Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Painted Matte Black Rear Diffuser

Attachments

·
Registered
395 Posts
i was thinking of doing this on my coupe, but i have mixed feelings... do you have any pics from the rear straight on? also maybe with the top up so i can get a better idea for myself ... it looks very clean, but im unsure if the rear might look a little too plain without the silver contrasting

·
Registered
842 Posts
That looks so clean.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
is it just painted? looks great

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! I had it sprayed at a paint shop. I'll post some pics some more pics as I take them.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
That works really well on black...nice job. Considered it myself but I decided it wouldnt work well on avus.

·
Registered
395 Posts
That works really well on black...nice job. Considered it myself but I decided it wouldnt work well on avus.
IMO it might look even better on the avus silver.. because there would be more of a contrast.. you should do it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
590 Posts
I am so on the fence here. I love the look of the painted rear valence but also the look of EuroGear's carbon rear valence. Both look great and the painted valence definitely looks good on the darker cars.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am so on the fence here. I love the look of the painted rear valence but also the look of EuroGear's carbon rear valence. Both look great and the painted valence definitely looks good on the darker cars.
If money were no object, I would have gotten the carbon. I had mine sprayed for free.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
That's a beautiful a** :D

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
anyone got more pictures of the valance painted black?

·
Registered
197 Posts

Plastii-Dip'd

·
Registered
395 Posts

Plastii-Dip'd
how is the plasti-dip holding up so far? did you take it off before painting, or did you just tape around it and leave it on?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Front and back have held up perfect. Going through car wases and all. I did it on the car. For me it was the best way to test it and see if I really liked it because you can peel it right off if wanted.

Now that I know I like it, I will take it off and have it painted and I will buy the black grill.

·
Premium Member
970 Posts
Here's mine sparyed matte black (did it last year) - couple of angles:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Painted Matte Black Rear Diffuser
Do you have the aluminum rocker panel trim below the door? And if yes can you post a side pic? Thinking of it for my car.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts