Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

3221 - 3240 of 3336 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everyone, stupid question:

During firmware update at the initial stage in standard mode 95% of the modules are marked N and one as S the rest is Y or N/A...
If I check all options to Y apart from the Bose components, is there any chance that I do something wrong? My assumption is that if a component is missing from my car, the upgrade will skip it ? Or is there a list of what folder in the firmware update means which component ? Would be nice to know what to check, like GEMMI for Google maps, etc...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just registered to say thank you to @congo. Audi SQ5 2014 with B&O

Was firmware P0782 with MAPS 6.19.3
Now firmware K942_3 with MAPS 6.28.2

Took my time reading the original post.

Installed the Mega Sync/Windows 10 App and downloaded the maps - takes ages took like a couple of days to do map pack (23GB compressed) if you don't want to pay for megasync! do the firmware/activator/green menu 1st!
Used a 16GB SD Card for the green menu activator (have to do this after every reboot/engine off-start up).
Used 32GB Card for the firmware - did the user defined tick green menu, then engineer menu updated firmware on the defaults
Used 64GB USB Stick (Formatted FAT32 (32)) with full map expansion unzipped on to it! this is a very slow process! took about 20mins to copy even to a usb stick which is faster than a memory card. I have the MMI to USB adaptor.

1st Green Menu/Engineer Menu tested i knew what i was doing
2nd Firmware updated fine
3rd MAPS updated - Took nearly an hour and half to do! but did it, looked like it was working and then "no data" came up.
4th Cleared off the 32GB card from the firmware and copied the map activator (make sure you label it ACTIVATION). Put in SD1 left for 2mins and it rebooted itself. Didn't tell me what it was doing.
MAPS then worked.

Notes: I have the B&O and throughout it all i never had in the updates anything called BO/BOSE or relating to B&O that i could see to deselect. I changed none of the Y/N left on defaults assuming it would pick the updates if they were needed - Assumed correct as it all works. Also once finished take your car for a good thrashing, sat idling for a few hours my DPF filter light came on - lol put in dynamic/sport and used manual to leave in gears longer soon cleared it off.

Not the easiest update for a noob to complete; but take your time read the instructions and it is achievable, oh another note i used youtube a few times watching people do it, as getting in to the engineer and green menu is different from car to car. mine being a Menu/Back/Car mix up. I have seen 6.30.1 is released wont be rushing to find it as boy it takes ages to the above. However as you are reading this you are doing it to save the £££ a dealer would charge you.

Next MOD is
Stop the car from beeping when you open the door with the key in the ignition (yes can press reset to stop it once)
Google Maps << anyone know how to get this activated in the maps
Apple Car Play << seems to be do able but pricey

Anyone got any advice on them please DM me. Much Appreciated and once again thank you Congo.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

HN+_US_UA3G_K0942_3 -->> HN+_EU_AU3G_K0942_3 + modified EEPROM - Languages EU version (upgrademyaudi.net) = NO DISPLAY MMI TEXT MENU :(
What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Next MOD is
Stop the car from beeping when you open the door with the key in the ignition (yes can press reset to stop it once)
Google Maps << anyone know how to get this activated in the maps
Apple Car Play << seems to be do able but pricey

Anyone got any advice on them please DM me. Much Appreciated and once again thank you Congo.
Google maps will be already installed on there, you may have to reinstall the last firmware again and google maps will appear in the maps selection where you pick 2d, 3d and so on.
Also for google maps you require a sim card in the slot between the sd card slots.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi all - Just over a year ago, I successfully updated my Navigation Maps to 6.28.2 having followed the instructions by @congo on here - brilliant! Took me ages to carefully read everything to make sure I was doing everything correctly but the update went very smoothly. I didn't have to update my Firmware as I was already using HN+_EU_AUG3G_K0942_3 and having "Carista" and familiar with its use, I invoked the "green Menu" using that. My car is a 2015 Audi Q5, with Navigation Plus.

I would now like to update the Maps once more and have a couple of questions if I may please: -

1. I had downloaded the 6.29.1 maps but now I see that the 2020 maps are available (6.30.1) - is it just a matter of using those maps with the instructions at the top of this thread?
2. Is the update process exactly the same as before and will I need to use the Aktivator(s) once again - if so which one(s)?

Thanks

·
Registered
133 Posts
1 Yes. Install 6.30.1 over the top of existing map with custom install option.
2 Not required as already activated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
1 Yes. Install 6.30.1 over the top of existing map with custom install option.
2 Not required as already activated.
Sorry to come back - I have re-read the manual from the top of this thread as I'd assumed it incuded instructions for a "custom install" as you recommend me to do. Can I assume Custom Install = User-Defined option? If so do I have to select User Defined Mode in the Green Menu first to enable this option to allow this type of update in the Engineering Menu? I ask this because I've seen photos where you only get the option to update using the Standard option, the User-Defined option is greyed out. If I'm correct, once I have selected User Defined option in the Engineering Menu, what happens next? What will I be faced with to select or deselct etc.?

I'm reluctant to try and see in case I mess up as this method of Update is new to me.

Thanks again in anticipation of your help

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Rozel, Here is what I did a week ago (A6 BiTdi 2012 MMI3GP): Deleted old navi database. Green menu after. User defined install. Started installing the new 2020 maps as user defined, because nearly everything was greyed out before, when I tried to install it as Standard I just clicked most of the options, then let the installation commence. I had to use the activator after this, despite that I already had activated maps from my map upgrade I did in 2018. I used the maps I found on another forum, in a link pointing towards it a few pages back here in this thread. I had Google working straight away this time, previously (2018)I couldn't start it after the map install, therefore I reinstalled at that time the firmware part of Google maps again as a user defined install with nothing but the google maps checked. Hope this helps...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes thanks. I have already downloaded the 2020 maps and placed the files on a 64gb Fat32 formatted SD card - I'm ready to go! So, in Green Menu l delete navi database and partition? Then click on User Define Mode, before entering Engineering menu and install in User Define option? Is that correct? Then I'll see if I need to Activate. Which Aktivator(s) did you use? The one(s) at the top of this thread or the ones supplied in the other forum?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Brilliant, thank you again. Just to be 100% sure though, did you delete the Partition as well as the navi database?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys sorry for bringing up an old thread again, I’m having trouble finding the correct firmware and map update, are any of these on here suitable for my car? And do I need separate activation files or just one SD and it’s done? Thank you in advance! Version info below

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
I’m having trouble finding the correct firmware and map update
you are in the wrong topic.
read this topic, starting a post # 1

3221 - 3240 of 3336 Posts