Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

3581 - 3600 of 3618 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello. Yes, I did everything as described. You did it?
Hi @Stefan,

No I haven't tried yet, first of I do get a bit confused about the green menu and why I need to activate it. I do have a Bose sound system so I'm a bit concerned about that as well.
Second "issues" is that my 32GB SD card falls 500MB short on space for maps. And I don't know if a 64GB SD card would work, shame to buy one and it does not.
So guide is good enoughI guess, but It would be great if it was updated a bit.
I've seen few YouTube videos about upgrading MMI, most of them is for A4- A5 and so on and non have show the use of green menu or unselecting Bose sound system during upgrade.
Simply a bit afraid of braking my MMI and or other components in the car.
I originally wanted to upgrade maps, but to my understanding I need to upgrade Mmi before upgrading to the latest maps available.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi @Stefan,

No I haven't tried yet, first of I do get a bit confused about the green menu and why I need to activate it. I do have a Bose sound system so I'm a bit concerned about that as well.
Second "issues" is that my 32GB SD card falls 500MB short on space for maps. And I don't know if a 64GB SD card would work, shame to buy one and it does not.
So guide is good enoughI guess, but It would be great if it was updated a bit.
I've seen few YouTube videos about upgrading MMI, most of them is for A4- A5 and so on and non have show the use of green menu or unselecting Bose sound system during upgrade.
Simply a bit afraid of braking my MMI and or other components in the car.
I originally wanted to upgrade maps, but to my understanding I need to upgrade Mmi before upgrading to the latest maps available.
Read about what files to delete/not copy to the SD, it’s detailed in the first post. A 64GB SD will likely give you issues.

·
4,537 Posts
it might help, not to copy all files and folders in one time.
but to copy one folder at the time, one after the other.

·
Registered
21 Posts
@fred44nl,

Hi, nothing left to chance I guess, but I doubt it will change anything (will try tho).
I just checked my 32GB volum after formatting to FAT32, states 28,9GB..
Might be the problem..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi @OliNix,

I did remove the non required 3 foldes, stil comes 500mb short.
It might my SD card, so any tips to a card that might work would be great.
Are you trying to copy both the firmware and the maps to the SD at the same time?

Maps should be 29.54GB (after deleting files from instructions)
Firmware should be 1.03GB

You have to do them one at a time, so:
1) load firmware onto SD card
2) update firmware
3) clear SD card
4) load maps onto SD card (excluding files stated)
5) update maps
6) clear SD card
7) load activator onto SD card (if needed)
8) run activator
9) clear SD card
10) load fault clearing script onto SD (if needed)
11) run fault clearing script
12) clear SD card (repeat steps 10-12 for any further scripts you need)
Done!

I used a SanDisk Extreme which has 29.7GB usable. They wouldn’t fit on a non-brand one which I have (it was 33.2MB short!)

@fred44nl,

Hi, nothing left to chance I guess, but I doubt it will change anything (will try tho).
I just checked my 32GB volum after formatting to FAT32, states 28,9GB..
Might be the problem..
Yes, this will be your problem. Try a better quality SD.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi
I downloaded the navi files again. When unpacking, 7zip writes an error.

1. unexpected end of data:
8R0060884HF(6.31.1 EU 2020_2021).zip

2. data error in encrypted file:
pkgdb\CTYS3TC\3PN193EU1944P1521b.4_4.0ATLAS

I tried several times there is always an error.

Someone has an idea. What's wrong?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Why would you not? You can likely do it without updating the firmware, but why?!
Hi, well it seems to be a bit risky, nothing other than that.
I have some concern about the Bose system.
As it seems way to do it is activate green menu, install modified firmware deselecting Bose system, install maps, run activation.
I guess the 2 year old guide stil is relevant, but it would be good to know if any steps are changes or noe needed anymore in a updated guide.

@Stefan I did not have any issues unpacking my files, do you have a dropbox, google driver or similar I can upload files to you?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
Unfortunately, during the update I get error 140 Database - GBD: 0. New 32GB Sandisk ulstra clas 10 card formatted to FAT32 was used. The removed ones were assembled according to the instructions. Does anyone know the solutions?

·
Registered
48 Posts
GOOGLE LAYOUT OFFLINE usage HELP

I know the Google online will not work any more, but I hope some EXPERTS can help how to use the offline already downloaded database without network connection.

I have chacked the current cache in the green menu. 21% is used. It is 350MB.

(now i understand why you had to upload the GEMMI, MAPSTYLES and COMBISTYLES because for the map update you have to delete the NAV partition.)

I have downloaded the following folders from the NAV partition. The 2 sections are identical at least the CACHE and TEMP folders.
mount -uw /mnt/nav
/mnt/img-cache/gemmi/.config
/mnt/img-cache/gemmi/cache
/mnt/img-cache/gemmi/scache
/mnt/img-cache/gemmi/temp
/mnt/nav/gemmi/.config
/mnt/nav/gemmi/cache
/mnt/nav/gemmi/scache
/mnt/nav/gemmi/temp
/mnt/nav/gemmi

Here is a link with my backup and the script what I have used to save the above listed folders.

661.32 MB folder on MEGA

Would be nice if someone can find solution, before a new map update will come up, and everybody will delete Google maps cache.

Now I have the following error if I remove the SIM and then I try to get the Google overlay.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys.

I have 2011 audi a7 with 3G+ and sim card slot. Can I update straight to K0770? I will attach a photo of my current version (I believe it is the original that came with the car)

Any help at all is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
99 Posts

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts

Thank you!

I have downloaded the link and unzipped using 7Zip, the file is only 1.39Gb. Does that sound right? Seems very small.

Do I just put it in the SD card and select update and follow the steps on screen? Do I need to activate anything after.

Sorry for all the questions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

Does the Activator 8R0 060 884 DF work with the latest maps 6.31.1 8R0 060 884 HF in the first post?

I understand you can use an USB stick rather than SD card. Does the 32GB limit still apply? If not, could you use a HDD with USB connection intead?

Thanks for a great resource!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I used a 64gb stick the last twice I've updated mine.

The activator patches the firmware, so all maps released for k0900 and beyond will simply be already activated.

Albert

3581 - 3600 of 3618 Posts