Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

MMI 3G+/3GP navigation 6.31.1 and firmware updates - currently 2020/2021

2M views 4K replies 762 participants last post by  JohnS4 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thread closed. Please see new 2021/2022 thread here

MMI 3G+/3GP navigation 6.31.1 and firmware updates - currently 2020/2021

Links to the latest versions of firmware and map update (with activator)

Map & activator (activator works for 2018/2019 maps):
8R0 060 884 GA - 6.28.2 2019 MMI 3G High/Plus Europe 2019 [Link on Mega (use 7z/7zip to open the files)]
2020/2021
8R0 060 884 HF - 6.31.1 2020/2021 MMI 3G High/Plus Europe 2020/2021 [Link on Mega (use 7z/7zip to open the files)] Password: 8R0060884HF

8R0 060 884 DF – Activator [Link on cloud.mail.ru || Link on Mega]

Firmware:
Audi A1 [Link on cloud.mail.ru || Link on Mega]
8R0 906 961 EC – HN+_EU_AU210_K0900 (A1) SVM: 3GPEU900A1

Audi A4-A5-Q5-Q7
HN+_EU_AU3G_K_0900 - Stock firmware
HN+_EU_AU3G_K_0942 - Stock firmware
HN+_EU_AU3G_K_0900 Modified firmware - Green Menu enabled / User Defined Mode / No Sound systems
HN+_EU_AU3G_K_0942 Modified firmware - Green Menu enabled / User Defined Mode / No Sound systems

Audi Q3-A6-A7-A8
HN+R_EU_AU_K0900 - Stock firmware
HN+R_EU_AU_K0942 - Stock firmware
HN+R_EU_AU_K0900 Modified firmware - Green Menu enabled / User Defined Mode / No Sound systems
HN+R_EU_AU_K0942 Modified firmware - Green Menu enabled / User Defined Mode / No Sound systems

Manual:
3G_3GP.pdf [Link on Mega || Spanish translation thanks to homarc || 2017 MAP Update thanks to homarc]

Cheers :wink2:

In order new 2019 map to fit in 32GB SD do not copy the following folders
pkgdb/LIT
pkgdb/LIT2
pkgdb/LIT3
You might need GEM (Green engineering menu) activated and use User Defined Mode and manually select all that is under AUDI_MMI3G_ECE if it's not selected.

Warning - FW update K0900 is removing the "Emergency Update" option from the "Green Menu". There is a way that this can be fixed.

• Emergency menu activation on K0900 firmware. [ Only for A5OC ]
• To enable the Green Menu you could use VCDS, VAS or the following script [ Green menu activation ]
• 03623 [ 03623 Remove ]
1. Unzip it on the SD card.
2. Put the sd card in the MMI.
3. When prompted press the center knob.
4. After the script is done you will see confirmation screen.
5. Remove the SD card and reboot MMI

Do not use MAC to unpack and/or copy the files to the SD card.

The problem:
I've tried to update my firmware (MMI 3G+) to K0767 and got the following error:

GEMMI_nav:0 error code 141
I could only access "Retry" choice (but update kept blocking at 5% with the same error) or "Back" button that was useless
Unable to do anything else, even the Reset procedure didn't work!

Root cause:
This is a file corruption error, the MMI didn't like what it found on the SD card.
Because I'm a stupid software engineer who thinks he knows best, I didn't trust the forums and copied the files from my mac onto the SD card (using command line to clean-up the .Trashes/ and alike folders)
So this is the lesson: DO NOT COPY FROM A MAC
Sub-lesson: better learn from other's mistakes than redo the experience...

Solution:
As stated previously, even a MMI reset procedure didn't allow me to get out of the error.
So I went to my neighbour's Windows PC, reformatted the SD card and extracted the RAR archive onto it.
Back to the car, update went fine and completed successfully after 30 minutes

Hope this experience will help some fellow here...
LESSONS LEARNED - NEVER USE MAC OS (or Unix, Linux based OS) for unpack and copy map or firmware data into SD card. Also always format SD card in Windows OS. USE ONLY WINDOWS FOR UNPACK/COPY!!!

I had to upgrade Firmware as well. I could not load map data even they were copied in windows. It means that also Firmware was corrupted.
I found cca 10 000 hidden files on Firmware SD card. Dangerous is that Firmware seemed to be OK all the time but it was not and I could destroy whole MMI
(Imagine that FPGA or EEPROM is burned with some hidden apple .bin file....).
Q&A section
Here are some of the questions raised by the forum members about the update process that I might failed to explain in the manual.

Q. Do i need VCDS to do the update?
A. No, you need VCDS only to clear some errors after the update but the MMI will function correctly even if you don’t clear them out.

