Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

MHS2 Navigation and firmware updates - currently 2023/2024

280K views 1K replies 236 participants last post by  increatul 
#1 · (Edited)
This is it!
The proper activator for Audi MHS2 systems made by delphi.
It a result of deep system analysis and some good reverse engineering.
The time has come and i have decided to share it!
Now is available free of charge for everyone!

Unlike the leaked version of the activator this one is tested and in use for quite long time now.
You will not loose ability to install custom POI's and for sure it will not cripple your legal function enabling codes.
I cannot guarantee that will work on every MMI out there, but i never had issues ever since i created it back in 2016.
Regardless of what some might say, update of the MMI is not mandatory. This is entirely up to you.
If your MMI is working properly and you have not noticed issues then you can continue using same version.
Believe me, i know these systems inside out.
As you will see bellow the supported versions list is quite long and will only get longer with time!
In case that you do decide to update then subscribe to this topic as i will update it to include software update info and files.

In the archive you will find a manual how to use it.
It is very simple process and you will only need one empty SD card size 8-32GB FAT32 formatted.
After activating the MMI you will be able to use latest navigation maps.

Here is list of supported versions, it was tested on many more but for now i decided to include the following.
If your software is not the support list then send the backup that the activator will make and i will add it. Always make sure you are using the latest version of the activator.
Almost any version out there!
If for some reason you cant get it to work following the manual then its likely that your unit was already patched.
In such case contact me and i will see what i can do about it.

Please have in mind that im doing this in my free time and that means that im not 24/7 available :)

The map of MHS2/MST2(soon to be released) is not installed, you copy map on SD and just insert in the unit. If coding is ok and fecs are shown as valid then map will work.
Simple as that :)

MAP 2022/2023 -> 11.64 GB file on MEGA
MAP 2023/2024 -> 12.23 GB file on MEGA

Warning : Original version is only one and can be found on the link bellow.
Any other version with other names on it or "autobackup" shit ... is not supported by me.
If you decide to use it then check the forum, there are more than 50 cases of broken units from that shit!
Activator -> 3.12 MB folder on MEGA
MHS2_ER_AU_K0129 -> 2.09 GB file on MEGA
MHS2_ER_AU_K0471 -> 2.53 GB file on MEGA
MHS2_ER_AU_P1242 -> 2.55 GB file on MEGA
MHS2_ER_AU_P2035 -> 2.54 GB file on MEGA

MHS2_US_AU_K0471 -> 1.02 GB file on MEGA
MHS2_US_AU_P1242 -> 1.01 GB file on MEGA
MHS2_US_AU_P2037 -> 1.02 GB file on MEGA
Software update instruction -> 720.9 KB file on MEGA
After using the activator unit will accept modified meta.
What you need to do is take the meta from 1242, remove any SupportedTrains or BlockedTrains and then replace MetafileChecksum with skipMetaChecksum.

For for example with the meta from 1242:
Remove those two lines
BlockedTrains = "MHS2_EU_AU_P01*,MHS2_EU_AU_K01*"
MetafileChecksum = "cd15b1487917b24e0ca50e0716bfa3d6dd7d710d"

And add these two:
EnableUserDefinedSWDLMode = "true"
skipMetaChecksum = "true"

Then make sure all components are select, the bare minimum is - MCM,78K0R,AP_ZR_HIGH1,TNRREF. Nice to select SpeechRes,SpeechAppRes.

Keep in mind that if something goes wrong you might not be able to fix it yourself and might need to send it to me.
This document and activation are provided by THE PROVIDER "as is" and "with all faults." THE PROVIDER makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the safety, suitability, lack of viruses, inaccuracies, typographical errors, or other harmful components of this document. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software, and you are solely responsible for determining whether the procedure described in this document is compatible with your equipment and other software installed on your equipment. You are also solely responsible for the protection of your equipment and backup of your data, and THE PROVIDER will not be liable for any damages you may suffer in connection with using the information found in this document. You are also solely responsible for any modifications to the software of the MMI system, THE PROVIDER will not be liable for any claims from the vendor of your MMI system concerning the use of third-party software on the MMI system.
Selling this document and activation is forbidden.
Including this activation or its parts in any other tools should happen only after contacting me.

Attempts to modify the files might render the system inoperable.

Warning: Always make sure you are using the latest version of the activator from this topic. I will repair free of charge (w/o shipping expenses) any unit broken by using the original activator! I will charge every recovery that used clone version of this activator made by "professionals"

Enjoy :)

See less See more
#103 ·
With POI!! You can generate compatibile POI files with poibase, for example, or finding someone that distributes (free or paid) versions of files containing speedcams. Note that this is not legal in some countries like France. Have you already patched unit?
Thanks, @john.player In Spain all active speed cams detectors (via frequency detection or so) are not legal. On the other hand, having POI's on a map as you mean is not illegal. On the iPhone (Spain), Siri warns on every fixed speed cam when you approach to those, and even has a button to inform Apple where is located any other not registered yet on Apple Maps. Were this not legal, this option would not be available. I will search por POI's since I have already patched the unit with @congo activator. Regards,

#105 · (Edited)
Did the activation and after that the new maps worked brilliantly on my A4 B9 from 2018 (MHS2_ER_AU_P1242 with 0213), thanks for all the effort!

Quick question regarding the activation. The MMI now contains allot more activation keys then before, what are all the other keys that have been activated besides the ones needed for the maps?

#107 ·
So 2.3 is the safest of them all.
All are working great, buy the latest one has the greatest level of refinement regarding potential issues (no modification on persistence partition and removal option).

Removal removes also new installed SWAP retaining legal the previous original ones of the car?

#109 · (Edited)
Hi guys, i have a question, i have a delphi mhs2 p2035 unlocked via the mibsolution sd card method, now i've heard about congo's method and would like to use it, but would like to start clean, does anyone know how to revert the mibsolution patch having the backup files generated by the script on the sd?

Thank you in advance

#112 ·
Hi guys, examinating the mibsolution script i came out with this script for reverting the mod, if someone could double check my script to see if it's OK would be great.

Thank you very much in advance.

WARNING: this is untested I don't take any responsibility
sd structure:
dlphi.sh -> script
revert -> folder containing original eldat and envsetting

#!/bin/sh

echo "ROOT access - ok"
cd / && mount -uw /net/mmx/fs/sda0/; sleep 1

echo "SWaP patch remove - ok"
rm /net/rcc/persistence/SWaP/SWaP; sleep 1

echo "FEC list restore - ok"
cp -Vrf /net/mmx/fs/sda0/revert/el_dat_S.datsig /net/rcc/persistence/SWaP/ && chmod 777 /net/rcc/persistence/SWaP/el_dat_S.datsig; sleep 1

echo "envsettings restore - ok"
cp -Vrf /net/mmx/fs/sda0/revert/envsettings /net/rcc/ffs/etc/envsettings && chmod 777 /net/rcc/ffs/etc/envsettings; sleep 1

echo "FINISHED - You can now remove SD Card"
rm /net/mmx/fs/sda0/dlphi.sh; sleep 1
shutdown -S reboot

#117 ·
Hi, I have such a question. it's about vw b8. I made software updates to MST2_EU_VW_P0231D (MU: 0633). I would like to activate app connect. I received the MST2 Activator by Congo and Duke files. Is it enough to copy these files to the SD card: Common, Expetion list, Metainfo2.text and proceed as when updating the software. Do I need to go through this procedure
If you create addFecs.txt in the common folder then fecs will be added as FSC files (if missing).

Supported FEC's with the Fec container patch - any defined in addFecs.txt

If you don’t use the addFecs.txt then exception list will be used which is good for all options except

SportHMI. Supported FEC's with the EL patch - 00030000, 00040100, 00050000, 00060100,

00060200, 00060300, 00060800, 00060900, 00060b00, 00070200, 00070400, 09400003 (Still ok for

Navi)

If your unit does not have FEC's at all but you want to be as close as possible like original then you

can create two files in the common folder.

Filename VCRN and put VCRN as it is seen in 0x3C0A (15370). (There is VCRN.dummy just as example,

you still need to rename it if you want to use it)

Filename VIN and put VIN in clear text in it. (There is VIN.dummy just as example, you still need to

rename it if you want to use it)

You can see some examples in the common folder - VCRN.dummy and VIN.dummy files. Can I skip editing these files? thank you in advance for your help. greetings