1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I'm in Dallas.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Live in Newcastle, England, but just got back today from 2 weeks touring Texas on vacation. What a fantastic place and Texans are the friendliest bunch I have ever met. Collecting my car tomorrow and so a great end to the trip.

Saw Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin, San Antonio, Corpus and Houston.

You lucky bunch.
Carl

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
north dallas here, any of you guys place an order yet, i'm planning on it soon, let's share the stories:)
I'm in Dallas. I placed my order in early April. I was told 3-4 months. I'm still waiting. PM if you want to talk stealerships. I've got no real complaints about mine, but I've heard of better experiences.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm waiting for my S5 now. I'm being told end of March.

Oh...I'm in Houston. Anyone with VagCom in the area? I'd like to "fix" a couple of things.

·
Registered
314 Posts
You guys ever think you'd consider snow tires...living in Tejas? After this month you are... :)

Howdy from KC.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well....in Houston I was fortunate enough not to get snow. We did have one day of ice tho. And besides......I moved from Kansas two years ago so I wouldn't have to shovel snow anymore. So.....I refuse to think about snow tires. haha

·
Registered
29 Posts
Atx

Austin here :cheers:

Just got my A5 a month ago to, I saw some post regarding the VAGCOM, does anyone in Texas know more about it? I saw that you can turn on the hidden menu to enable some features, I want to have the auto tilt side mirror when in reverse, anyone can told me how to do it? THANKS!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Arlington Texas here and occasionally in College Station

And A5_atx, you dont need a VAGCOM to do the auto tilt when in reverse. When you are in reverse select the mirror you want to tilt down, and move the mirror where you want it to tilt to, then put the car in drive and move it back to the original position. Leave the mirror selection on the mirror you want to tilt and when you put it in reverse it should move down on its own to the position you moved it to earlier and then should go back to its original position when you go into drive. Hopefully these directions are clear enough, i'm not that great at explaining things like this

·
Registered
29 Posts
Arlington Texas here and occasionally in College Station

And A5_atx, you dont need a VAGCOM to do the auto tilt when in reverse. When you are in reverse select the mirror you want to tilt down, and move the mirror where you want it to tilt to, then put the car in drive and move it back to the original position. Leave the mirror selection on the mirror you want to tilt and when you put it in reverse it should move down on its own to the position you moved it to earlier and then should go back to its original position when you go into drive. Hopefully these directions are clear enough, i'm not that great at explaining things like this
Hi A5AandM, Thanks for the post, I'll give it a try during lunch time today. Does this work on yours and is it prestige or premium plus ?

-Update-
Tried it, and doesn't work... :(

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi A5AandM, Thanks for the post, I'll give it a try during lunch time today. Does this work on yours and is it prestige or premium plus ?

-Update-
Tried it, and doesn't work... :(
Ahh I've got the premium plus...I really thought all cars would do this cause it worked on my moms 2011 Q7
But i'm sure if you find someone with a VAGCOM they can figure out how to do it for sure

1 - 20 of 29 Posts