Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
241 - 260 of 297 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
First - it is not good idea to just install patches w/o reading the info posted here.
If you used version older than 2.3 its recommended to install this one.

Second - other users had same issue map stuck at 25% just 2-3 pages back ... do we have to read and point every time the same? Check what others did to solve the issue. Its 100% SD card issue.
Hi,

I downloaded the maps zip file again and uncompressed on a windows pc, not on a Mac. I also copied the unzipped folder to an USB stick, so the files were miscopied or corrupted.
The patch 2.3 is fully working with 2022-2023 maps. I also nave noticed that is better to format the SD Card in FAT 32, but with a cluster size of 16kb, as is the original Audi SD Card.

Now everything working fine.

Thanks.

· Registered
9 Posts
Why 16kb cluster size?? What are the improvements?
16Kb should be the default cluster size for FAT32 and 16-32Gb SDHC
Hi @john.player,
I really do not know, but when viewing the format options I see other cluster sizes (or default size, which is unknown to me). On the SD I've got I chose 16kb because the original Audi SD Card was formatted with this clusters size. I do not know if changing the clusters size affects to the reading ability of the MMI unit. It is only a comment without technical base. I only can state that it works formatting the SD Card this way.

Regards.

· Registered
6 Posts
Hi congo, i just updated from MHS2_EU_AU_P0114 to MHS2_ER_AU_K0129 but when i will update the next available Firmware on the first page after reading Metadata undefines Error 14 comes up. i will need a Firmware to update to K04 and then to P20xx is there a solution /Firmware ?
Hello mate,

Did you manage to update to K0129?
Did you have to run any patches or a straight forward update?
Thanks

· Registered
50 Posts
Hello mate,

Did you manage to update to K0129?
Did you have to run any patches or a straight forward update?
Thanks
really an old version your unit has MHS2_EU_AU_P0114, maybe the maps here will not work for your unit, maybe not even the activator, only your test can show it and check later the log.txt file of the sd card used for it
check your PM maybe its helpfull, let us know result

· Registered
2 Posts
Activator for Audi-MIB Scale made by Congo
SW rev: 663
Device type: MHS2
Brand: AU
Device region: EU/EU
FW ver: MHS2_EU_AU_P0114
FW MU ver: 0102
HW: 042
FAZIT: GRO-63317.09.1506011206
VIN:
Install location ffs - should be as safe as possible :)
Metainfo patch successful.
SWaP patch successful.
EL list created successfully.

· Registered
4 Posts
Hi Congo

After testing the activator successfully on Audi A4 B9 to update maps, now i want also to try it on my girlfriend car: a Volkwagen T-Roc with software MST2_EU_VW_P089OD in which we want to activate the vocal steering wheel controls.

After the patching i need to code using VCDS\OBDEleven or the only patch is enough?

Thanks in advance!

· Registered
2 Posts
Massive shout out to congo! I just managed to get maps installed on my A5 following his instructions - saved me paying Audi £400 for a replacement SD card!

I've got an Audi A5 2017 (67) without the technology pack so no cockpit just the normal dashboard. I would always get the "the SD card with navigation data has been removed...." message when I started the car. I'm not a techie but here is a high level summary of what I did to get the maps on which might help someone:

I first bought a 32gb SD card which I formatted in FAT 32 format

1. I used these instructions from congo to access the red menu on the control panel:

Automotive lighting Font Technology Auto part Automotive fog light

2. I then went to the option 'Version Information' on the red menu which told me I had Current version: MHS2_ER_AU_K1240 MU Software: 0211
3. So because it said MHS2 I downloaded congo's MHS2 activator (Spoiler: Activator MHS2 AUDI) which can be found in the first post of this thread
4. I extracted the 'MHS2_Activator_Made_By_Congo_v2.4_What_Is_Dead_May_Never_Die' folder on my computer
5. From the extracted 'MHS2_Activator_Made_By_Congo_v2.4_What_Is_Dead_May_Never_Die' folder I moved just the 'dlphi.sh' file to the SD card
6. I started my car, went to the Radio option on the main screen and waited about 5 mins
7. After 5 mins I inserted the SD card with the 'dlphi.sh' file in to SD card 1 slot. After a minute or so the control panel rebooted twice and eventually I saw a green screen which said 'completed successfully'
8. I took the SD card out at this point and switched off the ignition. The map now needs to be loaded on to the SD card
9. I downloaded the 'Spoiler: MAP 2022' from the first thread too. This link takes you to the MEGA page and because of free download limits on the MEGA website it may take you like 18 hours to download the whole file!
10. I reformatted the SD card again. I then extracted all the files from the map file that was downloaded from the MEGA website '8W0060866BS.zip' to the SD card. I didn't put them in a folder so there was like 4 folders and 3 files on the root of the SD card
11. I put the SD card in the SD card slot 1 in the car, switched the car on. After about 30 seconds it should show the map data loading.
12. Job done - maps working on the car.

The process was as simple as this for me. There may be complexities for other people, but I messaged congo when I needed help and he responded quickly.

Thanks again to congo - Legend!

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys and merry Christmas!
I'm looking for Ukrainian language package for MHS2 Delphi. I have MHS2_ER_AU_P2035 version of firmware. If there isn't original UA language pack, is it possible to take any existing language pack, translate it and install/upload into MMI?

· Registered
50 Posts
this are not an MHI2Q ... its an MHI2(Q)Harmann unit, but ok, check by yourselve what are possible

Detected changes comparing between MHI2_ER_AUG22_K2161 and MHI2_ER_AUG22_K3346

-DAB reception much better and more stable (even new stations can be received)
-Welcome sound when pressing the ignition works
-Clock display below left changed design
-Carplay significantly faster and without hanging
-Telephoning with the sim in the unit now works without problems
-W-lan hotspot is now always active when W-lan is activated
- W-lan reception is no longer possible with a SIM inserted
-Show the station logos and side view in small

if you like to download any file from mibsolution.one (fw/maps/..) then better you are using the free download manager or any download manager for it,
its slow but you get what you are searching

241 - 260 of 297 Posts