Q. I have a Bang & Olufsen sound system not a Bose. Does this also mean that i need to exclude it?
A. Yes, better not to update the DSP system.

Q. Currently no updates for North America?
A. Not for now.

Q. I have mmi 3gp , version p0XXX can i go straight to k0900?
A. Yes.

Q. Have found the activation script and it includes "2380_00040009.fsc". This should be changed according to manual Page 31 to the MAC address specifically to my MMI or should I continue to use the "2380_00040009.fsc" as stated in the manual page 18.
A. Leave the filename as it is now.

Q. The 2380_00040009.fsc file contains a VIN number. Should that be changed to my VIN number?
A. No, do not attempt the edit the fsc file.

Q. Will my VIN be visible and correct in the MMI
A. Yes.

Q. Only thing is that my Google Maps option is greyed out... any hints?
A. Reinstall the GEMMI_nav component from the K0900.

Q. 01043 - Control Module; Incorrect Software Version - How can i solve this ?
A. Restart the MMI and remove the key from ignition then put it back in. The error should change from 01043 - Control Module; Incorrect Software Version to 03276 - Please Check Software Version Management.

Q. What does the new firmware bring in terms of added functionality?
A. Not much, apart from K0770/K0767 fixing the issues with the SIM data connection and Bluetooth usage at the same time.

Q. What are 03276 and 03175, will they affect the MMI in anyway and how can they be avoided?
A. 03276 - Please Check Software Version Management will appear every time when the software is updated w/o VAS connection to the VW/Audi servers.
03175 - Invalid Data Set will appear when updating the map w/o deleting it first. Sometimes this helps to avoid that error.
They will not affect the functionality or the sound characteristics of the MMI.

Q. Is there a way to use used defined mode w/o "Green Menu"?
A. Yes. In file metainfo2.txt in the root folder if you remove the line "MetafileChecksum=XXXXXX" and add
EnableUserDefinedSWDLMode = "true"
skipMetaCRC = "true"
the you will be able to use the user mode w/o the green menu.

Warning - At no stage I take responsibility of your actions or any of my notes that may mislead you. Therefore, and like my all other documents I say “use at your own risk”.

Recovery of "bricked" MMI 3G units, RNS850 unit, MIB1/2 units, PCM4/5 units.
Google Earth/Sreet View on RNS850 and all MIB1/2 units, PCM4/5 units

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey guys, I just got myself an Audi A5 Sportback from 2013. I checked and I believe this is still running the MMI firmware and maps from then as well.

The MMI version information:
Media version: HN+_EU_AU3G_P0612
Nav. database version:
8R0060884AR ECE 6.15.5

I believe this is the right topic for my version, however can anyone confirm this and the best way to get to this latest version? As this is the first time for me doing this and I only just got the car, I don't have the VCDS cable or software yet. From what I read it will take a long time to actually install the maps and firmwares, which means either the car will be running for a long time, or I'd need to get a charger for the battery to ensure it doesn't run out.

Which leads me to the next question.. Buying a cable with the software (a proper one and not a knock-off with grey area software) and either buying a charger or running the car the whole day, why shouldnt I just get this done at a dealer/garage? As I've never done a thing like this, I would like to get to know more about it as I am interested, but currently it looks like there are a lot of additional costs involved no matter which way I get the latest maps.

Thanks in advance!

#3 ·
Well, you don't have VCDS cable and you have never done such kind of things I will suggest to you two options. Either find someone local to you that have experience in this area or go to the dealer. The manual in this topic is complete and tested many times but to be honest there is always room for error. Is it the right way to do it using the info found here .... well define "right". It is illegal if you ask Audi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1,345 ·
Hello there Congo,

I see you are an experienced enthusiast. I am in a bit of a huge fix. I messed up to say the least. I currently have an early 2012 pre facelift A5 sportback diesel. I figured out it comes with an MMI 3g system and i attempted to update the software yesterday. Unfortunately, i forced through the wrong firmware and the system is bricked. All attempts to update using the right firmware has yielded nothing. theres no sound, no sat nav, climate display, even the clock resets when the engine goes off. My original software version was HNav_EU_P0054_D1. What are my options at this stage. and i guess you have successfully recovered bricked MMI units in the past. What will it cost and please what can you do? My apologies for the multiple questions Congo. I did read thru the posts but cannot find the answers.

looking forward to your reply and thanks in advance.

Update
It's now in emergency update mode with the green screen that counts down to the red error screen.

Cheers
Sean

#4 ·
Nah, that's ok, i didn't mean the right thing in that way. I already knew that ;)

I meant right more in a money and time spending way. I was thinking about finding someone local as well. So I'll probably pop in a post in the UK forum part to see if there is anyone nearby enough.

Thanks congo!

#3,403 ·
hello mate
i need your help
I just got my AUDI A6 2015, how can I know which is the right file to install, knowing my car running version is HN+R_EU_AU_P0770
can you guide me here, I downloaded this one K0900 already to my PC , is it the right one !? knowing my navigation is working fine

#504 · (Edited)
Hey Guys, just want to confirm a few things here.... All the files/maps above are for Europe correct?

Currently no updates for North America? ...aside from that, I would think I have the latest versions on my 2016 S5?:
Is there a place to get latest for US A4 allroad? Here is what I have today. HN+_US_AU3G_K0556_3 and 8R0906961DN NAR 5.5.5

I primarily want a new firmware, but latest maps would be nice.

Also, Can I use "green screen activation" script with out VCDS? If yes, is there a guide on how to do it?

Thanks

#23 ·
Hello Guys..... I would really appreciate some help on this topic. I have an A4 2013 import from Japan. I live in the caribbean and as such the radio frequency bandwidth is different from Japans. I was doing some reading and from what I gathered I believe that if i upgrade/change my firmware the k-box would also update so as to allow me to get radio frequency bandwidth the same as the USA. Can anyone confirm this?

Also I have the following installed in the car currently

HN+JP_AU3G_P0271
NAV DATABASE: 7614

I dont think there are maps available for Trinidad and Tobago.... so I dont care too much for the maps. But I would like to listen to the radio. Will the links you guys have in this post work with my car to update the MMI?

#25 ·
Firmware update

Hi guys,

Congo, I'm a little confused as to the firmware updates, I can see that the maps can be update for the MMI 3G High which I have but what about the firmware? At the moment my version information is as follows:

Software version: HNav_EU_K0257_5D1
Nav. database version: 8R0060884CH ECE 6.20.4

Would I still be able to update my firmware to these ones in here?

Thanks

AK

#2,363 ·
Wrong activator uninstall !

@congo I need help with uninstalling wrong 3GH activator Audi_3GH_Fix_K0257 from my US 3GP maps. I mistakenily installed it and not able to uninstall it to use 3GP activator. Any ideas and help are appreciated. Here is the run.sh from this 3GH activator.

#!/bin/ksh

#remount SD as rw
DRVS="sd0 sd1"
for i in $DRVS ; do
if [ -d /fs/$i ] ; then
if [ -e /fs/$i/upd ] ; then
mount -u /fs/$i
mount -u /fs/$i
SDCARD=/fs/$i
echo remount $SDCARD
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$SDCARD/utils
fi
fi
done

$SDCARD/utils/showScreen $SDCARD/screens/scriptStart.png
cd

$SDCARD
/bin/mount -uw /mnt/efs-system

cp $SDCARD/mmelauncher.cfg /etc/mmelauncher.cfg
cp $SDCARD/mme-becker.sh /sbin/mme-becker.sh

$SDCARD/utils/showScreen
$SDCARD/screens/scriptDone.png

#31 ·
Hi all.

I have a 2013 S5 sportback, my f/w version is currently:

HN+_EU_AU3G_P0612 - maps appear to be ECE 6.15.5

I tried to upgrade the f/w to 614 but got an error screen in German - something about the telephone. I am thinking this is because my car has no Sim slot so I'm trying the next version - 767 now.

What's the correct latest f/w for me to install - 0900 or the DAB one?

Also questions about activation using generic script. Will I lose TCM traffic updates (traffic info over FM radio that satnav uses to reroute automatically) by activating using a generic script? I don't have AudiConnect as I've got an incompatible phone (Apple).

Big thanks to Congo for the info pack! Also to Adrian E who helped me activate TPMS in my car over the weekend!

Cheers
Iain

#33 ·
Did you have an active bluetooth pairing when you tried to run the firmware update? If so, go into phone settings and switch bluetooth off on the car before trying to run again. For the older setup it's always recommended to unplug anything not required during the update and to switch bluetooth off in case the module requires an update.

I'm pretty sure 0900 is the latest and the DAB update is a very specific one, possibly for early facelift cars? Not an expert on these setups!

No probs on doing TPMS :) much more straightforward than the last one I did!

Adrian

Reactions: flying banana
#35 ·
Cheers for the extra info guys.

My car was 612 to start with and I went -> 0767 -> 0900 with no issues (apart from apparently losing the green hidden menu that was kindly activated for me last weekend (I think - still need to check the button combo - I don't have a Setup button so I think it should be Menu + Car -> hold for 5+ seconds).

Adrian - I turned off bluetooth before starting the f/w updates - but only to save battery. As mentioned above the 0614 f/w won't install on cars with no SIM card slot (like mine :)

I'm going to d/l the maps packages now and extract them to my SD card. Still unsure about the activation but I'll get the maps updated first!

Cheers
Iain

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.