Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

3201 - 3220 of 3412 Posts

·
4,507 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello
I am searching through the thread but I cannot find the similar issue i am having. I am trying to convert mmi 3g plus NA to EU and I have found some information through different threads here and other forums. Can I just go the green menu activation and enable ignore region and variant and then change the region to EU. After that is just left to update the navigation maps? Thanks in advance!

·
4,507 Posts
Can I just go the green menu activation and enable ignore region and variant and then change the region to EU.
no, you cannot !!!
there is an EPROM which has to be modified, etc.etc.
it is the topic, don't know where exactly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
no, you cannot !!!
there is an EPROM which has to be modified, etc.etc.
it is the topic, don't know where exactly.

Because here I found that there is a way to place european maps in a US mmi without modifying the EEPROM. I am not sure I am just asking here the experts hahahaha. Thanks again for the information.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everyone,

I was advised by my mechanic to reinstall the firmware on my 2012a6c7 to possibly solve a misterious GPS displacement error which in turn also affects my ACC (radar alignment is fine). Currently I have K942_4, and some 2018 maps. I have seen newer firmware P1001, which I read somewhere that might also be needed for newer(2020) maps to install properly. I cannot find proper changelog and/or firmware version history, Could anyone tell me what happened firmware release vise after 942_4 please? (and is something newer than 942 needed for the 2020 maps ?)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello there !!

2014 A7
MMI 3G+ no stereo
Got the car from US with HN+R_US_AU_P0814, MU software 0902
Upgraded to EU software HN+R_EU_AU_K0942.

Generally all went perfect, which makes huge thanks for thread owners !!
Though, lost the letters due to the fact not completing eeprom conversion to EU language.
MMI works, but symbols are visible only, no text, mostly blind.
Green menu enabled and working. Unit not bricked.

Anyone who could assist on fixing the issue either completing the eeprom convert kindly asking to pm.

Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello there !!

2014 A7
MMI 3G+ no stereo
Got the car from US with HN+R_US_AU_P0814, MU software 0902
Upgraded to EU software HN+R_EU_AU_K0942.

Generally all went perfect, which makes huge thanks for thread owners !!
Though, lost the letters due to the fact not completing eeprom conversion to EU language.
MMI works, but symbols are visible only, no text, mostly blind.
Green menu enabled and working. Unit not bricked.

Anyone who could assist on fixing the issue either completing the eeprom convert kindly asking to pm.

Thanks
Hi,

I can send you a script to update the EU menu text.

Kind regards,

·
Banned
4 Posts
Hello, sorry for question, but i have an audi a6 c7 2012 with mmi HN+R_EU_AU_P0467 with rear cam, and 2 SD card but, NO sound systems, NO usb, NO SIM. Can i use this firmware update, map and activator ?

"• HN+R_EU_AU_K0942 Modified firmware - Green Menu enabled / User Defined Mode / No Sound systems"

Thanks thanks thanks very much
Yavuz from France

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello, sorry for question, but i have an audi a6 c7 2012 with mmi HN+R_EU_AU_P0467 with rear cam, and 2 SD card but, NO sound systems, NO usb, NO SIM. Can i use this firmware update, map and activator ?

"• HN+R_EU_AU_K0942 Modified firmware - Green Menu enabled / User Defined Mode / No Sound systems"

Thanks thanks thanks very much
Yavuz from France
Yes, you can.

3201 - 3220 of 3412 Posts