Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

3281 - 3300 of 3336 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry last one was meant to go to you
Hi,
you should extract the 2020 maps on a 32GB SD card and the content in the root of the SD Card should look like this:

Format the SD card prior copying with FAT32. If you have MMI 3GP, delete folders LIT1/LIT2/LIT3 (they are in the pkgdb folder) prior copying to SD Card, you don´t need them. Otherwise the content won´t fit on the SD Card.

Good luck

·
Registered
49 Posts
Is the card write protected ie have you pushed the little tab to lock the card? although it should read the card still if that was the case?

·
Registered
24 Posts
cheers guys, will try the above, i only have a 200gb sd card so i formatted it blank and created 31999mb partition at fat32, and im currently putting 2019 maps on that card instead of 2020. ill check all the above and if it still doesnt work order a specific 32gb class 10 card and try with that

·
Registered
24 Posts
so quick update, i got the card to be read correctly with 2019 maps, i entered green screen and activated the options suggested in user defined map update, maps started updating but towards the end two errors came up and said retry which didnt work so i clicked the skip. now the maps wont go past initialisation on the start up, removed the sd card. plugged the activator in and mmi rebooted and still no joy it wont initialise maps

·
Registered
417 Posts
Of course it won't. I do not understand people like you who instead of getting right 32gb SD card trying to do something stupid and go arround. Is a few dollars/euros for proper SD card such a big deal?

Get another 32gb SD HC card (standard format, DO NOT USE microSD with SD adapter) and copy the map files again (without LIT folders if you need 3g+ map or without LIT3gp folders if you need 3G high map). Turn the engine ON and reinstall the map.

Keep in mind that you have got these instructions for free.

·
Registered
49 Posts
cheers guys, will try the above, i only have a 200gb sd card so i formatted it blank and created 31999mb partition at fat32, and im currently putting 2019 maps on that card instead of 2020. ill check all the above and if it still doesnt work order a specific 32gb class 10 card and try with that
Deffinitely think you need to get a 32gb SD card pal and try again.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Of course it won't. I do not understand people like you who instead of getting right 32gb SD card trying to do something stupid and go arround. Is a few dollars/euros for proper SD card such a big deal?

Get another 32gb SD HC card (standard format, DO NOT USE microSD with SD adapter) and copy the map files again (without LIT folders if you need 3g+ map or without LIT3gp folders if you need 3G high map). Turn the engine ON and reinstall the map.

Keep in mind that you have got these instructions for free.
you seem nice

·
Registered
24 Posts
These are errors I'm getting when updating, i managed to get a 32gb sd hc card from my family, transfered 2019 maps to the card, inserted, it was read and towards the end of the update these errors came up, I have also posted the model I had before I proceeded with all the updates, I have been updating in the belief I have 3g+ not 3g high so been deleting the lit folders is this all correct. Other images I have attached are the check lists after update are these all correct? I'm not sure.
I know it's probably something I've done wrong but any helpful answers would be massively appreciated

·
Registered
417 Posts
First you have to update MMI firmware to K0900 then go to green menu and erase Nav database and HDD partition and at last update maps. If you have BOSE sound then before firmware update you have to enter green menu and tick User defined mode under SWDL menu so you can to skip manually the BOSE update. After you ticked user defined mode exit with Radio key, do not reset mmi because it will turn off User defined mode. When you update firmware then go to green menu again and tick user defined mode again, exit with radio key, enter map update. Choose user defined mode in map update, scroll to Audi mmi 3g ECE option and look if there is ? mark on the right. If yes enter there and in every option with N or S on the right tick box on Application, bootloader leave empty as is. Now you have Y on the right of audi mmi 3g ece. Finally start map update and after 1.5h is done. Eject all other mediums if inserted (SD, cd, dvd)

·
Registered
24 Posts
First you have to update MMI firmware to K0900 then go to green menu and erase Nav database and HDD partition and at last update maps. If you have BOSE sound then before firmware update you have to enter green menu and tick User defined mode under SWDL menu so you can to skip manually the BOSE update. After you ticked user defined mode exit with Radio key, do not reset mmi because it will turn off User defined mode. When you update firmware then go to green menu again and tick user defined mode again, exit with radio key, enter map update. Choose user defined mode in map update, scroll to Audi mmi 3g ECE option and look if there is ? mark on the right. If yes enter there and in every option with N or S on the right tick box on Application, bootloader leave empty as is. Now you have Y on the right of audi mmi 3g ece. Finally start map update and after 1.5h is done. Eject all other mediums if inserted (SD, cd, dvd)
Ahhh so going to firmware 942 not 900 was where my mistake started

·
Registered
417 Posts
You can update to k0942, but according to my experiences k0900 is generally better because it is cumulative update and k0942 is with new SDS commands on few more languages nothing else.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone.
. I have a 3GI HIGH mmi, I have followed all the instructions on the forum and have updated the firmware and maps to the latest version:
  • HNAV_K0257
  • Map 6.30.1
But I have a problem with the activator, I have never updated the maps before and the activators at the beginning of the forum do not work for this version (they do not start automatically when inserting the SD)

Could anyone help me? I need an activator that works with these maps.
Thank you

·
Registered
24 Posts
So followed the manual and this step by step, did everything with leaving enough time for it all to work not rushing, went back to k900 firmware, removed all old nav maps and database using green screen, installed maps 2019 from file on page 1. Removed the 3 lit files suggested to fit all the maps on the 32gb sd card. And installed all with user defined mode. Still had the two error screens I put up previously when maps finished installing. Mmi rebooted, inserted activator and mmi rebooted itself, and now the nav is not going past this screen below. I'm at a loss so any help would be appreciated. All other aspects of firmware etc working fine.

Attachments

3281 - 3300 of 3336 Posts