Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About two weeks ago I ordered a Milltek Non-Resonated exhaust from Stratmosphere. The people at stratmosphere were very accomodating. I had the exhaust put on about a week ago and it sounds amazing. I listened to a lot of audio clips and it sounds to be the most promising exhaust yet for the Audi S5 and no I'm not just saying that because I had it put on my car. If you have a stock Audi S5, I strongly recommend putting an exhaust on the car because I gained approximately 15-20 bhp and the car just sounds amazing. Every tech at my Audi dealership came out to hear the car after the exhaust and said it was probably the best investment that I could have made on the car. I plan to get some audio of the exhaust up on youtube soon and I will post a link ASAP. I did have some short audio already recorded but I didnt have a full launch and so it doesnt do the exhaust justice. I will try to post within the next day or two.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Very nice. I wish I could hear an AWE exhaust vs. a Milltek exhaust side to side in person, as I am having troubble deciding, but I think I will end up getting the AWE. Anyways, do you actually feel any performance gains? I was hoping that with an exhaust, chip and cold air intake, I could gain almost 50 HP, so I will end up with a 400 HP S5 that still keeps the factory warrenty.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
J0nes02, could you update your profile with your location please? I'm guessing your in the US? Looking forward to hearing/seeing the clips when you get them up. I have to admit the resonated version does queiten down a bit with use although it still delivers the kind of aural pleasure I was after without being OTT. I imagine the non-res delivers a wholly different proposition!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
does anybody know if anyone has made or will make a exhaust for the A5 3.2 yet?
I contacted Milltek about a month ago to inquire when/if they would be coming out with an exhaust for the 3.2 petrol engine. They advised they were planning to and were targeting sometime in September. They first needed to get their hands on a 3.2 petrol for fitment and testing. I'm planning to get one, so I'm keeping an eye out for its release. As soon as I hear some updated info on its release, I'll certainly post it on the forum.

Eisenmann Performance supposedly makes one for the 3.2 petrol, but I have yet to hear a video clip or find an A5 owner who's actually installed it. One thing to note is that their exhaust only comes with quad tips, so that means you'd have to install a new rear diffuser allowing the quad tips to fit, which I'm not wanting to do. (See this thread for details.)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes I am located in the US. Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I actually do feel power gains. The car seems to have much more torque. As I had mentioned previously, Milltek told me that I should see a gain in horsepower anywhere from 15-20. I don't think that a cold air intake will do much for this car because the intake on this car is already quite good and brings in more air than it needs. I spoke with a mod shop for audi and they stated they could make a cold air intake for the car but it wouldnt further advance the performance of the car, so they could make one if they just wanted to make money on the customer, but they wont because they are purely interested in producing only mods that would enhance the performance. A chip would probably increase horsepower quite a bit, but a chip would throw the warranty right out the window.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wow $2500 for the Eisenmann exhaust. My friend had a Eisenmann exhaust on his Benz, it sounded really nice. Deep roar but not too much, and really quiet when regular driving it. I dont think he paid 2500 for it though. Your right TXcarguy, I really would like to hear the exhaust in a video, and wouldnt want to go to the trouble of installing a new bumper and diffuser.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry for the wait

I should get some vids up this weekend. The weather hasnt been too cooperative. This weekend its supposed to be nice, so I should be able to get some video uploaded. The only clip I had gotten up was a crappy clip of me just revving the RPMs a little, which doesnt do the exhaust much justice. I plan on getting a clip of me launching the car and going through the gears, which should show how the exhaust really sounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do72h4TIC_Y

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi J0nes02,

My Milltek system is on the way! May I ask how the exhaust fitment is? Did you have any problems when installing the system? Your help would greatly be appreciated, thank you. CasualOG

·
Registered
412 Posts
I think you will find fitment of the Milltek to be perfect. At least mine does.

·
Registered
47 Posts
About two weeks ago I ordered a Milltek Non-Resonated exhaust from Stratmosphere. The people at stratmosphere were very accomodating. I had the exhaust put on about a week ago and it sounds amazing. I listened to a lot of audio clips and it sounds to be the most promising exhaust yet for the Audi S5 and no I'm not just saying that because I had it put on my car. If you have a stock Audi S5, I strongly recommend putting an exhaust on the car because I gained approximately 15-20 bhp and the car just sounds amazing. Every tech at my Audi dealership came out to hear the car after the exhaust and said it was probably the best investment that I could have made on the car. I plan to get some audio of the exhaust up on youtube soon and I will post a link ASAP. I did have some short audio already recorded but I didnt have a full launch and so it doesnt do the exhaust justice. I will try to post within the next day or two.
move response to top of page

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm thinking about a Milltek exhaust for an S5 Cab I ordered recently. Although they are still working on perfecting the exhaust for the Cab. I have a Milltek catback on an '06 Mini Cooper S Cab. It's fairly quiet until you step on it and then it barks and comes alive. I like that in the exhaust, fairly quiet around town until it's time for some fun.

Is this similar to your set up on the S5?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Hi Limestonedan, a number of us went non-res on our Millteked S5s this year and I think I can speak for us all when I say we're delighted. For most of us the cars are our daily drives so none of us wanted to be too Rude boy about it. Even non-res, the exhaust is probably quiter at idle than the stock, OE setup, and mooching about town, it's pretty unobtrusive both in and out of the car.

However, as soon as you decide to get 'on it', it comes alive, as you describe - you literally see heads turning as you pass - and no w*nker gestures afterwards.....!

I particularly like the little pops and burbles on lift-off - still makes me smile a little.

I too am really interested in what the S5 T will sound like with an artfully-tuned exhaust. For all of the V8's character, some say it's hard to top the sound of a V6 screaming through a good aftermarket set-up. The vids I've seen on here of systems for the 3.2 hint at what's possible - so let's see.....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Was Milltek's resonated version not enough of a change from stock? What made you go with the non-res? Did you hear both B4 purchasing? I think my cat-back is resonated on my '06 MCS Cab.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
What swung it for me was hearing an RS4 which had just had a non-res fitted whilst I was at the tuner shop for some other reason. I actually laughed as he blasted off, it sounded so riotous! Ordered the non-res section for mine there and then.

TBH, I'd been delighted with the resonated system until then but like many things, you quickly become accustomed to the changes and hearing the RS made me realise that it was probably still too 'tame'.

Here's a before & after comparison - despite the quality (and background wheel-gun noise at the start!), the difference is still quite apparent - far sharper, rortier - de-lish....!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks! Any droning at highway speeds?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Nothing untoward mate - at light throttle in higher gears, there is some but let's face it, how often does that happen? Seriously though, there's obviously more cabin noise but 95% of the time, it's the sort that you were seeking in the first place!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts