Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1621 - 1640 of 3144 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Speed Limit Sign on MAP

Hi Congo,

Might be you can help, I've updated maps and MMI 3G+ firmware.
On previous version use to show Speed Limit Sign on map.

But after updating maps to 2017 version does not show anymore :(

Can you pleas help or anyone? had the same issue?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can you tell me please do i need to install the modified firmware if my Audi A8 is with the standard sound system? Its not Bose or B&O.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,623 (Edited)
Speed limit is in the settings menu.

If no B&O / Bose system is present in the car you can use any software it does not matter.

GPS antenna might need a bit more time, always after update drive the car for 1-2km and then try the routing function.

Activator for EU map should work on US software too. Haven’t tested it and currently don’t have time to try it :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,
@congo (or anyone else) I just bought a 2014 Audi A4 Technik S-Line (CANADA) last week. The "drive select" options was in the menu somewhere when I drove off the dealer's lot, when I reset the MMI a few hours later, I can't find that option to switch the car back to Eco Mode for better fuel efficiency.

The dealer might have had some hidden menu unlocked? I don't know...?

My current software version is: HN+_US_AU3G_p0726
Navigation Database version: 8R0060884BL NAR 6.9.2

I read through the first 5 pages and last 5 pages of this thread, but can't figure out how to update the software... :(

Any basic help to update the software (and then renable the Audi Drive Select) would be much appreciated! :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi,

@congo (or anyone else) I just bought a 2014 Audi A4 Technik S-Line (CANADA) last week. The "drive select" options was in the menu somewhere when I drove off the dealer's lot, when I reset the MMI a few hours later, I can't find that option to switch the car back to Eco Mode for better fuel efficiency.

The dealer might have had some hidden menu unlocked? I don't know...?

My current software version is: HN+_US_AU3G_p0726
Navigation Database version: 8R0060884BL NAR 6.9.2

I read through the first 5 pages and last 5 pages of this thread, but can't figure out how to update the software... :(

Any basic help to update the software (and then renable the Audi Drive Select) would be much appreciated! :)
This way you can get Audi Drive Select (vcds needed)

https://youtu.be/J0cws5oAc4M

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also just got back from a buddy's place, he tried to follow the above and changed some settings around to get Drive Select (unsuccessful) - so he tried reverting the settings back (we didn't keep a log of the current "long settings")? And... Now every time I start the car I get: "audi adaptive light: defective" -- along with a flashing yellow light.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,628
Q5 = A4 = A5 so electronics is 1:1.

About the software I don’t think you can do region change on your own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
I also just got back from a buddy's place, he tried to follow the above and changed some settings around to get Drive Select (unsuccessful) - so he tried reverting the settings back (we didn't keep a log of the current "long settings")? And... Now every time I start the car I get: "audi adaptive light: defective" -- along with a flashing yellow light.
I also have a5 and I followed the instructions above. All works perfect. I have ADS now which wasn't active before.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Q5 = A4 = A5 so electronics is 1:1.

About the software I don’t think you can do region change on your own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hrmmm...

Good to know.

To be honest, I am more interested in reverting back whatever was messed up now as... when just got back from a buddy's place, he tried to follow some guide and changed some settings around to get Drive Select (unsuccessful) And... Now every time I start the car I get: "audi adaptive light: defective" -- along with a flashing yellow light.

Any advice to trouble shoot that/clear/revert that?

He thinks we cleared every option, and I believe him, but he must have missed some, or the adaptive headlight just coincidentally became defective at the same time we changed 1 of the things??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Okay, i was able to bring 3GP back to life with UART socket commands.

BUT!!! Funny thing now is that the GPS doesn't show move around anymore. I'm thinking towards the GPS antenna, but has anyone had software related issues with GPS after updating the FW?

Thanks again!
Well well well. IT WORKS. :)

After the Consistency error and UART recovery using "flashit -a" commands the MMI has flashed the IFS and FPGA etc... . But using Engineering Menu and User Defiened Update i reupdated everything that seems like is for MMI headunit.

After update, the summary menu indicated MuGPS as new menu which seems like didn't get flashed with emergency recovery. After the MuGPS was updated GPS started to work again.

I really hope my case ends here.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Congo - hope you can help

I am wanting to update my Q5 2013 from P0614 rto K0942

Is this is the correct process?

1. Dowbload K0942 to a 32GB SD card - how to install onto car?
2. Download 2017 maps to SD card - how do I copy the maps to the car?
3. Activate - how do I activate this using the activator file?

You help is much appreciated

·
Registered
11 Posts
Congo (or someone else knowledgeable)... hope you can help!

Just updated (yesterday) 3G+ in 2013 Allroad (US market) with Audi Connect and Google Earth from:
HN+_US_AU3G_P0609 and 8R0060884BA NAR 5.7.3
to
HN+_US_AU3G_K0942_6 and 8R0060884EN NAR 6.16.2

Upgrade process using 'Standard" upgrade. Went smoothly. No errors during the upgrade.

Unfortunately, now Google Earth does not load. Every time I turn on car/nav I get a message that Google Earth is being restarted and then it sits (for ours) on the Google Earth "Please Wait" screen. Everything else "seems" to be OK.

Any, absolutely ANY advice to fix this problem is welcome.

Thanks,

Gunnar

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just read the first post and you'll find the instructions there. Don't be lazy and read.

Hi Bagoosh - I am really not lazy :) I have read this bit, but the bitsI dont understand are,

1. first I copy the K0942 update to the SD card - Do I need to access the Green Menue to copy it to the car?
2. Once I copy the update, I then copy the maps to the SD card, then how do I copy them to the car?
3. I then copy the activator to the SD card, how do I activate it?

Again your help is much appreciated?

Adam

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Bagoosh - I am really not lazy :) I have read this bit, but the bitsI dont understand are,

1. first I copy the K0942 update to the SD card - Do I need to access the Green Menue to copy it to the car?
2. Once I copy the update, I then copy the maps to the SD card, then how do I copy them to the car?
3. I then copy the activator to the SD card, how do I activate it?

Again your help is much appreciated?

Adam
It is a real miracle that you know how to turn on your computer at all. Listen, if you really don't understand those elementary things then it is better not to touch anything and give someone to update your MMI.

1621 - 1640 of 3144 Posts