Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone have side-by-side pictures of a Meteor Grey & Phantom colored car?

I was leaning towards Meteor (because of cleaning/maintenance) but it seems people are really unhappy with the color change. I like Meteor but don't like the color change; am scared to get my first black car (and I believe the Phantom changes to grey in the sun).

And is it correct you can't get the S5 in Avus Silver?

·
Registered
135 Posts
The Meteor Gray doesn't photograph very well and is much nicer in person. I noticed the same thing with Avus Silver which I have. It seems like Pearlescent paints are like that. If you haven't seen it in person I would definitely recommend it. However if it really doesn't grab you the Phantom would be fine despite being a color to be careful with. Just wash it yourself properly (no brushes) once per week and use a good wax.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you would vote Meteor over Phantom? I love the Meteor color (just wish it stayed looking consistent) but think it looks like crap when it changes.

And with Phantom - I will really need to wash it weekly?

hmmmmmm.....

·
Registered
314 Posts
Meteor, will be much easier to keep clean. Im ordering my car in Meteor, so im biased.

·
Registered
3 Posts

I was leaning towards Meteor (because of cleaning/maintenance) but it seems people are really unhappy with the color change. I like Meteor but don't like the color change; am scared to get my first black car (and I believe the Phantom changes to grey in the sun).

ive got the meteor with black interior - cancelled order so didnt specify it however would either have gone meteor or black only. extremely happy with the meteor and the colour change keeps it interesting, had lots of compliments. the meteor also contrasts nicely with the chrome which silver may not do as well. i think the meteor needs regular cleaning so not much different from black in that respect. silver and white probably need cleaning less frequently.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Brilliant Black :) - Go phantom over meteor just looks so much better to me. I'm not bias as i'm Ibis White :)

Could those of you that haven't put ur location in ur profile please update it. Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Brilliant Black :) - Go phantom over meteor just looks so much better to me. I'm not bias as i'm Ibis White :)

Could those of you that haven't put ur location in ur profile please update it. Thanks.

Can promise you I won't be getting Brilliant Black ;) - the roads/drivers in downtown Chicago would dink it up instaneously. And there is no way I could upkeep Brilliant Black - think Phantom is doable though.

G

·

Deff go for Meteor if you don't want your car to look as good as it should :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just saw all of Elstimpo's photos and it's sealed the deal for me - I'm getting my first black car! Phantom/Magma Red/Carbon Atlas.

But now the real question... does anyone have any reliable information on when the Tiptronics are going to be available to order/dealers have actual allocations in the States???

·
Registered
314 Posts
You can order them now, and you will get it around May/June.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You can order them now, and you will get it around May/June.
I've heard a few dealers are taking deposits, but that no dealer in the US has gotten any actual allocations. If this is not correct - please enlighten me.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Well my dealer here said that he was placing orders for his 6ATs now so take it as a grain of salt.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hey Everyone! Newbie Here

I just ordered my phantom black S5 from Audi of Mission Viejo and I was the last on their dealer allocation list (12 total) for December for tiptronic tranny. They are telling me March or April of 08 but Im not holding my breath :confused: . In the mean time I'm researching tires, wheels, spacers etc. locally so it can slam it on immediately upon delivery :cool:

The wait is killing me but enjoying the forums with a lot of good info.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts