Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I saw some interest in this, so I thought I would post it here.

I believe the car is at the dealer as we speak, available for delivery. This is NOT a demo car, but a brand new one just off the boat.

Meteor Grey
Magma Red with CF
Nav
Tech
B&O
Side Assist

58,XXX MSRP

If you are interested, call Mark Ciraldo at New Country Audi (203) 661-1800. Tell him Ryan M. told you about the car.

Good luck!

·
Registered
206 Posts
How'd they do it?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Im going to jump on it, lets see if its still available when I call...

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have not seen a car with Side Assist available yet in the US. So this would mean it is a new car and not a demo that has come up for sale. All the demo's were Meteor w/ Magma and the rest of the list. However not Side Assist.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is not a demo car, they already have a buyer for their demo car... it has 0/delivery miles. Someone ordered the car and then backed out at the last second and that is why they have the car on their hands.

·
Registered
182 Posts
this is torture - i stopped by the dealer today for unrelated Q7 stuff and looked at their mothballed meteor/magma/carbon demo, and we checked the queue for orders (i'm 9th, contrary to what i'd been told before about being 5th - there are 18 orders there now) and i tried unsuccessfully to will my order to the top and for a VIN.. i really should wait until mine comes in, i'll be able to save that much more for it..

·
Registered
314 Posts
Case closed, deposit is down!!! Thanks so much Jimmyz I appreciate it.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Congrats! so when r you gonna pick it up?
Im going in tomorrow to take a look at it and sign some papers, and will either pick it up sometime next week or the week after... The car kind of came out of nowhere so I'm still gathering myself together!!!! SO EXCITED. By the way, what is Side Assist?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Im going in tomorrow to take a look at it and sign some papers, and will either pick it up sometime next week or the week after... The car kind of came out of nowhere so I'm still gathering myself together!!!! SO EXCITED. By the way, what is Side Assist?
nice man.... that's awesome :)

basically a LED (integrated in the side mirrors) that blinks when you try to make a lane change when there's a car in your blindspot

from the S5 Configurator:
Monitors vehicles "blind spot" via built-in radar sensors and warns by means of directional LED's built into exterior rearview mirrors

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Case closed, deposit is down!!! Thanks so much Jimmyz I appreciate it.
No problem, I hope you enjoy it! BTW, can you PM me your first name so I can ask him if my friend XXXXX bought the car, and then it may score me some points with him for finding someone to buy his car.

Thanks

·
Registered
314 Posts
Of course my man. PM away!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got the PM... thanks! I will call him tomorrow. Mark is a great guy (I have an S5 on order from him, as I said, and my dad has an R8 on order from him as well), I am sure he will give you great service!

Anyways, when are you going to pick up the car? And when you do, make sure you take lots of pics! Also, a review of the Side Assist would be helpful as well, I would like to know how well it works.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Well, Mark thinks the car doesn't have Side Assist, So I will have to have a look when I pick it up on the 29th. Its not really essential for me but if it is actually there ill let you know.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts