Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 S5 Coupe
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the S5 serviced by my indi and they have reported the rear offside shock as misting. Prob not a MOT failure yet, but will need sorting out in the near future.

As this is common, what have others done?

I can of course replace with Audi OEM, but that just seems boring. I have std shocks so not the dynamic ones, so is this a opportunity to retrofit dynamic suspension, or is that just too hard to do?

The other option is to go to coilovers, and I have started looking at this, but the price range goes from £500 to £2k, is this worth it, will it spoil the ride?

Off topic, leaving the garage there was a RS5 on my arse (test driven by the mechanic I think) and we both gave it beans down the dual carriageway and through the roundabouts.... Let's just say it was very evenly matched ;) pleased with my remap

·
Registered
2015 S5 Coupe
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yeah was referring to the Audi dynamic system.

To be fair I like the current spots suspension on the S5, not much body roll and not overly firm that it's uncomfortable.

Really was just wondering if there were any real benefits to coil overs. I guess 10-20mm drop would fill the arches a bit better, but I am not sure if it will be too harsh.

I don't track the car so don't really need it, but it is a opportunity for a cheeky upgrade, but equally happy to stay standard.

·
Registered
2015 S5 Coupe
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks for the replies, I should probably try and get a ride in a car that has coil overs. I'm not sure I'm willing to compromise the ride quality for handling, especially as I am more than happy with it as it is.

Would you even be able to benefit from the improved handling on UK roads? I guess yes on track days, but this is not something that I indulge in.

Hmmm choices.

Any idea on cost of the OEM shocks?

·
Registered
2015 S5 Coupe
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Dippy. I think I have come to the conclusion to replace with OEM. I don't want to lower it and don't really need the extra handling. I'll get a quote and see what replacements will be.

Out of interest, are the rears hard to do on the driveway?

·
Registered
2015 S5 Coupe
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So, just had a quote back from my indi, and £390 fitted for the OEM shocks.

Still undecided as I would like a small drop in height and coilovers are cool bragging rights 😂 😂 😂

1 - 5 of 5 Posts