Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went to the dealer today to mention that I was missing the cargo net in the boot (I had the stainless steel hooks in each corner). The dealer agreed it should be there and have ordered one for me.

Some of you have mentioned you havent got yours either so you may want to do the same.

Also, some of you mentioned that you havent got bag hooks in the boot, or the warning triangle (under the boot lid) or first aid kit (in the rear armrest). So you may want to check with your dealer where they are.

Speaking of possible missing things, the demo car I drove had two flasks in the cup holders for the rear seats (the lower cup holders, not the armrest ones). They didnt come with mine. Has anyone else been supplied flasks or are they are hidden option somewhere?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Thermos type flasks? :confused:

·
Registered
89 Posts
I didn't get a cargo net in mine either. It was the showroom car so it may have been removed. I did get a ski bag though which I think is a standard offering. I there a list of exactly what is standard in an S5 (including small items like the cargo net etc) ?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Doesn't the cargo net come with the storage pack (UK = £175 option), along with underseat trays, extra bag hooks in the boot, cup holders in the rear armrests, nets on the back of the seats and an extra 12v socket in the boot? At least that's how it was with my previous A6. If you don't have the storage pack option I don't think you should have a cargo net. As for whisky (note, no 'e') filled flasks - I ain't seen the Johnie Walker option!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yes, a very pretty website. Whisky is whisky - a man's drink. Whiskey, on the other hand is a metro-sexual drink, where the 'e' stands for effeminate. :D

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Except in Manhattans (Maker's Mark), I don't drink it. So, I'll just have to take your word for that! This just goes to show that flasks have no place in cars or car threads!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The flasks in the demo were round plastic flasks that fitted the ground level cup holders. The colour and feel of plastic was identical to the car trim. They were school lunchbox size but with better quality plastic and appearance. i.e. no picture of Doctor Who ;)

Pignpoo, Robinsons have ordered me the cargo net. If you look in your boot and you have the four stainless steel hooks in each corner then you should have the cargo net. If you dont have the stainless steel hooks then you shouldnt have the cargo net.

I was interested in the flasks as they were a perfect fit for the cup holder and ideal for those of us with children who do the long drives where drinks are likely to be needed. Better to have a flask that fits rather than cup/bottle/tin which doesnt have a lid and doesnt quite fit and could fall over.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Pignpoo, Robinsons have ordered me the cargo net. If you look in your boot and you have the four stainless steel hooks in each corner then you should have the cargo net. If you dont have the stainless steel hooks then you shouldnt have the cargo net.

QUOTE]

Doubledoom,
I have 4 swivel chrome plated loops, one at each cormer of the boot floor,do you mean these. Also I have front seat back nets. These are standard S5 items. I do not have the rear mugs or net. Do you think I should have them?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks DD, I shall get onto the dealer as a cargo net would come in very handy. (I do have the 4 stainless steel hooks - I just assumed they were solely for the ski bag clips).

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have 4 swivel chrome plated loops, one at each cormer of the boot floor,do you mean these. Also I have front seat back nets. These are standard S5 items. I do not have the rear mugs or net. Do you think I should have them?
Chrome/stainless steel.... I hadnt looked that closely, but yes, if you have those they are to hold the cargo net.

If you still have the UK spec guide from July, there is a picture on page 31 of the cargo net and the hooks it connects to.

The storage nets on the back of the front seats are part of the storage pack and as far as I can tell, the cargo net goes with that.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Heheh...I8TQB4IP...just busted out my bottle of Maker's Mark for a Manhattan and, sure enough, "Whisky"! Does that mean I can drink it in good conscience? ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anyone have a part number which can be used to order the cargo net in the US???

Thanks,
ml

·
Registered
275 Posts
Anyone have a part number which can be used to order the cargo net in the US???

Thanks,
ml
Don't know the part number, but I found one on ebay for $12.

I typed something like Audi cargo net - they are all fairly standard and stretchable. Works fine.

I can't imagine what Audi's price would be.....

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I can't imagine what Audi's price would be.....
Free if you didnt get it and ordered the storage pack as an option.

If you dont have it and didnt order the storage pack then you shouldnt have the bolt/hooks in the boot to attach the cargo net to. In which case, purchasing it would be a bit of a waste.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Free if you didnt get it and ordered the storage pack as an option.

If you dont have it and didnt order the storage pack then you shouldnt have the bolt/hooks in the boot to attach the cargo net to. In which case, purchasing it would be a bit of a waste.
I did not order the storage pack but have the rear seat nets and boot chrome loops, as I believe they are standard in the UK. I do not think I am entitled to the cargo net free of charge.
Did you order the storage pack on yours then?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Right, I have had word with my dealer and the cargo net only comes with the storage pack (£175). The pack also comes with cargo nets on the back of the front seats (I have them), cup holders in the rear armrest (I have them), a storage compartment under the front seats (just passenger seat if you have memory seats), lockable glove compartment, 12V socket in the boot and hooks at each corner of the boot (got them too).

So, for £175 I could have got the 12V socket, a lock for the glove box, a storage box under the front seat and, of course, the cargo net. Not sure its worth the extra dosh.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts