Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
261 - 280 of 297 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Audi A3 8v 1600 t.d anno 2017 restyling, Iphone Xr IOS 16.2.

I managed to activate the maps and wired Carplay thanks to Congo, I wanted to switch to wireless Carplay via CARLINKIT 4.0
Wired Apple Car Play works perfectly. When I connect my CARLINKIT 4.0, the Apple Carplay home page comes out on the MMI display but it is blocked and the control knob on the console does not respond to commands.
Thanks for the help you will give me

· Registered
50 Posts
if you use the usb cable that comes with the carlinkit 4.0 and you activate the bluetooth conection an your iphone, it has to run
check your phone bluetooth connection that are activ or sometimes an reboot of the MMI or even phone helps then to work well, check it out

have you edit/checked the settings carlinkit 4.0 first via wifi 192.168.50.2 ?
I have this fw(09.27) on carlink4.0
Event Circle Pattern Electric blue Font

· Registered
50 Posts
first what I done was to read out the settings over 192.168.50.2 means wifi connect with the iphone to make an screenshot, then I know the name of it for Bluetooth and WIFI, then I pluge it to the car, connect it to the iphone via bluetooth (now I saw it on MMI - Carplay and I connect it) and then it switch by themself to the iphone connection and was working well

Personal luxury car Automotive design Motor vehicle Gas Auto part

Telephony Communication Device Mobile phone Gesture Gadget
Plant Car Automotive design Vehicle Vehicle audio

WORKING now
if not maybe read also this Iphone Settings or user help here Carlinkit Official Group | Facebook

· Registered
6 Posts
Great job! Just to clear one thing up.
Does the same rule apply to MST2 as to MHS?
Only systems with two SD card slots are supported.
Can I use this to activate app connect-Android Auto on an MST2 unit with one SD slot, which does not have navigation?

· Registered
50 Posts
important are MST2 .....D on the end, check firmware (menue bottom for 5sec, then read your fw) , then its an Delphi unit,
if not, like MST2 ...T maybe its an other unit(are not supported by activator)
test it, if it works you will find the result on your sd card in the log.txt, also if its not working for your unit

· Registered
6 Posts
important are MST2 .....D on the end, check firmware (menue bottom for 5sec, then read your fw) , then its an Delphi unit
test it, if it works you will find the result on your sd card in the log.txt, also if its not working for your unit
Thanks for advice. It's Delphi, but Composition Media. For Audi, the rule is not to try if there are not 2 SD slots, that's why I asked the question

261 - 280 of 297 Posts