Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd do a quick review on my new tyres Michelin PS4Ss! :)

Got them after plenty of good reviews and decent prices now!

They were replacing some worn out Pirelli Pzeros, which were decent, but suffered from tramlining and traction control light coming on even in the dry.

I was expecting them to feel better, but I can honestly say I haven't had a tyre change that has made as much of a difference!

Due to the more sportier carcass it gives the ride a more of a firmer feel and the turn in is more direct. I haven't really pushed them, but they do feel grippy in the corners. I did find I still have to put the traction control in Sport mode as otherwise it was still cutting in under hard acceleration, although with 460bhp+ it can be expected. But this could be until the release agent from the moulds wear off, they may get better with some miles. This is why most tyre manufacturers recommend waiting a while before exploiting the full potential.

Some reviews I have seen, say they can be twitchy at speed, and this is true, but that's the nature of a sporty tyre and it's being used to a more vague tyre from a steering input point of view. Once you are used to the point that the car will have more of a direct steering input, it goes from, ooh that felt a bit unstable to, I like it, I want to try it on a track.

I went for a drive on some good B roads, and they felt very enjoyable to drive spiritedly! They did feel like I'd had a new suspension fitted!

They feel smooth, but sporty when needed, just how the S5 should feel.

I can fully recommend them! I think if I went back to the Pirellis they would feel sloppy in comparison. :)

Reactions: HTB and Smokey Joe

Registered
Currently have p zero on rs5 and yes you can definately feel some weird tracking issues on uneven and rough surfaces, does make for an engaging drive, grip is great but I'll look into the 4s when time is due.

Been running Nexan SU1 on the stage 2 A8l which is similar power to RS5 and love them, plus they are dirt cheap at $1400nz ($1000usd) a set 255x45x19.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd love to have an A8 daily, not that I do daily driving now with working from home, so much value for your money, unless you buy new! :)

I only paid 拢520 for 4 255 19 35 PS4Ss (1000 NZ$). The prices have dropped on the Michys, in the UK anyway!

Registered
I had p zeros on my B5 S4 and the tramlining was really bad - I couldn't wait to change them for pilot sports (whatever version they were back then). So I was obviously unimpressed to find that Audi had fitted p zeros to my new B8 S5. Actually I didn't notice any significant tramlining with those, however interestingly I too got a flashing TC light in the dry when they started to wear out. So even though they still had another 6 months in them I changed to PS4S. Definitely a far superior tyre.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Damn, that's almost half of what I paid for mine a year ago, granted they were 265/30/20
Yeah, I was considering going to 20s, but the cost of the extra inch was practically double the price of a 19" tyre for PS4Ss, so my wallet thought better of it! :)

Would the extra inch give you double the enjoyment!!?? ;) :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts