Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My A5 that is coming in on January (hopefully) is meteor gray with black s-line interior with Alcantara inserts

can anyone post a photo of an A5 with that color please? :D

Cheers

·
Registered
470 Posts
Oh Gawd, dull and duller. meteor on black is just the most boring, and dull color combo. If you can, I would call the dealership and change the spec's. if your looking for a dark gray. 100% you should go with Daytona Gray.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Oh Gawd, dull and duller. meteor on black is just the most boring, and dull color combo. If you can, I would call the dealership and change the spec's. if your looking for a dark gray. 100% you should go with Daytona Gray.
umm he is entitled to his own preference. im personally not a fan of meteor but it is definitely not my place to tell somebody to change their order just because i dont like it. different strokes for different folks buddy. there are people out there who dont like ibis, how would you feel if that person told you to change your order bc they didnt like it?

FAI have you tried using the search function? im sure there are a few pics up on this site.you just gotta know where to look

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
can anyone post a photo of an A5 with that color please? :D
Have you tried using the Search feature yet? :confused:

There are PLENTY of photos of Meteor Gray A5s floating around here. For example, using the Advanced Search function and searching by 'title only' turned up this thread with several photos.

Read me

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL I like the color, I actually think the white is not great, as it is a color of every single car around, but you won't find the meteor gray,, it's an exclusive as I see it.

thanks for your concern, but i'm going for the color

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BTW where you got the S5 mirror caps and how much??
The meteor gray looks even so good with the mirror caps!

·
Registered
470 Posts
umm he is entitled to his own preference. im personally not a fan of meteor but it is definitely not my place to tell somebody to change their order just because i dont like it. different strokes for different folks buddy. there are people out there who dont like ibis, how would you feel if that person told you to change your order bc they didnt like it?

FAI have you tried using the search function? im sure there are a few pics up on this site.you just gotta know where to look
Of course he's entitled to his own preference, must everything I say be entitled "my opinion"? However I rushed through my post too quick I apologize and If that truly is the color combo you want then go for it. But if your asking for a picture that means you probably haven't even seen the color, In which i would highly recommend seeing it person first.

Oh and FAI, i'm sure you can find a set of mirror caps in the For Sale & Group Buys Section

·
Registered
113 Posts
Im going for the Meteor Grey with Black S-line interior (with silver stitching) too. :D

Im sure it'll be fine. Theres LOTS of black cars with black interiors and nothing is said about them being dull so i wouldnt take any notice.

I saw one A5 in Meteor Grey, 2 A4s and a TT so im happy with the choice (although admittedly i havent seen my exact spec interior - i just saw the photo in the S-line section of the brochure and told the dealer to go with that. It has the cloth/leather seats with silver stitching which i havent seen in person and i have read on here someone saying the cloth/leather combo isnt too nice but the all leather version was an extra €2,000 and you have to draw the line somewhere and after reading people here saying they were having trouble with their leather seats i just said i'd draw the line there)

I have pics of an interior here but i dont know if its cloth or perforated alcantara.....(i think its cloth though) Theres obviously a pic in the s-line section of the brochure too (at least in our brochure - of both the leather/cloth and perforated alcantara/leather)

Edit. Theres a pic here thats definatly alcantara http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/pics-my-new-4786/index.html

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks savo,, I've been in a black A5 S-line, it feels good with the Alcantara, but I just wanted to know how it would look like with Meteor Gray, just to see how the interior and exterior blend together.

Cheers!

·
Registered
55 Posts
yeah i've seen the seats in real life and they ain't too great. they're the reason y i went for a S5 instead of a 3.2FSI. the seats r F*#king horrible, looks like an interior of a toyota corolla. i've seen taxis with better interior seats. but thats my opinion of course. lol

anyway Bandar1113 i love daytona grey but was told by my dealer it wasn't available for either the A5 or the S5. have u seen any in daytona? any pics? and any idea how to get it on my car? cheers!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
anyway Bandar1113 i love daytona grey but was told by my dealer it wasn't available for either the A5 or the S5. have u seen any in daytona? any pics? and any idea how to get it on my car? cheers!
In the States you can order Daytona Gray on the A5 or S5 as part of the "Audi Exclusive" option (since it's a special order paint). The cost is $2,500 USD. Use the Search function and you will find several photos of that color on here.

·
Registered
441 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Here are a couple pics of my car, which is unfortunately the "most boring and dull color combo". I hate myself for ordering it, and I know that every single person who sees my car on the street shakes their head in laughing disapproval. I might as well kill myself. :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here are a couple pics of my car, which is unfortunately the "most boring and dull color combo". I hate myself for ordering it, and I know that every single person who sees my car on the street shakes their head in laughing disapproval. I might as well kill myself.
OUCH!!
It's a nice color! and I'm sure it's even nicer with the green surroundings!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts