Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any picks with this combination? I am seriously debating this, and i need to make a decision soon.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Thats a strange color combo if you ask me.....

·
Registered
67 Posts
...my god, don't do it....trust me I've seen Metor Grey in real life....black, silver or more commonly red interior only.....You should re-consider external colour if you want brown interior.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just noticed the S-Line is only available with a black interior...
so looks like its meteor Grey and blakc

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
That's the way I went, Maverick..though I wasn't thrilled with being stuck with the black interior and I'm still torturing over whether to change from Meteor Gray to Phantom Black or Avus Silver. Ugh... All personal preference when it comes down to it, of course. Just very difficult without seeing all colors in person.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm stuck between meteor gray and avus silver also..
Decisions, decisions, decisions...
its too bad the cars aren't even in production yet for the US, i did manage to see the Meteor Grey at the dealership yesterday.. and I love it! its very Aston Martinish.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Okay...I just changed my order to Phantom Black (with S-Line black interior) and I am done with torturing over this!

·
Registered
275 Posts
There's no mistake going with Black - always looks good.

I always figue it's a pain to keep clean, but my car is always clean, regardless of the color - and nothing looks better than a clean black car.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Thanks. I agree. And it's garage to garage for me, so the Florida heat (and your favorite issue - that sunroof!) shouldn't be too big a problem.

·
Registered
275 Posts
No major issue for me - just a joke - I live in europe, and had ordered it originally, but deleted it in consideration..... Having a sunroof that doesn't open, but living in Florida is a good problem to have to deal with......

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Woops..the A5 may not come in Phantom Black per my salesman. Looks like I may have to go with Brilliant Black. Anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Woops..the A5 may not come in Phantom Black per my salesman. Looks like I may have to go with Brilliant Black. Anyone know for sure?
According to the US brochure that I have for the A5/S5, Phantom Black is not offered as an exterior color choice for the A5. That color appears to be available only for the S5.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Thanks, yeah, I'm seeing the same thing but I don't always trust the brochure on an unreleased vehicle (and it's very hard to tell what the S-Line exclusive choices are on that page). And the order system is spitting it back...so, Brilliant Black it is I guess.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I loved the Tuscan Brown interior ... I also wanted the Quartz Grey ... I didn't think Quartz Grey and Tuscan Brown would go well ... So I decided on the Meteor Gray with Tuscan Brown ....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Curious ... why do you think Meteor Grey and Tuscan Brown clash ... of course that was what I ended up ordering so I am curious of your opinion ... BTW, what exterior color do you think goes with Tuscan Brown ...

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
To me, that combination WOULD work because Meteor Grey (I do prefer that spelling over "Gray"!) has a brown aspect to it. I hope you've seen that color in person. It's kind of crazy..it has grey, brown, blue and even green moments! Audi's website is really far off the mark with regard to illustration of this color.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Curious ... why do you think Meteor Grey and Tuscan Brown clash ... of course that was what I ended up ordering so I am curious of your opinion ... BTW, what exterior color do you think goes with Tuscan Brown ...
Grey and brown just don't go together. Put on some grey pants and a brown shirt and then look in the mirror.....:D

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Here you go Maverick.. My S5 in meteor grey and saddle brown leather.

If you had looked around the forum these pics are already posted. Not the best photos i'm afraid but when I get the time I will do some better ones.

Personally I had a real dilemma when choosing colours. In my opinion Black is boring and a nightmare to keep looking decent, silver looks tacky with the ali wing mirrors and simply didnt like the other colours. It got so bad that before I went for my test drive I was considering the £4,000 plus for the ability to choose my own colour, yet still didnt know what I wanted :( Then it just so happened I saw the meteor grey and was sold on it immediatley simply because the colour suits the car and gives it a bit of class. It's certainly a lighter grey than in the brochures ;)

As for the leather once I'd choosen meteor grey I was going to go for the red until I was lucky enough to see the brown and realised it again added that extra touch of class, the red was simply LOUD in comparision. Not what I believe this car needs, it is loud enough, sure if you want everybody to look at you and think flash B*ST**D then its a good combo but as far as I'm concerned let them look at it as I want too myself and see the CLASS of the machine! Maybe I'm just getting a bit old lol

Anyway hope you enjoy and good luck with whatever you choose:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts