Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
is that an fmic i see???
Nah, I'm pretty sure that's just the way the sunlight is hitting the radiator grille making it look like it could be an intercooler.

It looks like the side mirrors are still glossy.
Good observation. I noticed the same thing. I wonder why they didn't paint those matte too.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I like I like...Ok I take it this was made to order. so it is not standard?

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Now that is Schweeeeeet! Would love be able to drive an S5 around that looked like that. A stealth colour that would cause some serious looks.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Wow, that looks...stealthy is the only word I can think of. I can imagine how good that looks in person.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Not for me give me Phantom anyday!

Looks nearly as dull as Meteor Grey (Gray) IMHO.

·
Registered
470 Posts
If the A5 wasn't my only car that i will have to drive everyday. I would without a doubt get this color, it looks like the F***ing Batmobile:eek:

P.S Is it just me or Does that A5 have the same front bumper as the S5, you know on the sides with those 3 slits instead of 1 or 2 like the A5.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
P.S Is it just me or Does that A5 have the same front bumper as the S5, you know on the sides with those 3 slits instead of 1 or 2 like the A5.
That's because this is an S-line A5. To see the differences between a regular A5 and an A5 with the S-line option, refer to this post. (Also, you can view photos of the S-line here).

·
Registered
714 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Bugger to keep clean me thinks

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
714 Posts
Oops, sorry, I did have a quick scan for other posts given that it was on Fourtitude which I know many others read ... looks like I didn't pay enough attention.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
On a serious note: is it a manageable colour/finish? How practical would it be to look after on a day to day basis? Is it a special paint or has the black been flattened and then clear coated over?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A rep from MTM posted on another forum that this car is not actually painted matte black, rather it's a matte black "foil" that's been applied.

Incidentally, certain parts weren't covered in the foil/film due to the difficulty in applying it to those surfaces (e.g., door handles, mirror covers).

Cost was 2,499€ to do this car.

·
Registered
479 Posts
On a serious note: is it a manageable colour/finish? How practical would it be to look after on a day to day basis? Is it a special paint or has the black been flattened and then clear coated over?
Matte paint is generally a real PITA. You can't really touch it, because you will "buff" it with fingerprints, and then it gets shiny, and then you don't have matte any more.

The film is a great option - I think it looks awesome.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts