Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tinted their car with a mirror tint instead of straight black? Im debating about tinting my white audi s5 with mirror tint intead of black. Any comments?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Huge No.

unless you put gold-120-spoke wire rims, neon under the body, and a huge bolt-on spoiler...

Hmmm...yep, that would do it. :D

Just kidding...but you get the point.

·
Registered
536 Posts
What is a mirror tint? Is like a tint on ur windows that is extremely reflective like the lenses in some aviator style sunglasses? Can you post a pic as an example? thanks

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
What is a mirror tint?
The outside reflection of the tint is silver instead of a smoke color like the majority of car window tints.

·
Registered
750 Posts
What is a mirror tint? Is like a tint on ur windows that is extremely reflective like the lenses in some aviator style sunglasses? Can you post a pic as an example? thanks
mirror reflective (from the outside), like the aviator sunglasses example you gave

·
Registered
536 Posts
Thanks...

I would guess that there are only 2 types of people who drive cars with mirrored tints: drug dealers/drug users, and soccer moms who don't want to be pulled over/ticketed for talking on their cell phones while driving, lol.

On a more serious note, I am pretty sure mirrored tints on the front, front sides and rear windows are illegal in every state, so you would probably end up with lots of tickets/harassment from the cops.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mirror tint is not appropriate on an S5-rather ghetto IMO.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the Input

Mirror tint is not appropriate on an S5-rather ghetto IMO.
Thanks for the input. I just didnt know if anyone had any pics with mirror tint. I dont know how it would look but figured I'd ask.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I don't think it looks ghetto... but I think it only looks good on silver cars.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Don't do it

When my tint guy did my S5, he told me that mirror tint (which is actually 'metallic film' instead of carbon or ceramic) is a big no-no for Audi's because it interferes with the electronics of the car--and in general will kill your cell phone signal.

Stick with something more classy. :)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
When my tint guy did my S5, he told me that mirror tint (which is actually 'metallic film' instead of carbon or ceramic) is a big no-no for Audi's because it interferes with the electronics of the car--and in general will kill your cell phone signal.

Stick with something more classy. :)

Yes, but only if you don't have/use phone preparation with external anthena, it means also no bluetooth conection.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts