Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

3301 - 3320 of 3336 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guy, I have an Audi Q3 restyling of 2016 and in attach there is the specifications about my firmware and navy sistem, what can I do to update it?
thanks a lot for your help
AD3B528E-7AFA-4838-A68E-A7BCFEB0C078.jpeg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi.. I need help.. i purchased a bundle package with the green menu, firmware and map update for South Africa.. the green menu and firmware loaded perfect but after the maps loaded the navigation is stuck on “Initializing navigation”. I made a mistake first time and loaded Hong Kong maps then I deleted and loaded SA maps and now I have the problem and the website upgrademyaudi won’t help.. does anyone here know what to do ? Please advise me
Thank you
54F64AD6-7099-4658-AEAB-82048BB7313C.jpeg

·
Registered
91 Posts
These are errors I'm getting when updating, i managed to get a 32gb sd hc card from my family, transfered 2019 maps to the card, inserted, it was read and towards the end of the update these errors came up, I have also posted the model I had before I proceeded with all the updates, I have been updating in the belief I have 3g+ not 3g high so been deleting the lit folders is this all correct. Other images I have attached are the check lists after update are these all correct? I'm not sure.
I know it's probably something I've done wrong but any helpful answers would be massively appreciated View attachment 177358 View attachment 177359 View attachment 177360 View attachment 177361 View attachment 177355 View attachment 177356 View attachment 177357
Hello, I would try to erase the map and start a clean installation, then activate all the indications on page 1., pdf.

Enviado desde mi SM-G975F mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am going to update the Firmware and then the Maps when firmware is updated on my Audi SQ5 2014 UK car.
It has the B & O sound system so i do not want to update the DSP system in case i get problems.
Can anyone tell me which folder to delete in the firmware folder please ?
Thank you.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Can anyone tell me which folder to delete in the firmware folder please ?
it is not a matter of leaving deleting a folder in the firmare.
you will have to read through this topic and you will find how to avoid updating B&O

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys - was trying to find question to this answer, but failed.
I have the following FW and MAP version, and wondering whether I need to do FW update, or it is enough to do map update 2019?

HN+_EU_AU3G_K0900
8R0060884DF ECE 6.22.4.

Thank you all!

Laszlo

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys - was trying to find question to this answer, but failed.
I have the following FW and MAP version, and wondering whether I need to do FW update, or it is enough to do map update 2019?

HN+_EU_AU3G_K0900
8R0060884DF ECE 6.22.4.

Thank you all!

Laszlo
Ok - I have updated everything, all look good.

It is written that we must use the correct activator version. The link in first comment is "6.22.4 Vlasoff maps activation", but the map is 6.28.2, is it going to be a problem?
Sorry for the dummy question.

Laszlo

·
Registered
5 Posts
Please ignore my previous post - I reflected on where I was overnight. I decided to Unpack the Map .rars using 7z again but this time direct to my 64Gb Extreme SDXC Class 10 card. I had previously extracted to my Windows 10 PC and then copied to my SD card. This was to eliminate this as an issue. Whilst the Instruction Manual says what to do when you need to deselect items for your Bose unit (this doesn't apply to me as I don't have Bose equipment or indeed Audi Connect/Sim Card Reader/Google Maps) it doesn't say how exactly you undertake a User Defined install. Yes of course it says how to enter this option (and with hindsight how to exit the Green menu before entering the Red Engineering menu) but not exactly how/what to select when the list of options presents itself. However after searching this thread I came across this: -

Perfect and massive thanks to @bpodnar for this! So I tried again and followed what @brpicture did and everything went very well. Whilst I did the Activation procedure, using the Aktivator from the top of this thread, I'm not sure I needed to do so as nothing happened when I inserted the SD Card. Unbelievably, my latest destinations have been retained and although I need to go out on the prerequisite drive to initialise the GPS, I have no doubt all went according to plan. I then ran Carista to diagnose any faults - I only had the "03276" fault code, which I had after I previously updated just over a year ago. Carista clears it but then it immediately reappears - I don't posses VCDS.

For those following my plight - I have a 2015 Audi Q5 with the MMI Navigation System plus system - Firmware HN+_EU_AUG3G_K0942_3 and have installed the 2020 Maps from the other forum referenced a few pages back - namely the 6.30.1 maps.

Thanks to all who have helped me :)
Hi Mate - did you use the Activator for 2020 which is in the first post? "6.22.4 Vlasoff maps activation"
Thanks,
Laszlo

·
Registered
24 Posts
So it seems it's not loading the map, have you tried to overwrite the map with the 2020 one?

You can do it from a FAT32 usb stick if you have the MMI Usb adapter without deleting anything from the map package
thanks mate i have ordered multiple new sd cards and usb sticks at 32gb all to arrive this weekend for another run at it. would it be anything wrong with the firmware that is stopping it?

·
Registered
24 Posts
i now have working sat nav! for anyone new to it, use new 32gb SD cards i first used a micro sd with adapter and that seems to what have initially caused my issues, i then after advice bought a full size 32gb SD card and transferred the files from the micro sd to the full size sd. this still didnt let it work and i was cursing my car and my update. i decided today to start from scratch for the 4th time. redownloaded the maps incase there was an error there. extracted and copied straight to the full size SD card and voila today it worked. not sure if the file issue was on the initial download, putting it on a micro sd then copying to a full sd etc but i am a happy guy now it all works. 4th time was a charm. thanks for all the help

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys,
I' dont want to bother you with silly questions but I prefer to ask to the experts before trying to make any dangerous modifications to my MMI...

I have a 2016 Audi S1 with MMI3G+ (double SD and SIM Slot):
  • HN+_EU_AU210_P0925
  • 8R0060884DF ECE 6.22.4
The questions:
  1. Is it necessary to upgrade the firmware to K0900 before updating the MAP to the latest 6.30.1?
  2. In MMI Setup options is already available a "System Update" function: can I use it to update the MAP (or firmware) instead of the "standard" procedure?
  3. If the firmware upgrade is not requested, after the MAP update is necessary to use the proper activator anyway?
Thank you so much!

...and sorry for my poor english...

3301 - 3320 of 3336 Posts