmware.

Is there any tips/hints? what can I do? Shall I try to uninstall the activator? or any other idea? is there and activator uninstaller script available somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

Peti.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hello fans!

I successfully updated my MMI 3GP to the latest maps 6.32.1 - using user defined mode - everything works on my MMI and I am able to see the map when I open the navigation application. (before the update I deleted the NAVdatabase and partition from the Green Menu). But for some reason the GPS is not active, I mean the it is not showing my actual position on the map and the GPS maps are not "moving" when I am changing location/driving, instead it show my last stored location where I was before the update. In addition to this issue, I can enter a new target address and also the app says that "my route has been calculated" but nothing appears on the map - no blue line to follow, etc.... basically nothing happens. I have a feeling that the NAvigation app does not read the data form GPS receiver.

I tried the activator from Keldo, which tells me that it is already installed.

I can see in the green menu that the GPS receiver works, if I am moving/driving the '"textual" coordinates (in the Green Menu /nav/ submenu) are changing... so the GPS receiver is not broken. Still maybe the activation was not successfull?

My Firmware is HN+R_EU_AU_K0942 Stock firmware.

Is there any tips/hints? what can I do? Shall I try to uninstall the activator? or any other idea? is there and activator uninstaller script available somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

Peti.
Hi Peti,

If you only update map database you don't need any activation.
How many satellites can the car see, in the green menu?

After map update, my location was at the Atlantic Ocean, and after 100m drive it showed my position.
It was not so accurate, sometimes I was driving on a parallel road, but after a reboot, everything worked fine.

Kind regards,

Balazs

·
Registered
3 Posts
For Mac users:

Here is how I did prepare the SD card from a Mac.
The upgrade did complete successfully and is working fine.

1. First the normal stuff: download maps, extract files and remove the unneeded files ,so it can fit into the SD Card

2. Install BlueHarvest from App Store (16 EUR)
Follow the instructions from BlueHarvest
And then change preference for “Non Mac Disks” to “Ask what to do"

3. Use “Disk Utility”+“Edit”+“Erase” to format a 32 GB SD card as MS-DOS (FAT)
When BlueHarvest prompts for action on the SD card, select “Keep Clean”

4. Copy the extracted files and folders, to the SD card

5. When copy has completed, access BlueHarvest in the Menu and select “Clean and Eject” of the SD card

6. Now Ready to start the MMI upgrade

PS: This can also be done without BlueHarvest and instead with a script to save the 16 EUR, but I didn’t find time for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is it possbile to upgrade map on a A3 with MMI info ?
MSTD_EU_AU_P3151
8V0919866A 0021 ECE 2013

Did find all the other A models in this thread, but not the A3.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello
I downloaded all the files needed to update the map then unpacked them but I don't know if after unpacking the first folder everything is ok because my main folder, which is copied to the SD card, is only 22GB.
I have 16 files in the pkgdb folder, is it supposed to be?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello
I downloaded all the files needed to update the map then unpacked them but I don't know if after unpacking the first folder everything is ok because my main folder, which is copied to the SD card, is only 22GB.
I have 16 files in the pkgdb folder, is it supposed to be?
For a 3GP, I do have 29 folders and 4 files in pkgdb subfolder. Total data on the sdcard is 29gb

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,
I know the topic is about 3GP/3G+, but from the content of the post I assume, that these maps are compatible with 3G High as well, quoting some parts of the post:

and

I have latest (0257_6) firmware for 3G High and installed these maps. Installation run smoothly, no problems here. However none of the activators, found on this and various other (3G High related) topics works. I tried Vlasoff, Keldo, Darkdll but none of them worked. FSC based, that are run from Engineering menu, execute, but nothing happens after restart, the rest, that should work on any screen, after everything has booted, do nothing, I see no confirmation screen, whatsoever.
I also tried several SD cards - 1GB, 16GB, 64GB, all formatted as FAT32. I still get "Navigation data blocked" kind of message.
As I browse the forum, a lot of people are in similar situation and I failed to find working solution, so I any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
I have exactly the same situation. How did you resolve?

·
Registered
3 Posts
For MMI 3GH 6.32.1 if you can not find any activator, download the 6.30.1 map update your system, it has activator (I have used what you can find in the link).
Than delete the 6.30.1 map, and install the new 6.32.1 than you will not need to activate.
You can try this.
1.13 MB file on MEGA
I guess I am in the same situation. If I use this activator, what are the steps to run it? Same as for a firmware upgrade? So Engineering Menu and then update?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Seriously ? Ask in 3G+ topic when there is dedicated one for 3GH ... come on guys.
I made new topic so its a bit cleaner than the old one :)
Maybe I'm being stupid, but I can't find a topic for 6.32 3G High - nothing pinned and searching only found a really old map version. Or do I just use the maps from this topic and delete the LIT3GP folders?

Thanks for the help, as an Audi noob I really appreciate it!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hello,

Downloading 6.32.1 now, thanks for the torrent/magnet.

This will be I think my 4th upgrade, but I just wanted to check 2 things:
1: My firmware is K900 stock - is that still OK - no need for me to upgrade to 942?
2: Obviously I've got the activator installed when I did my first upgrade. There are now several activators floating about, but if I have one working (installed back when 6.24 was new I think) is that still OK i.e. I only need to do the user defined update of the maps as per homarc's manual and not touch any activators?

Just trying to ensure that 6.32 is "just" a map update and does not require anything else for me.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,

Downloading 6.32.1 now, thanks for the torrent/magnet.

This will be I think my 4th upgrade, but I just wanted to check 2 things:
1: My firmware is K900 stock - is that still OK - no need for me to upgrade to 942?
2: Obviously I've got the activator installed when I did my first upgrade. There are now several activators floating about, but if I have one working (installed back when 6.24 was new I think) is that still OK i.e. I only need to do the user defined update of the maps as per homarc's manual and not touch any activators?

Just trying to ensure that 6.32 is "just" a map update and does not require anything else for me.

Thanks again.
Hi,
to answer your questions:
1) Yes, the K900 is enough for the update (I am using the same FW and I completed this update 3 weeks ago with no problems)
2) If you have successfuly activated the maps on previous updates, you don´t need to change the activator - the activator changes the behavior of th FW, not the maps, so you are good to go.

21 - 40 of 89 Posts