Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Whilst at the track day at Mallory park, which was sponsored by Milltek, I took the opportunity to introduce myself to Dave Millington (owner of Milltek). I asked him about the development of the A5 systems and he commented that they have a lot of development work going on at the moment, but despite this, they expect to have a 3.0TDi system first and would then look at the 1.8TFSI. He wouldn't commit to any timescales though... as you would expect. I did explain that I knew at least 20 UK guys on this forum who would want these systems, so hopefully that will help him hurry things along.

A track day might be a good 'compelling event' for him to develop a system for... could you imagine an APS remapped 3.0 TDi with Milltek, lowering and spacers being the ONLY diesel car on the track, and the kind of attention that would draw? ...especially if it could keep pace with the Golfs, S3s and S4s ???

...anyone driving a 3.0TDi fancy putting this to Dave?

:D

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Milltek

I am waiting for Milltek for A5 3.0TDI, but I am 1000 km east of UK, so I am not able put it to Dave ...

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Thanks for the update Ianhp1 :) The 3.0 TDi would be mighty quick with all those changes, do the spacers hinder the performance of it at all? Im pretty sure you'll get quite a few takers for the both 3.0 and 1.8. I wont be doing trackdays with my car though :D.

I will likely go ahead with this for my car, as long as i dont have to change the rear valance, I also just hope the tips arent garishly oversized compared to the standard ones.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm silently waiting for the Miltek exhaust... With my previous modified diesel, I had a custom exhaust made up, but with the DPFs to worry about this time around, I'd prefer to go the branded, tried & tested route.

Now my car's back from the bodyshop I'm going to rebook it with APS to get the coilovers and spacers done. I want to wait and see more examples of remapped 3.0TDIs before taking the plunge with the ECU - to be honest there's more than enough power at the moment, I just need more control, ie. less body roll!

I am liasing with BMC to help develop a carbon fibre, cold feed, induction kit, and will let you guys know of any progress.

Does anyone know when H&R's ARBs (Anti Roll Bars) will be ready? Maybe APS can confirm?

Cheers,

T

·
Registered
442 Posts
I'm silently waiting for the Miltek exhaust... With my previous modified diesel, I had a custom exhaust made up, but with the DPFs to worry about this time around, I'd prefer to go the branded, tried & tested route.

Now my car's back from the bodyshop I'm going to rebook it with APS to get the coilovers and spacers done. I want to wait and see more examples of remapped 3.0TDIs before taking the plunge with the ECU - to be honest there's more than enough power at the moment, I just need more control, ie. less body roll!

I am liasing with BMC to help develop a carbon fibre, cold feed, induction kit, and will let you guys know of any progress.

Does anyone know when H&R's ARBs (Anti Roll Bars) will be ready? Maybe APS can confirm?

Cheers,

T
Hi, about the BMC filter, I must tell you that you aren't going to achieve any improvement with that filter in your car, but obviously you are free to try and buy it...

About the body roll, I think you only need the new springs of the S-line suspension, because with that you will get what you are looking for...
And at last If you choose to put spacers, take care about it because anything bigger than 1 inch wide will be bad for your car.
In fact I would suggest you to put less than 2 cms each corner, and maybe 1 or 1,5 cms per wheel should be the limit for reliability...

I've ran a Leon FR TDI chipped with 205 CV for 233.000 kms with spacers, bilstein suspension, short shift and bigger an better brakes before having my A5 and I know what I'm saying...

Take care of your car and he will take care of you;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.