3241 - 3260 of 3331 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
you are in the wrong topic.
read this topic, starting a post # 1

you are in the wrong topic.
read this topic, starting a post # 1

perfect thank you very much for that mate! Still tryna get my head round the 3G/3G+ differences but think I’ve got it now aha

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Rozel, Here is what I did a week ago (A6 BiTdi 2012 MMI3GP): Deleted old navi database. Green menu after. User defined install. Started installing the new 2020 maps as user defined, because nearly everything was greyed out before, when I tried to install it as Standard I just clicked most of the options, then let the installation commence. I had to use the activator after this, despite that I already had activated maps from my map upgrade I did in 2018. I used the maps I found on another forum, in a link pointing towards it a few pages back here in this thread. I had Google working straight away this time, previously (2018)I couldn't start it after the map install, therefore I reinstalled at that time the firmware part of Google maps again as a user defined install with nothing but the google maps checked. Hope this helps...
Hi again - I have encountered a problem. So I deleted the old database, re-entered the Green menu to select User Defined Mode - exited without rebooting, I think, but once I had got to the stage in the red engineering menu, to "select" everything to update, I can't. All the entries are on "N/A" and when I get to the point where I can select something, it will not "select". I tried a Standard Update but it's the same thing - every entry says "N/A" and no entry cannot be selected to change. Thinking I was still in User Defined Mode, I exited the red menu using the 3-button press and after everything initialised, I looked again in "swl" (in the green menu) and saw that it had been deselected somehow - presumably because the 3-press reboots the mmi and the original User Defined Mode selection was automatically deselected.

So I don't exactly know what to do next. I'm stuck with no nav, having deleted the database. How do you exit the green menu once User Defined Mode has been selected? In the guide on page 1 of this thread, when indicating how to deselect B&O entries (not applicable to me) it says exit the green menu without rebooting the mmi - how? Just by pressing radio, nav, media or telephone? I might have inadvertently rebooted the mmi by using the 3-button press to then enter the red engineering menu. Is this something to do with my issue?

I'm confused and need help please. Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have an A5 2015 2.0 tfsi quattro NMI 3GP successfully firmware updated to latest "HN+_EU_AU3G_K_0942 - Stock firmware".

Now I'm ready to update map version, I've downladed all the files from Mega and then unzipped them, but I only have PKGBD folder nor NMI3G, NMI3GP,build1,config.nfm, DBInfo.txt and metainfo.txt files/folders so I don't know if I really need them or only with pkgbd folder will I can safetly update map version.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
13 Posts
Please ignore my previous post - I reflected on where I was overnight. I decided to Unpack the Map .rars using 7z again but this time direct to my 64Gb Extreme SDXC Class 10 card. I had previously extracted to my Windows 10 PC and then copied to my SD card. This was to eliminate this as an issue. Whilst the Instruction Manual says what to do when you need to deselect items for your Bose unit (this doesn't apply to me as I don't have Bose equipment or indeed Audi Connect/Sim Card Reader/Google Maps) it doesn't say how exactly you undertake a User Defined install. Yes of course it says how to enter this option (and with hindsight how to exit the Green menu before entering the Red Engineering menu) but not exactly how/what to select when the list of options presents itself. However after searching this thread I came across this: -
Just to make it clear, go to green menu and scroll to SWDL option, mark user defined mode and exit with radio key. Then go to update menu, choose user defined and then enter Audi mmi ece and tick Aplicaton every option. DO NOT TOUCH BOOTLOADER, leave it empty as it is. Go back and start update
Perfect and massive thanks to @bpodnar for this! So I tried again and followed what @brpicture did and everything went very well. Whilst I did the Activation procedure, using the Aktivator from the top of this thread, I'm not sure I needed to do so as nothing happened when I inserted the SD Card. Unbelievably, my latest destinations have been retained and although I need to go out on the prerequisite drive to initialise the GPS, I have no doubt all went according to plan. I then ran Carista to diagnose any faults - I only had the "03276" fault code, which I had after I previously updated just over a year ago. Carista clears it but then it immediately reappears - I don't posses VCDS.

For those following my plight - I have a 2015 Audi Q5 with the MMI Navigation System plus system - Firmware HN+_EU_AUG3G_K0942_3 and have installed the 2020 Maps from the other forum referenced a few pages back - namely the 6.30.1 maps.

Thanks to all who have helped me :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
[/QUOTE]
I have just done everything the right way but it gives me errors. Can you please give me a detailed description to do it again the right way. Thank you in advance.
I have atteched the version in this mail.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have updated my mmi to Firmware from HN+_EU_AU3G_K_0900 to HN + _EU_AUG3G_K0942
the map from 2017 to 2019.
Everything is working, exept TMC and TP, it does not work any longer.
TP in higlighted but there is no information.

Does anyone have an idea what can be wrong ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone
I’m sorry to ask this question but after seeing 163 pages on this thread I’m a little stuck on just how to update my MMI
I started to follow the instructions from the first page but im not sure if I was going wrong for a few reasons
1 i have an Apple computer running bootcamp with windows 10 on a second partition, is this ok or must I have a windows computer?
2 i used a 128gb micro SD card with SD card adapter to copy the files onto (not sure if 32gb or 64gb are the maximum to be used)
3 when the files were downloaded, not sure exactly what outcome I should get when extracting the 6 files
don't think I was getting any success or the correct outcome

my current system is
Media version:
HN+_EU_AU3G_K0942_3
this I believe to be the most up to date, as the car was recently in my local Audi dealership having an MMI fault sorted out and they informed me they had carried out an MMI update

Nav. database version:
8R0060884CR ECE 6.21.2
this I know isn’t the latest maps 6.30.1 is and what I’d like to have help with updating

im not a novice when it comes to technical things, I’m usually quite good at picking things up if the instructions are reasonably straight forward to follow. I have VCDS and have easily use that to mod my car/settings so that’s why I am wanting to take on this map upgrade myself

if anyone can help point me in the right direction, their assistance would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
13 Posts
Best advice anyone can give you is read the first post and and read and understand the Instruction Manual until it's I planted on your brain. Nothing too difficult, it is just a question of understanding the steps carefully.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
1 i have an Apple computer running bootcamp with windows 10 on a second partition, is this ok or must I have a windows computer?
this would work

2 i used a 128gb micro SD card with SD card adapter to copy the files onto (not sure if 32gb or 64gb are the maximum to be used)
wrong !!
don't use a micro SD card.
on a pré-facelift B8, you must use a 32 GB SD-card with type SDHC

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello guys,

After upgrading firmware to HN+_EU_AU3G_K_0942 and maps to 6.29.1 i have the known "03175 - Invalid Data Set" error code. I tried the method with subtracting and adding 1 in green menu car->carmenuoperation and suggested actions from that video
but without luck.

Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
4,469 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Dear All,

I would like to run a script from a CD-ROM. Not able to use the SD card slot.

How can I mount the root directory of the CD ROM?

"
#!/bin/ksh
cdrom =ls /mnt|grep ????????

"

Thank you!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good evening. For an Audi A6 with
Media version:
HN + R_EU_AU_P0532
Nav. database version:
8R0060884AH ECE 5.13.8
is this firmware good? Does it already have the green menu activated and the rest as the title says?
Can I update directly to K942?
Modified firmware k942 - Green Menu enabled / User Defined Mode / No Sound systems from post#1
Can I have problems with the audio system? I don't know if it has Bose or B & O. Can you help me? Sorry, but I use Translate.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Another Good Update.

A5 B8.5 MY2013.
4th time I've Updated, this time to 6.30.1
Updated using @homarc instructions from first post (again)
Firmware not updated (it is 900), activation not needed.
No issues, only error the s/w version management code, as usual, and cleared as per instructions.
A very short drive to get GPS location precise.

Only one question....I have the car connected to a battery charger while it is updating.
I leave the key in the ignition (but ignition is not ON)
Does the key need to be in?
I ask as I sit in the car reading a book while the 1.5hr update happens, as I can't leave the car with the key in it!!!!
But, do I need the key in, or can I just start the update and then me (and the key) go inside for an hour?
I was concerned there might be a auto turn off after an hour or something which might be bad??

Cheers all,

Kev.

·
Registered
13 Posts
A good question @Kevblack and one I have been wondering about also. I thought the ignition had to be on though and I update with engine running throughout the update procedure, mines a deisel 2015 Q5. I read the news or watch BBC iPlayer/Sky Go on my tablet lol - 1.5 hours soon passes however as you always have one eye on the progress, just in case something occurs.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Buenos días, tengo el nuevo mapa en la PC, espacio 29.1, pero en la SD no cabe, ¿debo eliminar más archivos? (encendido / 2/3).
Gracias ..........

I reply ... with another sd without problem.****

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have updated my mmi to Firmware from HN+_EU_AU3G_K_0900 to HN + _EU_AUG3G_K0942
the map from 2017 to 2019.
Everything is working, exept TMC and TP, it does not work any longer.
TP in higlighted but there is no information.

Does anyone have an idea what can be wrong ?
check with vcds the 5f modul, adaptation 69 the valid number is 15.
with this setting must be work the TMC

3241 - 3260 of 3331 Posts