Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people,

I've just got my hands on a 'nearly new' Milltek exhaust for my 3.0TDI Sport (not picked up or fitted yet) but my questions to the people that already own one of these are as follows:

1. How 'noisy' is the exhaust? Is it actually noisy under acceleration or is it still nice and quiet inside the Car? Ideally I'm hoping you'll be able to hear the exhaust note outside the car when accelerating but it still remain nice and quiet inside the car??

2. Has anyone noticed the extra (albeit) small power increase over the stock exhaust?

Thanks in advance! :D

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TapouTx914 - Thanks but I've already seen this, unfortunately it doesn't really answer my questions as I really want to know what it sounds like in the Car while driving, I'd also like to know if anyone noticed any power gain?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I think you've made a good choice.

The Milltek exhaust is best heard from outside the car, which can be a challenge if you're driving.. try open the windows in tunnels, next to high walls etc. ;)

Seriously though, the exhaust sounds more like a big petrol V6 with no hint of boy racer. Under 2000rpm, there is very little difference to the standard exhaust , especially when accelerating "moderately". Over 2000 rpm, or when accelerating hard, it makes a deeper sound that the standard but very subtle with an aggressive edge. Let's see how others describe it.

The exhaust doesn't intrude in the cabin at all, but you can hear the change in note from the standard.

I seem to be among the few who think that there is a small increase in power. In theory it's possible due to marginally better flow, but it's more likely to be subjective due to the more communicative exhaust note.

One to watch out for is fuel economy. May be because I'm enjoying driving it harder because of the sound, but I averaged 39.7mpg in the 5000 miles before it was fitted. And 37.8 mpg in the last 4000 miles. IMHO a small price.

Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts