Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello and greetings from Los angeles. I just joined this forum and am getting settled in pretty well.

Im getting my A5 on november 13th in meteor gray with red interior. I ordered it with every package including the s-line and technology and cold weather package etc. i was wondering if it will come come with those brushed aluminum side mirrors and if there will be any difference in the grill from the regular A5.
I was thinking about getting these wheels and splitters and rear bumper. any opinions? the wheels i will get in brushed aluminum to match the side mirrors.

Attachments

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
when i install the wheels in brushed aluminum and do everything i need to on the exterior i was hoping it would look like this

Attachments

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
The brushed aluminium/chrome side mirrors are standard on the S5 only. You can buy them and replace the standard covers on the A5 though - check out the For Sale & Group Buy section as they occasionally appear in there.

I have to wonder how an 18 yr old student can afford a fully loaded A5 though :D.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm a music producer so the money ive made off of my beats paid for most about 2/3 of it and my parents paid for the other 15/20 g's or so

·
Registered
36 Posts
I bought a meteor grey A5 with S-line interior and exterior. I got the mirror caps on Ebay and had them fitted by my dealer. The S-line front grille is quite nice. I have not opted to change to the S5 grille, a step too far for me.

R

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Im getting my A5 on november 13th in meteor gray with red interior. I ordered it with every package including the s-line and technology and cold weather package etc. i was wondering if it will come come with those brushed aluminum side mirrors and if there will be any difference in the grill from the regular A5.
Sounds to me like either your dealer didn't explain things to you well or you've been greatly misinformed. When was the last time you talked to your dealer about your car's specifications and the current status?

I saw in another one of your posts today where you mentioned you're getting an '08. But, I'm fairly certain it will be an '09 since '08s are no longer being produced in the factory.

The S-line grille is identical to the one on the regular A5. (Details here.)

Also, as xphstos mentioned, you only get black interior on the A5 with an S-line package. Did you perhaps pay extra (as part of the "Audi Exclusive" option) to get red interior?

And what is this "cold weather" package you mentioned? :confused: That's not even an option available here in the US. Please clarify.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Man my dealer must have misinformed me. I called the dealership back in may i just asked him simply what packages i can get and he said technology, cold weather etc. then i asked for meteor gray with the red interior he said ok i said can you have it around november he said sure i paid a little deposit it was as simple as that so i don't know what's wrong. And also i swear i've seen A5 pictures with the magma red interior.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If there's anything wrong that i can do to fix this problem please let me know because i've been wanting this car for i don't know how long and the gray with red interior would just be living the dream so if theres any way i can sort out this mess please tell me how.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Were you provided with an actual "commission number" from your dealer when you placed your order? This is key.

Also, did he tell you what price you'd be paying for all the options? If I were you, I'd double-check to verify how much extra the magma red interior is going to cost you as part of the Audi Exclu$ive option.

If your dealer mentioned cold weather package, it sounds like he may not know what he's talking about when it comes to available options on the A5/S5.

You should also find out if your dealership even has any available "allocations" of A5s right now. Many times people are promised their cars by a certain date, only to find out later that the dealership didn't actually get any allocations to have the car built (since Audi limits the number of allocations each dealership can get). But, the dealers are all too happy to still take your deposit and make empty promises that can't be met.

So, if you don't currently have a commission number from your dealer, get it. And find out what the latest status is (along with all the other info about pricing and options).

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I do not know my commission number but i'll go to the dealership and ask, and how do i get the audi exclusive option. is it just a package ill have to pay extra for or will i have to try and pull some strings

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Audi Exclusive is an option that allows you to customize the exterior paint color and also the interior color. (More info here) I know the Audi Exclusive option is available in the US for exterior colors, but I don't know for certain if it's available for the A5s interior color choices. So, it's best to speak with your dealer about that.

As far as pricing, I do know that an Audi Exclusive color for the exterior costs $2,500. But once again, I have no details on interior options and pricing with this option.

·
Registered
53 Posts
What dealer did u order from?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bev hills but i backed out and am redoing everything from scratch:mad:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sounds to me as though you have never bought a car in your life and really have not looked into this at all.

All the questions you are asking are basic need to know thing about your car and order.

I don't mean to be rude but I dont think you ordered a car in the first place. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
3 Posts
S-Line Not Currently Available for A5 Ordering

I'm not sure when this A5 was supposedly ordered, but the S-line option has not been available to order for the past couple months. Apparently it has something to do with the 19" wheels/tires. No one at Audi or at the dealerships has any idea when they will allow this option to be ordered again, but until they do, Audi will not allow the dealerships to have their allocations pulled if this option has been selected. I know this because my order is being held up waiting for Audi to again allow the S-line to be ordered.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sounds to me as though you have never bought a car in your life and really have not looked into this at all.

All the questions you are asking are basic need to know thing about your car and order.

I don't mean to be rude but I dont think you ordered a car in the first place. Just my 2 cents.
agreed. how do you buy a car from a dealer without knowing the basics of options/colors at all.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well I have bought a car before this but only one because im 18 years old. and it wasn't a nice car either so i didn't have to deal with options and packages and all this, one car, one price. I'm new to this stuff and i did order it back in may and put a deposit and i had no idea what i was doing, saying. or what the dealer was saying. The only car I've had before was a used one so I've never had to go through this process which seems to be especially frustrating with this car due to all the delays i keep hearing about from people.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
but it doesn't really matter anymore because im not getting that A5 Since all the things i want on it come standard with the s5 So i'm getting the s5

1 - 19 of 19 Posts