Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since FIS-Control MMI gave me the option to have multiple lists, one of them has been to monitor misfires. I have assumed that the occasional misfire is normal, and after 6.5 years my total is now 200. However there were 3 on my last journey and I think they are getting more common so I'll get the plugs changed at the next service. But I was wondering if anyone else has checked their misfire counts?

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
Blimey mate of course not hahahahaha. New plugs needed methinks?????

·
Registered
Audi S5 Black Edition Mrc Stage 2
451 Posts
I don't recall any misfires on my S5,and wouldn't know how to check,but I have changed the plugs twice in 3.5 years.

·
Registered
Audi S5 sportback
306 Posts
Last time I checked for misfires was prob last year but had none

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BTW I was referring to the total count, not the misfires per 1000rpm.

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
Dippy when you change the plugs its perhaps also worth investing in a new set of plug caps and leads?? Over time these can break down and become less efficient. When the Japanese launched their first 4 cylinder engines they had metal plug caps so as soon as it rained the outer two cylinders started to er stop!!!!

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I'll have to get this on my FIS!, Haven't actually done a miss fire count on mine. I changed my plugs for Iridiums at 42k miles.

They do say a tuned car will wear plugs more and reduce the normal service interval of 55k miles, but it does also depend if you use the extra power on a regular basis.

Been too busy keeping an eye on my low IATs after installing the extra heat exchange! They go down to 25 degrees now! Must get a little thread together on it! Not really been on here lately. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts