Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to this so apologies if it has come up before.
I have just bought a 2019 coupe black edition with the comfort & sound pack i.e. the B&O sound system...the Audi code for the package is 9VS.
On closer inspection of the car when I got it home I found that there are two woofer speaker covers on the rear parcel shelf that are visible from inside the car; but when you open the boot to look at the actual speakers there is only one speaker on the passenger side and an empty hole on the drivers side.
Is this right?..would Audi really have put a dummy speaker on the rear shelf or have I actually got a missing speaker?
Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I believe this is pretty standard, I dont think you have a sub missing. Mine is the same. I have read that if you replace your sub there is only limited power to drive it, so logically there is probably not the power to drive 2 subs. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just putting this out one more time to see if anyone else can confirm for me please...
I have a 2019 coupe black edition with the comfort & sound pack (B&O System)
It has two speaker 'covers' on the rear parcel shelf, but only one of these has a speaker in it when viewed from the boot.
The info I can find online says it should come with 15 speakers, I can only find 14.
To add to the confusion...
1. The audi dealer I bought it from said it should only have one and a dummy.
2. But my local dealer parts departmenet checked using my Reg. no. and they said it should have THREE in the parcel shelf!
It seems Nigel only has one...does anyone else know if there should be one, two or three speakers in the rear parcel shelf on this upgraded system?

Thanks.

·
Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
889 Posts
Can confirm it’s one subwoofer! one the left side of the parcel shelf (if you’re looking into the boot from behind) that’s bang and olufsen upgraded speakers.

lots of people who are audiophiles generally say it’s not that great, compared to standard speakers it’s got better tonals and less distortion on bassier music.

if you really want a sound upgraded, lots of people have opted to install an amp and aftermarket subwoofer and or sound proofing with upgraded speakers all round.

~Alex

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alex/Nigel
Thanks loads for both confirming...I'm satisfied that I don't have one missing now (or two missing according tothe parts guy!).
Thanks for your help guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts