Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I now try to enable key memory function for electrical seats. Because the ECU for electrical seats are the same with or without memory buttons on a left door, I think it is just different coding of electrical driver seat ECU.

Can someone with UK or Europe model put here long coding for this ECU with memory seats? In VAG-COM or VCDS it is ECU nr. 36-Seat Mem. Drvr.

I can try this on my car, I think it could be usefull function for us with no memory seats, just electrical seats.

P.S. I just put it in new thread.

Reactions: a4ade

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Aerodrive has wanted autoscan, so it is here:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 36: Seat Mem. Drvr (J136) Labels: None
Part No SW: 8T0 959 760 B HW: 8T0 959 760 B
Component: MEM-FS H09 0042
Coding: 08017025002444111000
Shop #: WSC 06325

No fault code found.

Reactions: SimonRoma

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Noone with memory seats is able to send coding for modul address nr. 36 Seat Mem. Drvr (J136) ? :confused:

·
Registered
415 Posts
Thanks for posting that. I'll take a look at my memory seat coding and get back to you soon. I'll also check to see if your hardware is the same part number.

·
Registered
415 Posts
You do, indeed, have the same part number as in my car, so there is some hope for getting your key memory to work.

I'll post my coding up here, with the following disclaimers:

• Copying and pasting the entire coding is generally regarded as a bad idea. The better approach is to figure out which individual bits are different between our codings, change them one at a time, and see if the desired behavior happens with each change. That shouldn't be too tedious in this case...the coding in our cars is different by 2 bits in Byte 01, and 3 bits in Byte 02. If you don't already know how the binary math of long coding works, it pays to do some learning before you start changing bits. If you choose to paste the whole coding in without knowing what other (undesired) changes this may cause, you do so at your own risk.
  • Mine is a US-spec car. The hardware is the same, but some of the codings may involve other regional differences. It would be nice to see a third car (EU-spec with memory seats) for comparison.

That being said, my coding for that module is 08197B25002444111000

Hopefully you can make something work out. If you do figure out which specific bit(s) make the change, please report back to the forum.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
See this thread for more on the bitmath in general if you want to learn about that, C99.

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/help-vagcom-3585/index.html

Two things linger on my mind concerning the key memory in non-seat-memory cars is that the brochure says drivers seat doesn't get the drawer underneath in cars with memory, this would suggest there are some additional electronics perhaps there. But if e.g. aerodave's full hardware scan doesn't reveal any modules that seem relevant, perhaps there isn't. Or perhaps there is just some intermediate control box for the memory buttons.

The second thing is that if VAG COM can be used to activate the key memory, does the settings still save automatically to the key or would the memory buttons in the car be needed for that initial saving... probably not?

So, there would seem to be hope for this mod! Great stuff. Thanks guys, this kind of stuff makes our community so super...

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Great, thanks Aerodave, I use VAG-COM for 5 years so I think I know what I do (in most cases ...:D )

I had changed only Byte 2, bit 0, to 1 (or must be checked), it enabled Driver's seat in MMI, but MMI said "Remote control key memory is not active".

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
After some time of waiting, it works with no other changes.

So for cars with just electric seats (no memory seats):
Address 36: Seat Mem. Drvr (J136), O7 Coding - change only Byte 2, bit 0, to 1 (or must be checked in Long codinf helper),
my previous coding: 08017025002444111000, current coding 08017125002444111000.

In MMI, Seat Adjustment you are now able to find Driver's seat, you can set Key memory on/off. Set it "on" for both keyes separetly.
Now, when you close your car, the current driver's seat position will be saved to the current key.
If you open the car, it changes the driver's seat position to the position saved to the key, when you open the driver's door.

In every key may be saved different Driver's seat position.

I don't use it every day, but I think it is usefull and, if you have VCDS (VAG-COM), it is another free mod you can have...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Any reason this wouldnt work with a 3g MMI (2010 A5)?
Yes, probably the same as in my case. The electrical seats do not have J136 - unit of command on the memory seats.

in short, if only the seats are electrically adjustable, it is not possible to have the key with memory, without replacing the seat switches and have the J136 and E470 (seat switch with memory in driver door).

Still, it was possible to change the mirror tilt on the passenger side ............

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, probably the same as in my case. The electrical seats do not have J136 - unit of command on the memory seats.

in short, if only the seats are electrically adjustable, it is not possible to have the key with memory, without replacing the seat switches and have the J136 and E470 (seat switch with memory in driver door).

Still, it was possible to change the mirror tilt on the passenger side ............
This mode is applicable for A5/S5/RS5 coupe and cabrio only !!! :)

It is not for A4, Q5 and A5 sportback :thumbsdown:

Every A5/S5/RS5 coupe and cabrio (and only coupe and cabrio) with electrical seats has Address 36: Seat Mem. Drvr (J136).

This mod is 2 years old, when there was only A5 coupe available, no Sportback yet. So I didn't write about it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ok Thanks!. It is indeed the A5 sb. I was very excited about this mod since here we have 2 radically different driving positions . Bad luck

Recent Mods? I alraedy have the interior light, Vim, passager mirror tilt and battery. TMPS also bad luck (abs module 1AS).

·
Registered
53 Posts
Every A5/S5/RS5 coupe and cabrio (and only coupe and cabrio) with electrical seats has Address 36: Seat Mem. Drvr (J136).
Does it mean, that you can retrofit the seat memory controls with just adding the trim with buttons and wiring?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Does it mean, that you can retrofit the seat memory controls with just adding the trim with buttons and wiring?
In my opinion, yes. I'm still planning this mod by Elsa / Etka. At least you need to buy the control module of the memory seats, to put under the drivers seat - J136, the command unit, to place on driver's door - E470 and wiring. After all this it's necessary to activated on the hidden menu. I'm assuming that this change be around € 450.
Not yet realized that this change will also entail the amendment of the mirrors.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes but only for coupe/cabriolet.

But personally I don't need it, the memory in the key is enough for me.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yes but only for coupe/cabriolet.

But personally I don't need it, the memory in the key is enough for me.
As far as I know, passenger mirror will also remember its position when you put reverse when you have memory seats.

Are you sure that all modules are already in place? "nlm" above said that something is needed.

I'll try to check ELSA for wiring details.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
As far as I know, passenger mirror will also remember its position when you put reverse when you have memory seats.

Are you sure that all modules are already in place? "nlm" above said that something is needed.

I'll try to check ELSA for wiring details.
Memory seat and memory mirror are two things. I haven't said you will have memory mirror with this mod.
For memory mirrors you need different mirrors.

Check ELSA and ETKA, that's the point where I always start all my mods.

·
Registered
442 Posts
After some time of waiting, it works with no other changes.

So for cars with just electric seats (no memory seats):
Address 36: Seat Mem. Drvr (J136), O7 Coding - change only Byte 2, bit 0, to 1 (or must be checked in Long codinf helper),
my previous coding: 08017025002444111000, current coding 08017125002444111000.

In MMI, Seat Adjustment you are now able to find Driver's seat, you can set Key memory on/off. Set it "on" for both keyes separetly.
Now, when you close your car, the current driver's seat position will be saved to the current key.
If you open the car, it changes the driver's seat position to the position saved to the key, when you open the driver's door.

In every key may be saved different Driver's seat position.

I don't use it every day, but I think it is usefull and, if you have VCDS (VAG-COM), it is another free mod you can have...
Hi C99, after some long time I have bought a Vagcom and started to modify my codes thanks to all your experience.

About this mode, I have tried it changing only what you said:
"Address 36: Seat Mem. Drvr (J136), O7 Coding - change only Byte 2, bit 0, to 1", and now what I have got is what you said before, it enabled Driver's seat in MMI, but my MMI said "Remote control key memory is not active", so I can not select ON or OFF for the memory key.
What do I have to do now?, because you had the same problem at first but some time later you only said that now that was working properly but you didn't say how you could get it.

Besides, I'm going to write you my car coding that it had before and after because is a bit different than yours:

previous coding: 08017025002444441000,
current coding 08017125002444441000.

As well, after doing this my driver seat rear buttons to move the driver seat to get into de rear seat doesn't work at all now (the passenger rear buttons work perfect), so I suppose I have some problem with that modified code.
I will try to code again my previous code to see if those buttons work again, but first I would like to know how did you get activate the key memory.

Thanks for all

1 - 20 of 80 Posts